The oil rig destruction sounds fishy - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The oil rig destruction sounds fishy

Angry For me, it is all about response time.

First, let me say that I really hated Bush. I have friends, some on this site, who disagree, but I think that he was a terrible oppressor of our liberties. He was the worst, but has been surpassed by Obummer.

That said, I have a big problem with the horribly inadequate response time, as well as the anemic response thus far. Conspiracy be darned, I believe that this has been intentional. I believe that, faced with a swift and powerful response that might have greatly limited the environmental effects of this catastrophe, Obama waited until the effect on the environment was so bad that he can later point out how terrible and unsafe these platforms are, thus explaining why he has to nationalize them and let the "gub'mint x-perts" run them.

I really feel confident that there are contingency plans for EXACTLY this sort of occurrence. Had the plans been utilized right away, BP would have been better, the gulf coast would have been better, and the American People would have been better.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Bigreb, I am far from being an expert. I understand what you are trying to say. However, just think about it. Something goes kaboom in the room where the system shut down is. Now what ya going to do?
    Remember the titanic? Break safety rules, machines, or systems stop working, sh&t happens.
    Ever have your car catch fire 60 mph in bound 6 30 am on the BQE?
    One can put all the rules, laws, fail safes, and safety systems in place. ***** still happens.
    Look at the gun laws in Chicago?
    theicemanmpls,
    I wasn't trying to be a smartass insinuating that you are an expert but comparing your experince between you an I, I would say you are the expert in this field. But allow me to add that in an emergency people revert back to how they were trained no matter what type of job they do. Reaction an training go hand in hand.

I agree with what you say break safety rules. after reading more info about the oil rig sinking.

The Wall Street Journal reports that the well lacked a remote-control shut-off switch that is required by Brazil and Norway, two other major oil-producing nations. The switch, a back-up measure to shut off oil flow, would allow a crew to remotely shut off the well even if a rig was damaged or sunken. BP said it couldn't explain why its primary shut-off measures did not work.

U.S. regulators considered requiring the mechanism several years ago. They decided against the measure when drilling companies protested, saying the cost was too high, the device was only questionably effective, and that primary shut-off measures were enough to control an oil spill. A 2001 industry report argued against the shut-off device:
    Troubling Details Emerge About BP's Oil Rig Explosion and Spill - Government Accountability Project

I will have to say this event will help push the obama agenda forward and faster then anything else.

It seems fishy because alot posters on this forum have brains infected with FUD.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    It seems fishy because alot posters on this forum have brains infected with FUD.
    I don't like nor do I care for your tone of reply keep your FUD to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Bigreb, everyone here has an ,opinion and anus. Let em talk., or poop. People should be allowed to speak their minds. Trying to shout em down, or call em trolls gets nowhere.
    just an FYI-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    Get used to it, Reb, it's basically all you're gonna get from this guy.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Bigreb, everyone here has an ,opinion and anus. Let em talk., or poop. People should be allowed to speak their minds. Trying to shout em down, or call em trolls gets nowhere.
    just an FYI-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_uncertainty_and_doubt
    theicemanmpls I didn't mean he or she couldn't give their opinion. I just don't like what they were impling. They can give there opinion without being insulting. Even though I am not sure what FUD means I can olny guess that it's not a respectful reply.
    I stand correct thanks for the link.
    1. there's no fear on my part
    2. uncertainty, I am very sure that obama or any of his trolls are capible of doing such a thing to push the liberal agenda. Remember a crisis is a treible thing to waste.
    3. Doubt read number two again.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Get used to it, Reb, it's basically all you're gonna get from this guy.
    Understood, I have had a few discussion with people like this online before.

wolfhunter Guest
    I won't post the definitions here, but since FUD has multiple vulgar meanings, refrain from using the term.
    See Urban Dictionary: fud for a list of meanings.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    I won't post the definitions here, but since FUD has multiple vulgar meanings, refrain from using the term.
    See Urban Dictionary: fud for a list of meanings.
    The uban dictionary often puts a colorful spin on things.
    I was thinking more of this definition.
    I don't find anything wrong with the wikipedia one, do you?

Fear, uncertainty and doubt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast