I weep for my country - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: I weep for my country

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    HEY! I WANT ALL OF MY RIGHTS!

    Screw the crappy republicans, and screw the crappier democrats. It is because of both of these pools of festering corruption that we are all weeping for our country.

    I am ready for the Thomas Jefferson party.
    +1
    There have been many great presidents in history... I'm ready for that cycle to start again. Of course it will take someone with some intestinal fortitude made of steel to stand up for what is right, and not give in to the money that will be thrown at him/her

  2.   
  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Boom: Appreciate your pointed comments replying to Cocked & Locked who, I guess, feels it is necessary to demean and get personal instead of being a gentleman and just state his counter arguments--I am truly embarrassed by forum members who find it necessary to engage in personal innuendo.
    once again your comments are meaningless and finger pointing.. I believe the politics forum is for those who can have a discussion that will get heated and pointed from different points of view. So either thicken up and stop the whining or move on to the nickelodeon boards where eveyone is happy and plays with foam covered toys.

    I can agree with comments about constitutional failures from both presidents but I just see a distinct difference in the intent of the two of them--overreacting to a threat vs intent to destroy.
    what exactly do you mean by overreacting? We (America) had a coordinated terrorist attack against us on our soil that killed and hurt many many inocent civilians. If anything W. should have reacted sooner with more force. But, this leads us into another discussion...

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Boom: Appreciate your pointed comments replying to Cocked & Locked who, I guess, feels it is necessary to demean and get personal instead of being a gentleman and just state his counter arguments--I am truly embarrassed by forum members who find it necessary to engage in personal innuendo. I can agree with comments about constitutional failures from both presidents but I just see a distinct difference in the intent of the two of them--overreacting to a threat vs intent to destroy.
    I tend to agree with all your points, here, KC.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    once again your comments are meaningless and finger pointing.. I believe the politics forum is for those who can have a discussion that will get heated and pointed from different points of view. So either thicken up and stop the whining or move on to the nickelodeon boards where eveyone is happy and plays with foam covered toys.
    Personally, I think it's rather chickensh#t to be name-calling and insulting others while hiding behind a keyboard.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Personally, I think it's rather chickensh#t to be name-calling and insulting others while hiding behind a keyboard.
    I agree, however sometimes when adults are involved in a heated conversation, and tempers are tried; people are going to say things that others may find mean. But, when you have a child that tries to join that conversation, and the whole time all that child does is cry about so and so said this or so and so said that, then that child needs to be put back in his place at the safe little kiddy table with a box of tissues, so that the adults may continue their conversation.

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    I do not normally try to directly affront another individual in any way whatsoever when it comes to matters of opinion or controversial arguments. It is a no-win situation for everyone involved. What I will do is characterize an attitude, opinion, event, whatever. It may be yours. If the shoe fits, wear it. Or respond as you see fit.

    But if that only pisses you off followed by a flamboyant personal attack with no further intelligent exchange, guess what? You just validated my comments.

    Thank You.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Onlinedad View Post
    I agree, however sometimes when adults are involved in a heated conversation, and tempers are tried; people are going to say things that others may find mean. But, when you have a child that tries to join that conversation, and the whole time all that child does is cry about so and so said this or so and so said that, then that child needs to be put back in his place at the safe little kiddy table with a box of tissues, so that the adults may continue their conversation.
    I'm sure it will make good discussion here as to what is considered an adult and what is considered a child.
    AMERICA'S EPITAPH
    Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, He Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done

  9. Hey we are having a good conversation here, let's not make it personal. Everyone has some good ideas, even if I don't agree 100%.

    Maybe someday soon I will start the Jefferson Party. I'll take all of my Constitutional rights, thank you. And no exceptions permitted in times of war or during terrorist attacks.

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayspeed View Post
    Hey we are having a good conversation here, let's not make it personal. Everyone has some good ideas, even if I don't agree 100%.

    Maybe someday soon I will start the Jefferson Party. I'll take all of my Constitutional rights, thank you. And no exceptions permitted in times of war or during terrorist attacks.
    No one could possibly disagree with that, Jay.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I'm sure it will make good discussion here as to what is considered an adult and what is considered a child.
    LOL, that would indeed be entertaining as well


    And Jayspeed, I'd vote for that Jefferson party idea! During times of war everyone should expect to sacrifice something, just not their constitutional rights.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Petition against the stimulus package Country First PAC
    By rockwerks in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 02:33 PM
  2. Carrying handgun in the back country
    By tricapwr in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 06:22 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 02:03 PM
  4. Obama to Coal Country: I will bankrupt you
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 09:29 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 11:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast