OK...Fred's Out. NOW Who? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OK...Fred's Out. NOW Who?

First off, I don't want to monopolize this thread. However, at that risk, I have to say that the thought of casting a vote for the co-author of McCain-Feingold (which craps directly on the First Amendment) and a leader of the Gang of 14 goes hard against my grain. I suppose if he were cast as the Nominee I might have no other choice, but, for me, there's very little daylight between McCain and Hillary and their views.

Right now, after spending my recuperation time poring over the Internet for facts and reviews of facts, it seems to be between Huckabee and Romney, with me leaning 60/40 for Huck.

...but I'm still reading...
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Presedent

I am for Huck, and maby Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    First off, I don't want to monopolize this thread. However, at that risk, I have to say that the thought of casting a vote for the co-author of McCain-Feingold (which craps directly on the First Amendment) and a leader of the Gang of 14 goes hard against my grain. I suppose if he were cast as the Nominee I might have no other choice, but, for me, there's very little daylight between McCain and Hillary and their views.

Right now, after spending my recuperation time poring over the Internet for facts and reviews of facts, it seems to be between Huckabee and Romney, with me leaning 60/40 for Huck.

I still can't get over McCain winning SC! However, he only got around 34% of the vote and Huckabee got 29%. If it was just between the two Huckabee would have won. (just an opinion) If McCain pulls it out for the nomination I probably won't vote in the general election. I made a pledge that I won't vote for a Democrat and I trust him as much as I do a Democrat. So I guess I'll try to get my $100 back, double it and send it to Huck! ;)
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Moved where? Did I post it in the wrong category?
    Off-Topic (3 Viewing)
    Anything NOT related to firearms or concealed carry.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post

Ektarr, before considering Romney you may want to read the following:

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics....20071217e.html

Romney

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Ektarr, before considering Romney you may want to read the following:

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPolitics....20071217e.html

The waffle man. A true "buracrate".
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I still can't get over McCain winning SC! However, he only got around 34% of the vote and Huckabee got 29%. If it was just between the two Huckabee would have won. (just an opinion) If McCain pulls it out for the nomination I probably won't vote in the general election. I made a pledge that I won't vote for a Democrat and I trust him as much as I do a Democrat. So I guess I'll try to get my $100 back, double it and send it to Huck! ;)
    I cannot agree more! After 2000, I can't believe that McCain won SC - I personally voted for Mike Huckabee. I do like Fred and Ron, but i didn't think either of them had enough support to make it... I refuse to vote for McCain - even if he does end up being the Republican candidate. I'll write in a candidate first.
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

who to support

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I cannot agree more! After 2000, I can't believe that McCain won SC - I personally voted for Mike Huckabee. I do like Fred and Ron, but i didn't think either of them had enough support to make it... I refuse to vote for McCain - even if he does end up being the Republican candidate. I'll write in a candidate first.
    I'll write in a candidate first. +1 for me.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

FYI. Take special note of "Past Actions" section.

http://www.betterimmigration.com/can.../prez2008.html

Flip a coin...

Unfortunately Romney will be a better choice than Clinton or Obama. Because of the Mormon vote, Romney will get ID, UT and possibly WY along with any other states with a large Mormon population. That's how Romney took Nevada. Ironically Sin City was founded by Mormons and they are a very strong factory here.

As long as we keep Congress in check we won't see any new gun control legislation at the federal level. Remember, new machine gun purchases were outlawed when Reagan was in office. We got the Firearm Owner Protection Act, but we ended up losing the right for civilians to purchase new machine guns on or after May 19, 1986. There's some contention on whether or not the Hughes Amendment which was the poison the the FOPA when it was voted in was legal.

Ron Paul and Fred Thompson would be ideal choices for the country as a whole, however I don't see them making it past the caucuses and primaries.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast