America is a Christian Nation - Page 9
Page 9 of 156 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    But I will compare what the Christian American nation achieved and was blessed with compared to this pagan world we see before us today.
    Tell us then, just exactly what do you claim your "Christian nation" has achieved?

A brief list sans the spiritual message intertwined will suffice.

3. Quote Originally Posted by AR Hammer View Post
    Actually, America isn't supposed to have ANY official religion,
    Nor is religion of any kind supposed to be involved in the government.

You have the RIGHT to PRACTICE any religion you want to,
    But you DO NOT have the right to try and influence/recruit/convert anyone else, that's not a 'Right' and shouldn't be tolerated.

Personally, I'm offended by the total lack of disregard for the constitution right now,
    The total disregard for my personal rights as I'm bombarded daily, usually hourly, with religion crap on TV, radio, from elected officials, ect.
    And I really wish the right wing, 'Christian' section of the population would quit trying to force their version of 'Religon' on me at every turn...

I will defend your RIGHT to any practice any religion (or no religon) you want to,
    But when the right wing tries to force it down my throat,
    It leave a REALLY bad taste!

You would think people would show better taste than to try and force feed the very people that defended and still defend their rights to any belief system they care to take up this week...

Religions/Religious Sects/Religious Dogma come and go with the wind,
    Are swayed by politics, world events, regional customs, ect.
    But the only constant is the people defending the right to change your minds and switch religious sects/affiliations.

Please just show some manners, and leave people to choose what they want to like it's supposed to be...
    If the 'Christians' keep abusing the privileges they are given right now,
    Eventually the defenders of those privileges will get sick and tired of the constant assult on THEIR RIGHTS,
    And that will be where the trouble begins.

'True Believers' in Christianity are about 15% (roughly 18% in the US) world wide.
    The same percentage of people most medical establishments consider 'Seriously Delusional' at any given time...

Personally, I look at 'True Believers', people willing to support a 'National Religon' or killing someone that doesn't convert, the same as the seriously delusional or mentally dangerously unstable.
    Believing in any given 'Higher Power' that can't be proven or even supported by facts is a mental illness in my opinion...

If it weren't for GWB trying to fight the crusades again, we wouldn't be in Iraq at all.

If it weren't for the 'True Believers' in the Tailban & Al Quada, we wouldn't have issues in Afghanistan.

The sooner we drop the superstitions/religions and learn to get along, the better off the entire planet will be.

The sooner the 'True Believers' figure out they weren't given the planet to do with what they want,
    Pollute, waste, ect.
    And they figure out they didn't inherent the planet from some superior being,
    But are borrowing the planet from their grand children,
    The better off we will be.

We ARE NOT the 'Masters & Owners' of the earth,
    We are just borrowing it from our offspring...

If you want to believe in Aliens, God, Allah, Zeus, Crom, Great Spirits, or whatever,
    You have the right to do so, Guaranteed by the constitution and that right protected by soldiers and should be enforced by the government (Which currently is not open to any religion other than certain sects/offshoots of Christianity).

All that is fine with me.
    Just show some manners and don't try to force the belief system you have on me while the rest of us are actually trying to figure out how/why things work like they do without just saying 'God Made It That Way'...

Just one foot note,
    It wasn't until 1996 the 'Catholic' church finally differed and admitted the earth wasn't the center of the universe, that we actually revolve around the sun.

It wasn't until 2004 the 'Catholic' church finally differed and admitted there was 'Officially' something beyond our solar system.

'Christian' doctrine still allows for capitol punishment of 'Heretics', so you can be put to death simply by disagreeing with the 'Christian' religions.
    Not even Islam allows for death, they consider 'Non-Believers' mentally compromised and should be pitied instead of killed in horrible fashion.

I don't care what you believe in, you have the right to warship a grilled cheese sandwich or defects in a pane of glass in this country.

You DO NOT have the right to try and make anyone else do so.
    Please respect that...
    The words Catholic and Christian get thrown around a lot as synonyms, but we have once again forgotten the history of the Catholics burning the Lollards at the stake. The inquisition is a Catholic thing. The crusades are a Catholic thing. Preaching the gospel is a Christian thing. Let's be a little more discrete with our terms. There is not capital punishment for heretics as you incorrectly state as a born again Christian, that is once again a Catholic thing through the laws of the inquisition which are still in force, if not at present actively enforced. The current Pope was the head of Office of the Congregation of the Faith if I remember correctly as the grand inquisitor.

Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From “grand inquisitor” to pope: Benedict XVI to head crusade vs. secularism, democracy

You are free to believe as you wish. We force nothing upon you at all, but it is our duty to preach the truth of salvation to all creatures. If you don't want to hear the truth, so be it. We have done what we are obligated to do for our fellow man, preach the gospel. You can walk away from it at any time you wish. The greatest gift God gave us is free will. I would simply recommend you use it wisely.

Cheers

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Tell us then, just exactly what do you claim your "Christian nation" has achieved?

A brief list sans the spiritual message intertwined will suffice.
    It provided me as a child in the 1960's the freedom to be without parental protection when out playing all day long, yet still remain safe. Are your kids safe today in this pagan nation? Do they enjoy the freedom that I enjoyed as a child and my mother and father before me in their generation?

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I'm cool, HK, just really tired. Might as well take the moment to apologize to other posters with whom I may have shown short patience. I'm typically a little more upbeat; right now, my attitude is just plain ugly.
    No apologies necessary Flash. What's UGLY is the depraved and reprobate minds of the lost that we confront on this forum much too often. The Lord said it would be this way, just remind yourself of the NARROW GATE, and cheer up. Fight the good fight, don't get discouraged. Your reward is great, it's all worth it.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    It provided me as a child in the 1960's the freedom to be without parental protection when out playing all day long, yet still remain safe. Are your kids safe today in this pagan nation? Do they enjoy the freedom that I enjoyed as a child and my mother and father before me in their generation?

+1. I am 60 years old. Things were much different when I was a child. I have witnessed a lot of change over the last 50 + years and I can tell you most of it is not for the better.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Hey, Hammer, could you please cite references that prove the Christian faith is shoving its beliefs down your throat. Or is it just that any time you hear a politician mention God or Jesus Christ, it pisses you off? I haven't seen nor heard of any Christian - pastor, church or individual (aside from the kooks like the Westboro Baptist Church) trying to force you to believe in anything. I haven't seen any representative claiming that those who do not believe in Jesus Christ are not welcome in the U.S.

I haven't heard anyone claiming that Christianity is the state religion, that everyone must pray to Jesus under penalty of law (or worse - try dissing Islam in Iran). I haven't seen any law that says school children have to pray (you guys won that one, didn't you?). And I haven't seen any Christian trying to shut up any other religion, especially Islam, from practicing in the U.S. I haven't seen Christians trying to shut down mosques, or temples, or trying to remove a Star of David from a building.

Quite the contrary, I have seen people like you trying to shut Christianity down by telling everyone that their faith should only be practiced in the home and in church. No outward expression of faith should be seen in public, like a creche scene in a park, or a cross on a hill in New Mexico, or a teacher praying with students who want to pray.

No, sir! If anyone should be pissed off, it is us Christians, because just about any other faith is tolerated by you people BUT Christianity. Obama takes part in a Muslim day of prayer, and all is well. But Franklin Graham wants to pray with the troops, and it's an abomination.

This country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles, and if you knew anything about American history, you'd know that. Nowhere did the Founding Fathers insist that everyone had to pray, but even the government back then supported God in almost everything they did. Now that the moral code attached to a belief in God has been quashed, we have no honesty in politics or in public, either. No accountability. No integrity. No honesty. No responsibility.

And therein lies the answer - with God there is an accountability, without Him there is none. With God there is a right and a wrong, without Him, right and wrong are personal choices. You don't like "Christianity rammed down your throat" because it holds you accountable for your actions, and even hearing the words of Christ are offensive to you. Even seeing a cross in public offends you. It's not that the United States forces anyone to believe in God or Jesus Christ, it's the fact that if anyone, especially someone in government, mentions God or Christ, it just burns you up.

