National ID Card Included In Democratic Immigration Bill
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National ID Card Included In Democratic Immigration Bill

National ID Card Included In Democratic Immigration Bill - Yahoo! News

LULAC president: Immigration law is like Nazi Germany Play Video KENS 5 - TV San Antonio LULAC president: Immigration law is like Nazi Germany

* Senate Democrats Outline Immigration Strategy Play Video Video:Senate Democrats Outline Immigration Strategy CBS 2 / KCAL 9 Los Angeles
    * L.A. Prepares For May Day Immigration March Play Video Video:L.A. Prepares For May Day Immigration March CBS 2 / KCAL 9 Los Angeles

Immigration debate shakes US to the core AFP/File If the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor looks as welcoming today as when greeting new immigrants
    Ryan Grim Ryan Grim Thu Apr 29, 8:05 pm ET

Democrats pushed forward on an immigration overhaul on Thursday evening with no Republican support, as Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) continues to hold out, arguing that the divisive issue will make progress on climate change legislation impossible.

The Senate is also in the middle of debating Wall Street reform, which is expected to take up the next few weeks of floor time. Reid, however, said that the chamber would be able to handle the task. "We can do more than one thing at once," he said.

The Democratic proposal includes increased money for border patrol and drug war agents, equipment, helicopters and unmanned drones. It would create a national ID -- which is dubbed a "biometric social security card." Though Democrats insist that it is not an ID card and can only be used for employment purposes.

The proposal would also include a crackdown on employers who hire undocumented workers. It works to deport some immigrants who are not in the country legally and creates a limited pathway to citizenship for others.

Democrats brought out their heavy hitters for the announcement: Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.); Majority Whip **** Durbin (D-Ill.); Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), who's been leading the push for immigration reform; Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.); Judiciary Committee Chairman Pat Leahy (D-Vt.) and Intelligence Committee Chairwoman Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.).

The crackdown on employers relies on the creation of national identity cards. "These cards will be fraud-resistant, tamper-resistant, wear resistant, and machine-readable social security cards containing a photograph and an electronically coded micro-processing chip which possesses a unique biometric identifier for the authorized card-bearer," reads the bill summary.

It would create a national ID -- which is dubbed a "biometric social security card." Though Democrats insist that it is not an ID card and can only be used for employment purposes.

can only be used for employment purposes. Now lets see. When the SS cards first came out they said right on the card "Not For Identification Purposes". I remember. How may of you are old enough to remember? It is not on the cards now and guess what? They are used all the time for ID. Immigration is just the excuse. The federal government has created this mess with the intention of getting every American a nation ID card.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I agree !00% that the government has created this mess just so they could pass immigration legislation that will include a National ID card. I wouldn't be a bit surprised but the oil rig, in the Gulf, was blown up on purpose, just so Obama would have a reason th reverse his decision to allow limited offshore oil exploration/drilling on the southeastern coast of the U.S.

Sometimes I really feel like I AM getting paranoid. But, I'd rather be questioning everything the government is doing than have my head in the sand and in complete denial.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    I agree !00% that the government has created this mess just so they could pass immigration legislation that will include a National ID card. I wouldn't be a bit surprised but the oil rig, in the Gulf, was blown up on purpose, just so Obama would have a reason th reverse his decision to allow limited offshore oil exploration/drilling on the southeastern coast of the U.S.

Sometimes I really feel like I AM getting paranoid. But, I'd rather be questioning everything the government is doing than have my head in the sand and in complete denial.
    I'm right there with you. Is it paranoia if they really are out to get you? It's going to take a lot of convincing to make me believe the oil rig was not sabotage.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

wolfhunter Guest
    The oil rig was an accident.

Really it was.

Biden tripped while playing with a new Zippo.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    The oil rig was an accident.

Really it was.

Biden tripped while playing with a new Zippo.

Yea I laughed... F for funny...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

This national ID card has been pushed for at least the last decade. It is not an Obama thing. It is not a Bush thing.
    It is something that our government keeps proposing time after time after time again.

That doesn't mean that it's something to ignore. It's a bad idea. It's a horribly bad idea.
    Just look at how badly our social security numbers are abused. When it was proposed, the government promised that it would only be used for the social security program. How much of that statement has become a lie?

Quote Originally Posted by Booga View Post
    This national ID card has been pushed for at least the last decade. It is not an Obama thing. It is not a Bush thing.
    It is something that our government keeps proposing time after time after time again.

That doesn't mean that it's something to ignore. It's a bad idea. It's a horribly bad idea.
    Just look at how badly our social security numbers are abused. When it was proposed, the government promised that it would only be used for the social security program. How much of that statement has become a lie?
    I agree. I don't trust the Obamanation with anything let alone any immigration legislation. I'm sure everyone will be able to get their very own ID card at their local cantina for 50 pesos (after taxes of course).

GOD IS ALIVE AND VERY ACTIVE.

If you are illegal, will lights flash, and bells go off? No. You are just running late for your next low pay job.
    Illegals are easy to round up and be rid of with the technology we have today. Won't catch em all at once.
    Big business wants the illegals.
    ID cards are placed in wallets. Wallets are lost from time to time.
    What makes more sense is a microchip, or tattoo barcode.
    That way, if you want to charge that gallon of milk at the grocery store, you scan yourself on the way out.
    Show up at the hopital, all your records are there.
    If the cops stops you for speeding he scans you.
    If you wish to vote you are scanned.
    Take your wife out to dinner you are scanned.
    Enter a hotel room with your girlfriend, you are scanned.
    If you go to a bar you are scanned.
    If you cross a state line you are scanned.
    Marketing companies will zero in on all your wants, needs, and desires, you can afford.

The money saved, is great. The personal freedoms lost is priceless.
    FIGHT THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Booga View Post
    Actually the national ID (card or no card) has been "pushed" for at least 2,000 years. It's an "Antichrist thing", a New World Order, One world Government, One World Currency,"thing". It may begin in the U.S. as national, however it will end up as (global) international. Like it or not, deny it or not, check out the Bible (Rev11:18), it's the truth. Maranatha!
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Actually the national ID (card or no card) has been "pushed" for at least 2,000 years. It's an "Antichrist thing", a New World Order, One world Government, One World Currency,"thing". It may begin in the U.S. as national, however it will end up as (global) international. Like it or not, deny it or not, check out the Bible (Rev11:18), it's the truth. Maranatha!
    Amen... Freedom at what cost?

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast