America is a Christian Nation - Page 89
Page 89 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Because just because you don't know something, doesn't mean that god magic is the solution.
    And it doesn't mean God's hand is not in it. Perhaps what some see as "magic" is the norm in another dimension, another world or heaven.
    No one has still been able to answer a basic question...
    Do you love your kids? Prove it.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    And it doesn't mean God's hand is not in it. Perhaps what some see as "magic" is the norm in another dimension, another world or heaven.
    No one has still been able to answer a basic question...
    Do you love your kids? Prove it.
    Love is just a human emotion, something perceived only in the mind, just like your love your sky daddy thingy.

Can your prove that your urban legend about your deity taking a clod of dirt, some spit, and blowing on it made a human?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Strange motorscooter

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Quote Originally Posted by Farmhood View Post
    Strange motorscooter
    WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Farmhood View Post
    Which is not possible for the simple reason that atheists do not waste time or effort being hostile to any imaginary character of fable or fairy tale.

You don't have the courage, or the conviction to actually define what you mean do you?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Sorry to interrupt but didn't science also state the World was flat. If science is so absolute, as some claim, how come they cannot accurately predict weather? The Hurricane thing comes to mind.
    As posted on another thread, please take the time to read: Shock U.S. Senate Report: Left-Wing 'Billionaire's Club' Using Environmentalism to Control the US Economy and Subvert Democracy
    No one has every claimed that science is absolute, that is reserved for the pure ignorance of religion.

Science did challenge the concept of a flat earth, and when science understood that the earth was not flat, it corrected the concept, and has been challenging and refining knowledge ever since.

In the mean time, christians will attack anyone that dare to even question their non-sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    That's what I figured. You won't talk "science" with anyone capable of debating it with you. That pigeon represents you and your faith in global warming junk science every bit as much as it represents adherents of any traditional faith.

I've always had a feeling that you were a phony. Thanks for confirming it. Al Gore still appreciates your support though.

Blues
    Thanks for the chuckle. You accept the existence of absurd concepts (gods) with absolutely zero evidence, yet resort to insults when someone brings a topic where there is a growing amount of evidence counter to your perspective.

It is futile to discuss anything with those that cling to fairy tales and look at science like it was sorcery. Science is not like a buffet where you get to pick only the dishes you like (the science of medicine to save your life, or technology you find useful, your computer), yet dismiss the dishes you don't like, like evidence counter to your views, or worse counter to your book of short stories and ancient fables.

8. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    ...In the mean time, christians will attack anyone that dare to even question their non-sense.
    Nothing nonsensical about it at all; here's a Reader's Digest version for overly analytical critical thinkers and assorted skeptics: 6000 years ago, an all-knowing, eternal, all-powerful being who has never left a trace of evidence of his existence created the entire, fully-formed universe in the blink of an eye and made the earth the center of it. He simultaneously created a man and a woman with original sin; this involved a talking snake and an evil apple--a side-plot. Then he destroyed most of their descendents (not sure how Cain and Able found anybody to start descendents with, but that's a separate issue) for sinning. After the earth repopulated and after he killed lots of other people in a variety of gruesome ways (mostly because they weren't sufficiently worshipful of him), he got a woman pregnant with himself as his own child so that he could be born. Later, he arranges to have himself killed as a sacrifice to himself in order to save mankind from the very sin he gave them in the first place.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Thanks for the chuckle. You accept the existence of absurd concepts (gods) with absolutely zero evidence, yet resort to insults when someone brings a topic where there is a growing amount of evidence counter to your perspective.

It is futile to discuss anything with those that cling to fairy tales and look at science like it was sorcery. Science is not like a buffet where you get to pick only the dishes you like (the science of medicine to save your life, or technology you find useful, your computer), yet dismiss the dishes you don't like, like evidence counter to your views, or worse counter to your book of short stories and ancient fables.
    I knew global warming was a hoax long before I accepted Christ as my Savior, or believed in or practiced any form of religion at all.

I don't really care that we have a difference of opinion on the legitimacy of global warming orthodoxy, unless you support, as the overwhelming majority of global warmers do, using government to limit our freedoms to make a living or raise food or transport goods to market or drill for our own resources to save our own population the expense and threat to our safety and security that dependency on Middle Eastern countries represents - or any number of less obvious schemes based on junk science that limits our freedoms - if you support any of it, we have a problem, having absolutely nothing at all to do with my faith in Christ.

You're welcome to be deceived by the liars, tyrants and globalist hacks that populate CRU, the IPCC, the UN, our federal government and their willing sycophant-serfs in the gen-pop. You have the right to believe anything you like, as do I. You have the right to be wrong, as do I too. What you don't have the right to do is use that belief in junk science to support all the infringements on rights that our politicians have been supporting in the utterly phony name of "saving the planet" that none of them have the first inkling of what really threatens this planet in the first place. It sure as heck ain't cow farts and coal, the internal combustion engine or incandescent light bulbs. And if you don't support all those types of infringements based on your belief in global warming, then fine, but what good is the belief in man's ability to decide which planets live or die if you're not willing to stand against man's continued abuse of "his" environment? I've never encountered a global warmer who believes in unfettered free-market rights too. Maybe you'll be the first?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Thanks for the chuckle. You accept the existence of absurd concepts (gods) with absolutely zero evidence,
    I don't think it's fair to say there's zero evidence to prove the Existence of God. Even if we accept the Big Bang Theory something touched the Big Bang off. The Universe has a first cause and it makes much more sense to me to assume an intelligent Creator than to assume a cosmic accident.

I know this is a cliché answer but to me the idea that all of this universe comes from nothing , means nothing and is going nowhere is the same as postulating that I can literally pick up hand fulls of paint (that had to come from somewhere), throw them at a canvas and eventually the Mona Lisa will appear.

You wouldn't accept that explanation for the existence of a can of soda why do you accept it for the existence of the universe?
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Ringo is right if an atheist didn't have a christian thread to search for and cry about they would feed on themselves...ok I know I messed that up a little...sorry