Too bad that you don't care for diversity - why don't you get up in arms over CAIR and Muslim terrorist training camps in the U.S.? Why don't you slam Islam for treating women like chattle, and for "honor killings?" If there could be any religion that offends here in the U.S., it could very well be Islam. But we're P.C. in this country, and Christians make such a better target. Besides, if you say something bad about Islam, someone will try to kill you. Now there's a religion to root for, eh? But those damned Christians, with their preaching, their charities, their food kitchens, their Bible studies...boy, that just sticks in your craw.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Quote Originally Posted by piece corps View Post
    hey, hammer, could you please cite references that prove the christian faith is shoving its beliefs down your throat. Or is it just that any time you hear a politician mention god or jesus christ, it pisses you off? I haven't seen nor heard of any christian - pastor, church or individual (aside from the kooks like the westboro baptist church) trying to force you to believe in anything. I haven't seen any representative claiming that those who do not believe in jesus christ are not welcome in the u.s.

I haven't heard anyone claiming that christianity is the state religion, that everyone must pray to jesus under penalty of law (or worse - try dissing islam in iran). I haven't seen any law that says school children have to pray (you guys won that one, didn't you?). And i haven't seen any christian trying to shut up any other religion, especially islam, from practicing in the u.s. I haven't seen christians trying to shut down mosques, or temples, or trying to remove a star of david from a building.

Quite the contrary, i have seen people like you trying to shut christianity down by telling everyone that their faith should only be practiced in the home and in church. No outward expression of faith should be seen in public, like a creche scene in a park, or a cross on a hill in new mexico, or a teacher praying with students who want to pray.

No, sir! If anyone should be pissed off, it is us christians, because just about any other faith is tolerated by you people but christianity. Obama takes part in a muslim day of prayer, and all is well. But franklin graham wants to pray with the troops, and it's an abomination.

This country was founded on judeo-christian principles, and if you knew anything about american history, you'd know that. Nowhere did the founding fathers insist that everyone had to pray, but even the government back then supported god in almost everything they did. Now that the moral code attached to a belief in god has been quashed, we have no honesty in politics or in public, either. No accountability. No integrity. No honesty. No responsibility.

And therein lies the answer - with god there is an accountability, without him there is none. With god there is a right and a wrong, without him, right and wrong are personal choices. You don't like "christianity rammed down your throat" because it holds you accountable for your actions, and even hearing the words of christ are offensive to you. Even seeing a cross in public offends you. It's not that the united states forces anyone to believe in god or jesus christ, it's the fact that if anyone, especially someone in government, mentions god or christ, it just burns you up.

Too bad that you don't care for diversity - why don't you get up in arms over cair and muslim terrorist training camps in the u.s.? Why don't you slam islam for treating women like chattle, and for "honor killings?" if there could be any religion that offends here in the u.s., it could very well be islam. But we're p.c. In this country, and christians make such a better target. Besides, if you say something bad about islam, someone will try to kill you. Now there's a religion to root for, eh? But those damned christians, with their preaching, their charities, their food kitchens, their bible studies...boy, that just sticks in your craw.

+1000
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    No apologies necessary Flash. What's UGLY is the depraved and reprobate minds of the lost that we confront on this forum much too often. The Lord said it would be this way, just remind yourself of the NARROW GATE, and cheer up. Fight the good fight, don't get discouraged. Your reward is great, it's all worth it.
    I'm in. My surly attitude is, among others, one of the things I struggle with (it's a real smorgasboard!). I'm particularly incensed by the "tolerance types" who tolerate every deviant behaviour you can dream up, but oh, those Christians, they gotta go...

Thankfully, the price has been paid and I'm covered! Need to keep my focus there. I'm a work in progress, to be sure.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Being a Christian nation, our nation achieved EVERYTHING necessary to become the great nation it "has been" (past tense) from it's day of conception. Only in the past 40 years since the secularists have been active in destroying those principals, has this nations greatness turned full circle, resulting in the DISASTER we are confronted with today.
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Being a Christian nation, our nation achieved EVERYTHING necessary to become the great nation it "has been" (past tense) from it's day of conception. Only in the past 40 years since the secularists have been active in destroying those principals, has this nations greatness turned full circle, resulting in the DISASTER we are confronted with today.
    It began when prayer was removed from the public schools. When I was a youngster, the Lord's Prayer was recited at the beginning of each new school day AND scripture was read aloud over the public address system.

When mankind attempts to remove God from the public forum, and believe themselves to be superior to their Creator, then God obliges and removes Himself from their midst. When that happens, those who've turned their backs on the Almighty can no longer receive His blessings, as they have turned Him out of their lives.

THAT IS WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE U.S.A. TODAY!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Page 9 of 156 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast