Disturbing Conversation - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disturbing Conversation

My name is Harry Callahan. Go ahead make my day you liberal trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Do you have an ax to grind?
    That was very clever, HK. As a matter of fact, I can think of several dozen axes that I have to grind.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Go to the history channel current event discussion board they have a lot of free thinking mindless liberals.
    One way that you can get under the skin of a liberal is mention the author of their play book
    Saul Alinsky Rules for Radicals
    Opening page - Dedication

“Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history... the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom — Lucifer.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

"The Revolutionary force today has two targets, moral as well as material. Its young protagonists are one moment reminiscent of the idealistic early Christians, yet they also urge violence and cry, 'Burn the system down!' They have no illusions about the system, but plenty of illusions about the way to change our world. It is to this point that I have written this book."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The Purpose

In this book we are concerned with how to create mass organizations to seize power and give it to the people; to realize the democratic dream of equality, justice, peace.... "Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.' This means revolution." p.3

"Radicals must be resilient, adaptable to shifting political circumstances, and sensitive enough to the process of action and reaction to avoid being trapped by their own tactics and forced to travel a road not of their choosing." p.6

"A Marxist begins with his prime truth that all evils are caused by the exploitation of the proletariat by the capitalists. From this he logically proceeds to the revolution to end capitalism, then into the third stage of reorganization into a new social order of the dictatorship of the proletariat, and finally the last stage -- the political paradise of communism." p.10

"An organizer working in and for an open society is in an ideological dilemma to begin with, he does not have a fixed truth -- truth to him is relative and changing; everything to him is relative and changing.... To the extent that he is free from the shackles of dogma, he can respond to the realities of the widely different situations...." pp.10-11
    http://www.crossroad.to/Quotes/communism/alinsky.htm

Hey Y'all: I understand that this politics thread comes with a bit of a warning from the moderators as to its heavy discussion. I would only hope, based on a previous thread that has since been closed, that your comments and replies will be thoughtful and respectful; they certainly can be different and honorably contentious at times but anti-semitism (and believe me I many others know it when we read it and I would hope that most members would also) and other hate-filled ridiculous garbage are not condoned. I like the tone set by wingman and hope that further comments follow his lead and do not turn this thread into an embarrassing set of hateful speeches by bigots.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Y'all: I understand that this politics thread comes with a bit of a warning from the moderators as to its heavy discussion. I would only hope, based on a previous thread that has since been closed, that your comments and replies will be thoughtful and respectful; they certainly can be different and honorably contentious at times but anti-semitism (and believe me I many others know it when we read it and I would hope that most members would also) and other hate-filled ridiculous garbage are not condoned. I like the tone set by wingman and hope that further comments follow his lead and do not turn this thread into an embarrassing set of hateful speeches by bigots.
    I am at a lose for words but was there something written in this thread that was hateful or warrants some type of warning?

Hey big1861: Sorry if you misunderstood my last reply but I was referring to previous threads not his current thread. A previous thread was closed for exactly the reasons set forth in my last reply and I was only stating my hope that responsible comments and replies would not be "dirtied" with less than admirable (I'll leave it at that) statements. As the moderators have stated before you enter the political subject, this is for the thick-skinned, but that does not give license to obscene and/or bigoted comments of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Do you have an ax to grind?
    probably just wants to "bury the hatchet"

handgonnetoter Guest
    You would be surprised at the number of guys I work with that consider themselves "gun guys-hunters", but really don't know much of anything that is going on around them. They won't join the NRA or take five minutes of their time to even try to support anything related to their 2nd Amendment rights. They always make some stupid comment like "yea, they can have my guns - one bullet at a time"! Talk like that is usually a lot of hot air. Also, if there are some from the "dark side" using sites like this to get information on gun owners and hunters, then all I can say is they need to get a life! If all one has for their political agenda is going around digging up garbage like that, then they don't have an "agenda" at all.

I'm a bit confused... when someone refers to someone else as a troll what does that mean? It almost sounds as if you are labeling anyone with a different opinion than yours, and decides to post a comment that is in disagreement with your own, that makes them a troll?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12