America is a Christian Nation - Page 90
Page 90 of 156 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Nothing nonsensical about it at all; here's a Reader's Digest version for overly analytical critical thinkers and assorted skeptics: 6000 years ago, an all-knowing, eternal, all-powerful being who has never left a trace of evidence of his existence created the entire universe in the blink of an eye and made the earth the center of it. He simultaneously created a man and a woman with original sin; this involved a talking snake and an evil apple--a side-plot. Then he destroyed most of their descendents (not sure how Cain and Able found anybody to start descendents with, but that's a separate issue) for sinning. After the earth repopulated and after he killed lots of other people in a variety of gruesome ways (mostly because they weren't sufficiently worshipful of him), he got a woman pregnant with himself as his own child so that he could be born. Later, he arranges to have himself killed as a sacrifice to himself in order to save mankind from the very sin he gave them in the first place.
    Thanks for sorting that out, now it all makes sense, kinda.... two men spawn off spring, incestually, artificial insemination, and some masochistic self destructive behavior. Damn with god magic, anything is possible.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Sometimes I just read stuff over and over LOL and I am positive it is not good to do drugs.

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    It's hard to understand that nearly all Anglo-Saxon nations were Christian in many aspects. Even Germany.

This is a 6 1/2 minute news story from CBN about a German Christian who stood up to Islam and proclaimed Jesus Christ as Lord over Germany. Excellent testimony -- I highly recommend watching this video clip. There are "reformation" churches scattered all across this country practicing what has come to be known as "Chrislam," and the church this lady disrupts is in the middle of a "Chrislam" type of sermon. If any of this "interfaith outreach" is going on in your church, it is up to you to put a stop to it. Anyway, it's a good video. Enjoy and praise the Lord for this brave woman:

No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Excellent video. I wonder how many in this country would have the courage to do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Excellent video. I wonder how many in this country would have the courage to do the same?
    I would if there were any "Chrislam" churches around here, but if there are, I've never heard of 'em.

That said, there are tons of "Churchianity" churches around here, meaning they market Christianity as a business -- supported, allowed and government-controlled to a large degree -- through the tax-exempt laws that keep them controlled from talking anything remotely related to politics from the pulpit, unless of course, the politics are of the "acceptable" kind to government.

In reality, it's the same problem the German lady is addressing, which is a sort of Western cultural trend towards accepting as equal anything calling itself "godly," even when it is completely contradicted by the Bible.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Little bit off topic here but I believe that if God called you to that He would supply the courage. There have been time sin my life when I really didn't want to open my mouth and God essentially made me do it
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    Little bit off topic here but I believe that if God called you to that He would supply the courage. There have been time sin my life when I really didn't want to open my mouth and God essentially made me do it
    Mental illness. Any action based on believing that an imaginary deity wants you to harm anyone is pure and simply a mental illness, and the greatest danger to the future of civilization that exists.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Apostasy

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I would if there were any "Chrislam" churches around here, but if there are, I've never heard of 'em.

That said, there are tons of "Churchianity" churches around here, meaning they market Christianity as a business -- supported, allowed and government-controlled to a large degree -- through the tax-exempt laws that keep them controlled from talking anything remotely related to politics from the pulpit, unless of course, the politics are of the "acceptable" kind to government.

In reality, it's the same problem the German lady is addressing, which is a sort of Western cultural trend towards accepting as equal anything calling itself "godly," even when it is completely contradicted by the Bible.

Blues
    Hinting by way of question as to the length of time between the first coming and the second, Jesus asked the question '...Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?" (Luke 18:8) He already knew the answer to the question, but was conveying that Christianity's ebb and flow would have to happen, until a point was reached, in which this body too, seemed to be at a culminating point. It would seem as if Christ would never return...and many would turn away from the true faith and follow after whatever the world was selling. The slide into apostasy was a gradual, yet consistent one. An element of the apostate has always been present since the beginning, but in the latter times, it would pick up momentum. Where true, Biblical Christianity once stood, is now being increasingly replaced by catchy slogans and marketing campaigns designed to increase attendance and generate an obscene cash flow. Where doctrinal truths are set aside to accommodate the masses. Instead of portraying the Gospel that saves, they present a highly commercialized, highly filtered, and utterly lukewarm (as not to offend) 'gospel' that teaches: all love and no judgment, all blessing and no repentance and turns the focus to self, instead of being on Christ, ignores or perverts the prophetic Scripture, and teaches the "kingdom is now".

Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition (2 Thess 2:3) The last and final falling away, (apostasia) is a de-Christianizing of Christianity. It removes the exclusivity of salvation through Christ alone, and injects salvation by works and/or promotes a Universalist salvation, in which all paths lead to God. Although a complete falling away cannot occur this side of the Rapture (see Matthew 16:18-19), we can see modern Christendom trending heavily that way now. The push is to unite all of Christianity together under the banner of ecumenicalism...led by the "original" universal church in Rome under the Pope. The Charismatics, Prosperity preachers, and Emergent church devotee's seem already onboard with this. Their goal is to stifle dissent as being divisive. And although it's not an overwhelming problem at the moment, it is growing.

The Bible records that Christendom in the world does not progressively get better, but gets worse. The last church age is not one of global conquest for Christ, but an abhorrent Laodicean church who is lukewarm and repulsive to Christ so much so, that He vomits them from His mouth. Although true Christianity cannot be completely overcome this side of the Rapture, we see that once the Rapture does occur, what remains of Christendom will quickly slide into that final, global religion headed by the False Prophet and the Antichrist. I believe in the coming months and possibly years, the true Church, or what remains of it, will be put under immense political, economic, religious, and societal pressure to conform, to embrace religious multiculturalism and ecumenicalism. Many pastors and denominations are even now laying down as to avoid the intense criticism and pressure the media, social networks, and activist have already brought to bear on them. Major denominations are already refusing to come out and take a strong stance against homosexual clergy and marriages within their own ranks. True, there will be pockets of 'spiritual' resistance who refuse to conform to this new, evolved Christianity-'lite', but these are considered well outside of the mainstream conversation, and are ignored, and relegated as Westboro Baptist-types. What remains of the true Church, should the Lord tarry, will have to consist of an underground network of home churches as currently exists in places like China and the Middle East.

Currently, religious freedom in the United States is largely becoming a façade, which only applies to everyone...except for the born-again Christian. And the whole world will line up behind the famous, the subject matter experts, the media mouthpieces, the polls, and the academic types who say that Christianity needs to evolve in order to stay relevant. (Apparently, this standard does not apply to Islam) But these famous people, these enlightened leaders will continue to point the blame at the true Christian, and state were it not for these hateful bigots who still cling to their 'guns and their bibles', the world would be a better place. But what does Christ have to say? Revelation 3:8-10..."I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name...Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown".

- Pete Garcia -
    The Most Important Thing That You Can Do In This Life, Is To Determine "WHERE" You Will "LIVE" In The Next Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    What remains of the true Church, should the Lord tarry, will have to consist of an underground network of home churches as currently exists in places like China and the Middle East.

- Pete Garcia -
    I think I recall asking you about this once, Ringo, about how/what you thought of what I referred to then as the "Corporate Church." My earliest concept of how the 1st Amendment was supposed to work certainly didn't include a tax code, 501(c)(3), devoted to "legally" partnering with government in order to "freely" exercise one's faith. Long before I was born again, I questioned such an interpretation of the 1st Amendment as comporting with original intent, and ever since I was born again, have questioned how preachers can legitimately adhere to scriptural teachings while being stifled through the bribery of tax-exempt status to stay away from various subjects in the pulpit. Having never had those questions answered to my satisfaction, I decided sometime last year not to affiliate myself with any 501(c)(3)-compliant church. I still volunteer at the Salvation Army rehab program, and will likely volunteer to drive and man their food trucks again before everything's said and done, but my Bible study has taken to something very close to what is described above, just fellowship with neighbors without any connection to government through 501(c)(3) or any other codes that would serve to stifle whatever we want to talk about and/or study. One of those neighbors coined the word, "Churchianity" to describe what we were trying to avoid by studying as we do, and the above essay goes into depth about all the implications of the term from my perspective. It's hard to imagine that one can be practicing full-blown Christianity if their spiritual guides are adherents of Churchianity. And the sad thing is, 501(c)(3) "protections" have become such the norm in American Christendom that I'm not sure most well-meaning Christians ever think about how disconnected from the Bible a government-sponsored (read: controlled) church necessarily is. I pray they see it soon....very soon.

Blues

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I think I recall asking you about this once, Ringo, about how/what you thought of what I referred to then as the "Corporate Church."

Blues
    My take on the "corporate church" is that of being raised in a Southern Baptist Church. No gathering ends without the offering plate being passed. My decision was that I believe in God and the Bible, I am just not so fond of some of his fan clubs.
    Chief