America is a Christian Nation - Page 98
Page 98 of 156 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1554

Thread: America is a Christian Nation

  1. #971
    One may consider our nation to be Christian, Jewish, Muslim or any other religion. As previously stated, we do not have a national religion but a nation of different religions. I am of those who declare themselves to be Christian; our illustrious potentate, Obama, believes we are a Muslim nation because of his particular leanings, and so it goes down the line. I think, if we would all adhere to our own particular beliefs and leave others to theirs, we could get along but, due to different personalities, there is no way in hell we will all agree. The question now is, why can't we just all agree to let others think as they will, without comments, and name calling by others? If you are an atheist, I'm OK with that. You have all heard of God and the Bible. If you have made what you consider to be a rational choice and denied Him, you will have to live with the consequences, if there are any, of your choice. The same with all others, we will live with the choices we have made based on our beliefs. So, in the meantime, all we are doing is exacerbating the problems by the continual crossing of swords. You will think I am a dumb ass for my beliefs; I think you are a dumb ass for your beliefs. There, we are all dumbasses so let's put this argument to bed!

    Attachment 12720

  2.   
  3. #972
    Religion and morality... are necessary to good government, good order, and good laws, for "when the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice" [Proverbs 29:2]. William Paterson Singer, signer of the Constitution; and U.S. Supreme Court Justice
    “An armed society is a polite society.”

  4. #973
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    When you have nation that is NOT a Christian nation, you get countries with leaders that get to behave how they want to, damn the people. Pick a middle east nation and you will see the policies that muslim leaders support and enforce. If we were not a Christian nation, Obama would have already opened the borders and gone full on socialist, damn the country and what it wants. Think about the things America has addressed and fixed in the short time since its founding: Regional Governors treated as potentates with complete autonomy, any religion that opposed the decrees of the Church of England, Women treated as second class non-working/non-voting citizens, Blacks as non-citizen slaves with no national voice, etc. The list goes on, and you can downplay the Christian impact on all these decisions, but it will not be fact.
    Chief

  5. #974
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,960

    We are now living in a post-Christian nation.

    This might be a hard pill to swallow for some, but we are now living in a post-Christian nation. For the better part of 50 years, America has been transitioning from that of broad-based, Judeo-Christian culture, to that of a neo-pagan/secular humanistic one. She is no longer that ‘shining city on a hill’, because she is abandoning those principles that made her stand out amongst the nations. For the regular readers here, and for those who have a proper working knowledge of bible prophecy, this should come as no surprise.

    The cultural slide began in earnest around the mid 1960’s; right around the time, the Beatles launched their ‘American Invasion’ to the United States. The Beatles were huge, so much so, that John Lennon once stated that they (the Beatles) were more popular than Jesus Christ. Shortly thereafter, they made a pilgrimage to India to meet the Mahareshi Mahesh Yogi and study advanced Transcendental Meditation. After their perspective stays, the newly Hinduized ‘Fab Four’ began introducing Eastern Mysticism to the culture at large back here in the States.

    While the Beatles are not solely to blame for cultural slide into paganism, their rise to fame and fortune came at exactly the right moment when drugs and free ‘love’ were sweeping across the nation. America was embroiled (albeit the early stages) in a long, unpopular war. The communist slogan “Make Love, Not War” was for all intents and purposes, the slogan of the decade, and placated the people’s desire to voice a protest against an already unpopular and unnecessary war. As was noted back then by the iconic Bob Dylan…“the times, they are a ‘changing.”

    What free love and psychedelic experiences was to the sixties, political correctness and political angst was to the seventies. In 1973, Roe v. Wade legalized abortion on demand, and thus institutionalized the idea that a woman has the constitutional right, to murder her unborn child for any reason. Again, political correctness was the main tool used to dehumanize the unborn from that of a thinking, feeling, growing human baby, to that of a non-feeling, and non-thinking gelatinous fetus. From then until now, we have tolerated the murders of over 50 million babies. A fact no one likes to bring to light is that abortion is the number one cause of death in the United States.

    What political angst and counter revolution was to the seventies, consumerism was to the eighties. Video killed the radio star, and thus the MTV generation was born. Ridiculous movies, ridiculous music, and ridiculous trends were all the rage and America seemed invulnerable and impervious to the growing storm brewing beyond her borders. The first major sign of trouble, happened on “Black Monday”, when reality-based economists began to note that we weren’t ten feet tall and bullet proof, and that if things didn’t change, we could be in a for more financial shocks down the road.

    Consumerism was to the eighties, as counter-culture and the tech-rise was to the nineties. Culturally, the youth revolted against popular music to that of grunge and hardcore rap. Economically, the internet was a new and wide open field that could either be capitalized on, or exploited…or both. The Berlin wall had fallen in 1989, the Soviet Union would collapse in December of 1991, and the US seemingly lost its only major threat, overnight. Three major events would shake our national confidence: Somalia, World Trade Center (1993), and the Oklahoma City bombing (Alfred P. Murrah Building) in 1995. The Y2K threat loomed large, but the tech boom was creating millionaires overnight so the fears were alleviated by a renewed sense of ‘good times’. Politically, Clintonian-partisan-cronyism was over the top in its grandiose corruption, and China was on the rise.

    Since September 11th, 2001, about the only thing that could be said of the 2000’s, is that change is the only constant. We have been, technologically, politically, culturally, theologically on this fast-forward track of rapid advancements in how we live, what we watch, where we get our information, and so on. Politicians have perfected the art-form of the ‘flip-flop’ in this age of instantaneous information. The current regime has mandated a system of management by crisis (global warming, healthcare, guns, immigration, etc.), and has put to shame anything, any former administration had done before it in terms of spending, cronyism, political sloganeering, and dithering. Our last decade was also marked by our two longest military engagements on record. As those engagements have ended, and are ending, we are kind of back to a 1991 time frame when our enemy ceased to have a name and a face.

    New threats, and even more daunting and perilous challenges face our nation, and these come in the form of potential pandemics, economic collapse, and terrorist splinter groups. Global warming became climate change. Former enemies turned allies, turned enemies, China and Russia, have risen from their political ashes like a phoenix with a giant chip on its shoulder. Economically speaking, our financial system is sputtering and whining like a car going uphill and running on fumes. We live in an age of uncertainty and much anticipated calamity with a new global threat just a moment away from bringing the whole global house of cards down. Each decade seemingly worse than the one before it, and becoming increasingly paganized, and detached from the light of Christ. The world is embracing and surrendering itself to the mystery of lawlessness, (2 Thess 2:7-11) and it is getting worse by the day. We can’t hide. We can’t hide our children from the evil that is spreading like a rot across the face of this earth. But we can arm them and ourselves with the knowledge of God through the Holy Spirit, and then declare war, and take the fight to the enemy. For our weapons are powerful, and our God, mighty to save. We see the end approaching, and we see the signs that point to the time known as the Tribulation is already being set.

    It's discouraging to turn on the news as of late. It is discouraging to hear so many who reject the Gospel message because their hearts are hardened. I think this is just one of the side-effects of this mystery of lawlessness, in that men’s hearts now are in a process of being hardened. Much as we see the process between Pharaoh and Moses, his heart began a hardening process, which at a certain point, could not be changed. It’s discouraging to see the remnant of believers growing smaller, while the luke-warm masses grow larger. The world, and America in particular, relish in the thought of embracing paganism, and secular humanism, as if it’s some new thing…all the while, casting off the ‘shackles’ of the Bible. But we aren’t told to shrink back from that, but like Stephen, be bold until the end, whatever end that may be…comes for us.

    We will leave this planet either by death, or by Rapture, and then we will step into eternity and forever be in the glorious presence of His light and love. The darker it becomes, the brighter we shine, and in our shining, we will certainly draw attention back to the One who saved us from destruction. But we don’t shine because of anything we do, but because of who we represent, and in His righteousness, we force the darkness to shrink back from where we stand until that Day comes, and He calls us to come home to where He is. Even so, Amen!

    Pete Garcia- The Omega Letter

    Life Is Good.
    ~ HEAVEN Has A Wall And A Strict Immigration Policy - HELL Has Open Borders ~

  6. #975
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ohio
    Posts
    766
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Agreed, as demonstrated during the witch trials and burning people alive at the stake. What a wonderful way to start off a new country.

    If it were a christian nation, then christianity would be mandatory, which is one of the reasons that people fled the barbaric dark ages religious practices of Europe.

    Everyday the courts are overruling and turning over laws that are based on religion, such as the recent SSM ruling that was just overturned in a number of states. The fact the country is inhabited with primarily christians does not in any way make it a christian nation, because the government is NOT based on any religion.

    Some countries do have an "official" religion or one that has special status such as;
    Argentina
    Denmark
    Finland
    Israel
    Italy
    Saudi Arabia - which mandates all citizens be Islamic

    First since we are talking about Christianity and the establishment of the United States and not the 17th-century when supernatural was considered part of everyday life and many people believed that Satan was present and active on Earth, it had nothing to do with Christianity.

    The concept emerged in Europe during the fifteenth century and spread into colonization of North America, it had no relevance to Our Founders in the 1700’s but if that is the only thing you have to hang your hat on, you mise well use it.

    Since America was founded on three documents: The Declaration of Independence; The Paris Peace Treaty of 1783, and the Constitution.

    These documents give conclusive proof that America is a Christian nation and the Majority of Americans don’t need a law degree or a degree in history to grasp this truth.

    It is obvious to everyone except those with Socialist/Communist agenda.

    Since the Communist and their Atheist Counterparts understood in order to infiltrate and destroy America these are just a few of the goals they set.

    17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks. (Common Core?)

    21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures. (Today’s propaganda is alive and well)

    26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy." (Your right the Liberal/Communist Judges are overriding the majority vote of the American people)

    27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch." (You’re doing a good job keep working on it)

    28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state." (dido)

    29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis. (The current administration has done more to destroy the Constitution in the past 6 years than all the previous Socialist in the last 238 years)

    30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man." (You can’t erase History, but that doesn’t mean you aren’t going to continue trying)

    The very people who wrote, signed and ratified the Constitution also used the Federal government, it's land and resources to promote Christianity.

    Of course, Communist and People like you attempt to deny these facts and will sometimes use deception (like the Salem Witch Hunt) instead of looking at the actual evidence.

    Fisher Ames is considered by many to be the author of the 1st Amendment and he said, “...we have a dangerous trend beginning to take place in our education....We've become accustomed of late to putting little books in the hands of children containing fables with moral lessons. We are spending less time in the classroom on the Bible, which should be the principle text in our schools. The Bible states these great moral lessons better than any other man made book.”

    Most people don't even know that the term “Separation of Church and State” does not exist anywhere in the Constitution. That term was used by Thomas Jefferson in a personal letter he wrote to the Danbury Baptist Association of Connecticut on January 1, 1802.

    Now Liberal judges and lawyers have seized on that one phrase he used that one time in that personal letter to create a false perception of what the Constitution actually says, when anyone with ½ an ounce of common scenes would know better.

    So if that is really what Jefferson believed why did he as an official Presidential act, order the extension of the 1787 Act of Congress that designated areas of Federal land “for the sole use of Christian Indians and the Moravian Brethren Missionaries for the civilizing of the Indians and promoting Christianity”.

    He also ordered the same governmental promotion of Christianity to the Wyandotte Indians in 1806 and even again in 1807 to the Cherokee Indians.

    So you tell me when Thomas Jefferson used those words “separation of Church and State” in that letter, do you really think he meant a Nativity Scene can't sit on government property or a judge can't hang a picture of the 10 Commandments on his wall?

    Your problem is America is and will continue to be a Christian Nation because the Majority of Americans are Christians and once this false economy collapses all that is left to save us will be God and his people if their are any left.

    Remember the final goal of Socialism is Communism and once that goal is met, the useful idiots are eliminated.
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Debray View Post
    First since we are talking about Christianity and the establishment of the United States and not the 17th-century when supernatural was considered part of everyday life and many people believed that Satan was present and active on Earth, it had nothing to do with Christianity.

    The concept emerged in Europe during the fifteenth century and spread into colonization of North America, it had no relevance to Our Founders in the 1700’s but if that is the only thing you have to hang your hat on, you mise well use it.

    Since America was founded on three documents: The Declaration of Independence; The Paris Peace Treaty of 1783, and the Constitution.

    These documents give conclusive proof that America is a Christian nation and the Majority of Americans don’t need a law degree or a degree in history to grasp this truth.

    It is obvious to everyone except those with Socialist/Communist agenda.

    Since the Communist and their Atheist Counterparts understood in order to infiltrate and destroy America these are just a few of the goals they set.

    17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks. (Common Core?)

    21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures. (Today’s propaganda is alive and well)

    26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy." (Your right the Liberal/Communist Judges are overriding the majority vote of the American people)

    27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch." (You’re doing a good job keep working on it)

    28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state." (dido)

    29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis. (The current administration has done more to destroy the Constitution in the past 6 years than all the previous Socialist in the last 238 years)

    30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man." (You can’t erase History, but that doesn’t mean you aren’t going to continue trying)

    The very people who wrote, signed and ratified the Constitution also used the Federal government, it's land and resources to promote Christianity.

    Of course, Communist and People like you attempt to deny these facts and will sometimes use deception (like the Salem Witch Hunt) instead of looking at the actual evidence.

    Fisher Ames is considered by many to be the author of the 1st Amendment and he said, “...we have a dangerous trend beginning to take place in our education....We've become accustomed of late to putting little books in the hands of children containing fables with moral lessons. We are spending less time in the classroom on the Bible, which should be the principle text in our schools. The Bible states these great moral lessons better than any other man made book.”

    Most people don't even know that the term “Separation of Church and State” does not exist anywhere in the Constitution. That term was used by Thomas Jefferson in a personal letter he wrote to the Danbury Baptist Association of Connecticut on January 1, 1802.

    Now Liberal judges and lawyers have seized on that one phrase he used that one time in that personal letter to create a false perception of what the Constitution actually says, when anyone with ½ an ounce of common scenes would know better.

    So if that is really what Jefferson believed why did he as an official Presidential act, order the extension of the 1787 Act of Congress that designated areas of Federal land “for the sole use of Christian Indians and the Moravian Brethren Missionaries for the civilizing of the Indians and promoting Christianity”.

    He also ordered the same governmental promotion of Christianity to the Wyandotte Indians in 1806 and even again in 1807 to the Cherokee Indians.

    So you tell me when Thomas Jefferson used those words “separation of Church and State” in that letter, do you really think he meant a Nativity Scene can't sit on government property or a judge can't hang a picture of the 10 Commandments on his wall?

    Your problem is America is and will continue to be a Christian Nation because the Majority of Americans are Christians and once this false economy collapses all that is left to save us will be God and his people if their are any left.

    Remember the final goal of Socialism is Communism and once that goal is met, the useful idiots are eliminated.
    Highly selective, out-of-context quotations (note in particular the absence of any mention of the supremely important Federalist Papers "founding documents" because they clearly set out how the new country will not be a Christian state) do not the truth make (except to the delusionally religious--hopefully a small and dwindling, though annoyingly vocal segment of religious people). Nor does comical misuse of antiquated, formerly loaded terms like "communist" make any sense except to the lunatic fringe right, which has no idea how to distinguish socialism from classic liberalism from communism from capitalism from representative democracy. But they do know how to stick labels on things.

  8. #977
    Quote Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
    Highly selective, out-of-context quotations (note in particular the absence of any mention of the supremely important Federalist Papers "founding documents" because they clearly set out how the new country will not be a Christian state) do not the truth make (except to the delusionally religious--hopefully a small and dwindling, though annoyingly vocal segment of religious people). Nor does comical misuse of antiquated, formerly loaded terms like "communist" make any sense except to the lunatic fringe right, which has no idea how to distinguish socialism from classic liberalism from communism from capitalism from representative democracy. But they do know how to stick labels on things.
    They get their training from using the buy bull to defend the buy bull, cherry pick snippets and piece them together out of context to malform the meaning to match their views.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  9. #978
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    America is founded in Christian principles. Our laws originate from English common law which originated in religious law. American law encompasses much of the commandments. Our founding fathers decided the first amendment would prevent he government from embracing any one religion over another. The reason for doing this is that America was founded and settled by people escaping religious persecution in England... by the government and king. C'mon guys this is basic America history 101. It's not up for debate.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  10. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    America is founded in Christian principles. Our laws originate from English common law which originated in religious law. American law encompasses much of the commandments. Our founding fathers decided the first amendment would prevent he government from embracing any one religion over another. The reason for doing this is that America was founded and settled by people escaping religious persecution in England... by the government and king. C'mon guys this is basic America history 101. It's not up for debate.
    The first three sentences are partially true--and therefore misleading. The rest is disingenuously wrong. The resulting assertion that the U.S. is a Christian nation, one of the most persistent big lies, is shameful. And that is definitely not up for debate.

  11. #980
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Give this a read. This is written as satire, but sadly it is the only way to explain the truth.
    Of Course the Government Should Force Churches to Perform Gay Weddings | TheBlaze.com
    Chief

Similar Threads

  1. Judge Declares Prayer Unconstitutional - Here's What You Can Do
    By Conservative Wife & Mom in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 08:48 PM
  2. Obama & The Progressives Planned Destruction of America...
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 07:32 PM
  4. Is America No Longer a Christian Nation?
    By HK4U in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 11:48 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 09:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast