I weep for my country - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: I weep for my country

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA
    Posts
    8,607
    I'm old enough to say that I've lived in a country that was free, a decent place to raise a family, with hope that my kids would have the same privilege and blessings. I was a patriot, I really loved my country and everything it stood for and the rights it guaranteed its citizens. Mother & apple pie we used to say, worth fighting for and dying for. I can't say any of that today, quite to the contrary, and that is why I have wept, for a country lost. I don't weep for this country anymore, I just shake my head and watch in shame and disgust as the New America rapidly devours itself from within, resulting in it's own destruction. My fathers generation was "The Greatest Generation", the generation that sacrificed all to secure the freedoms & liberty of future generations. My generation was the last conservative generation dedicated to preserving our heritage and the freedoms & liberty guaranteed in our Constitution and Bill of Rights for our children.

    Yes, I'm a Bible believer, and 2 Timothy:3, for those who care enough to even take the time to read it, is perfect in it's truth and description of our present generation. Life is a long series of Choices & Consequences, period. I've made my Choice to believe God's Word, not mans. My citizenship is in Heaven with a mansion guaranteed for all eternity, in the presence of God, therefor I fear nothing. I have no doubt that all of the fears discussed on this forum will be manifest in short time. Even viewing the world conditions from a secular point of view, there is NO WAY OUT. Hearing all of the garbage in the news in relation to crime, drugs, immorality,violence, immigration, homeland security,foreign diplomacy, political correctness, rejection of God, the economy, etc. and so on, fill in your own blanks, there is nothing left for decent God fearing people to hope for concerning our nation. Regardless of any disaster to yet happen, I cannot weep. To me it is considered justice, the only kind of justice left, POETIC JUSTICE. These are the consequences for the choices of this generation in its ignorance. I'm a realist, that's the way I see things and accept things from this point forward.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~

  2.   
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I'm old enough to say that I've lived in a country that was free, a decent place to raise a family, with hope that my kids would have the same privilege and blessings. I was a patriot, I really loved my country and everything it stood for and the rights it guaranteed its citizens. Mother & apple pie we used to say, worth fighting for and dying for. I can't say any of that today, quite to the contrary, and that is why I have wept, for a country lost. I don't weep for this country anymore, I just shake my head and watch in shame and disgust as the New America rapidly devours itself from within, resulting in it's own destruction. My fathers generation was "The Greatest Generation", the generation that sacrificed all to secure the freedoms & liberty of future generations. My generation was the last conservative generation dedicated to preserving our heritage and the freedoms & liberty guaranteed in our Constitution and Bill of Rights for our children.

    Yes, I'm a Bible believer, and 2 Timothy:3, for those who care enough to even take the time to read it, is perfect in it's truth and description of our present generation. Life is a long series of Choices & Consequences, period. I've made my Choice to believe God's Word, not mans. My citizenship is in Heaven with a mansion guaranteed for all eternity, in the presence of God, therefor I fear nothing. I have no doubt that all of the fears discussed on this forum will be manifest in short time. Even viewing the world conditions from a secular point of view, there is NO WAY OUT. Hearing all of the garbage in the news in relation to crime, drugs, immorality,violence, immigration, homeland security,foreign diplomacy, political correctness, rejection of God, the economy, etc. and so on, fill in your own blanks, there is nothing left for decent God fearing people to hope for concerning our nation. Regardless of any disaster to yet happen, I cannot weep. To me it is considered justice, the only kind of justice left, POETIC JUSTICE. These are the consequences for the choices of this generation in its ignorance. I'm a realist, that's the way I see things and accept things from this point forward.
    You're speaking for me too, here, brother.

    I moved to the Outback almost 25 years ago because I preferred to raise my kids here vs. Baltimore (where I grew up) or Washington D.C. (where I was working at the time). I had gone to grad school here and my wife is from here. At the time, I felt that the public schools here were the equivalent of any good private school anywhere else (families were active with their kids in the schools, teachers were for the most part, if not Christian, at least conservative and patriotic), and people here believed in God, country and apple pie. In the ensuing years, I have watched the infection that I detected elsewhere begin to seep in locally. Basically, I blame the socialist loons at the local University, and the NEA for the demise. I would no longer send my kids to public schools, here, as the multicultural, tolerance, and political correctness philosophies are now well entrenched.

    Interestingly enough, many of the college students I teach, are still very, shall I say, "traditional" and bemoan the God-less, socialist orthodoxy which is being crammed down their throats. I decided to quit teaching a couple years ago and 240 students personally signed and sent a missive to me asking me to stay on, as I was one of the few profs who hadn't bitten the "apple of socialism". I was flattered and encouraged and I'm still there.

    We reap what we sow. And today we are sowing cultural, economic, and political horse...uh...puckey. Comes the whirlwind.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I can agree with comments about constitutional failures from both presidents but I just see a distinct difference in the intent of the two of them--overreacting to a threat vs intent to destroy.
    While I understand the distinction you are trying to make, the rule is none of them for any reason are to be violated. This agenda wasn't started by Clinton or Bush or Obama, this agenda is as old as the country. Multiple presidencies have had their effect on directing the country this way, it's just in recent times that more drastic steps have been taken in the name of security and ultimately socialism, although it will never be stated so truthfully.

    It's all bull, we are the last bastion of freedom and they are working hard to take it away. If the country doesn't take a dramatic change of direction this November, you can forget about it.

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Ringo and JJflash, I would wager that things were going on in congress during your times too. Complacency is an terrible disease and most if not all of us were afflicted with it at some point.

    Hell the NFA happened in 1934, where were the upholders of the Constitution then? It's not just the current generation, it's been many of them. Any citizen breathing on US soil right now and many who are not with us anymore are to blame.

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Ringo and JJflash, I would wager that things were going on in congress during your times too. Complacency is an terrible disease and most if not all of us were afflicted with it at some point.

    Hell the NFA happened in 1934, where were the upholders of the Constitution then? It's not just the current generation, it's been many of them. Any citizen breathing on US soil right now and many who are not with us anymore are to blame.
    The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 comes to mind.

    THE FEDERAL RESERVE ACT
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 comes to mind.

    THE FEDERAL RESERVE ACT
    Exactly.

    Lot of reading there, but I'm gonna read the whole thing. It'll probably piss me off though lol.

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Ringo and JJflash, I would wager that things were going on in congress during your times too. Complacency is an terrible disease and most if not all of us were afflicted with it at some point.

    Hell the NFA happened in 1934, where were the upholders of the Constitution then? It's not just the current generation, it's been many of them. Any citizen breathing on US soil right now and many who are not with us anymore are to blame.
    I agree wholeheartedly. As I posted elsewhere, however, I'm feeling like the country is now rocketing toward total state control. So, perhaps it is the pace of change which we have perceived as changing in our lifetimes.

    I also agree that citizen complacency has always been in play. I will argue (however weakly) that maybe my Grandad, Dad, and myself were too busy working, raising families, and dutifully paying taxes to be political activists. We trusted those we elected to do the job they promised to do...and therein lies part of the problem, I guess.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sunny South Florida
    Posts
    486
    The date of the beginning of the downfall is etched for all to see ... July 4, 1776.

    It has not accelerated, we just have access to far more information today than in the past.

    By the time anyone heard something happened fifty years ago, it was old news, today it is debated endlessly on the internet long before any action is taken. And as said previously, complacency is perhaps the most powerful fuel for the fire.

    I remember Barry McGuires "Eve of Distruction" from the 60's, but we are still here. Our country will likely still be here fifty years from now with the the then-current relics (you) whining for the good old days (now).

    -------------------------
    I told them they could have my guns when they pried them from my cold dead fingers ... there are people knocking at my door they have a freezer and a prybar ... I wonder what they could want?

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. As I posted elsewhere, however, I'm feeling like the country is now rocketing toward total state control. So, perhaps it is the pace of change which we have perceived as changing in our lifetimes.

    I also agree that citizen complacency has always been in play. I will argue (however weakly) that maybe my Grandad, Dad, and myself were too busy working, raising families, and dutifully paying taxes to be political activists. We trusted those we elected to do the job they promised to do...and therein lies part of the problem, I guess.
    You are correct, the pace of change has increased dramatically.

    Your argument does hold validity, elected officials were supposed to be men of good character, entrusted with our nations future. But, our country is long overdue for political watchdogs and the time for trusting anyone with power has long been over.

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    The date of the beginning of the downfall is etched for all to see ... July 4, 1776.

    It has not accelerated, we just have access to far more information today than in the past.

    By the time anyone heard something happened fifty years ago, it was old news, today it is debated endlessly on the internet long before any action is taken. And as said previously, complacency is perhaps the most powerful fuel for the fire.

    I remember Barry McGuires "Eve of Distruction" from the 60's, but we are still here. Our country will likely still be here fifty years from now with the the then-current relics (you) whining for the good old days (now).

    -------------------------
    I told them they could have my guns when they pried them from my cold dead fingers ... there are people knocking at my door they have a freezer and a prybar ... I wonder what they could want?
    I assume your speaking phylosophically? Like the old saying, "As soon as your born your dying."?

    For a hundred years or so, to my knowledge thusfar, the Constitution was honored. It's in the last hundred years or so that it has been misinterpreted and ignored.

    Though the country will still be here in 50 years, I prefer to make changes now so my grandkids can say, "Wow, those socialists almost got us back at the turn of the century huh grandpa."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Petition against the stimulus package Country First PAC
    By rockwerks in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 01:33 PM
  2. Carrying handgun in the back country
    By tricapwr in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 05:22 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 01:03 PM
  4. Obama to Coal Country: I will bankrupt you
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 08:29 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 10:53 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast