Clinton Says Arizona Immigration Law Invites Racial Profiling - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Clinton Says Arizona Immigration Law Invites Racial Profiling

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    I would say the Hilda Beast has a point to some degree IF and only IF those crossing our boarders illegally where mix of nationalities. BUT they are not. The Criminal Profile is based on one race that is infiltrating the US. It not like they're busting runaway Swedes in AZ. The connotation that Racial Profiling carries stigmatizes to such a degree that all politicians fear even talking about it as do most people.
    The law states only after a legit stop can LEO's further pursue questioning IF PC is established. Heck, we have DUI check points around the State. Lets just start up having License Check Points. ( I know I'll get a ration on this one) Just can back from Costa Rica and they had Check Points looking for Hondurans in the country illegally. I know it's not the USA BUT it seems to work. ALSO driving in your state is a privilege, not a right. Don't really mind if they check. Would actually help clear some of the illegal drivers off the road as well. Just my opinion.................Kind a like you know what


    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Posts
    2
    Would Obama have to show proof of citizenship if he visited AZ?

  4. #23
    wolfhunter Guest
    All I can say is this: If your "race","color", "creed", or whatever is stigmatized by accurate profiling of a group known to carry out specific crimes, YOU should get active in YOUR community and help stop your "race","color", "creed", or whatever from presenting your "race","color", "creed", or whatever in a bad light.

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I would say the Hilda Beast has a point to some degree IF and only IF those crossing our boarders illegally where mix of nationalities. BUT they are not. The Criminal Profile is based on one race that is infiltrating the US. It not like they're busting runaway Swedes in AZ. The connotation that Racial Profiling carries stigmatizes to such a degree that all politicians fear even talking about it as do most people.
    The law states only after a legit stop can LEO's further pursue questioning IF PC is established. Heck, we have DUI check points around the State. Lets just start up having License Check Points. ( I know I'll get a ration on this one) Just can back from Costa Rica and they had Check Points looking for Hondurans in the country illegally. I know it's not the USA BUT it seems to work. ALSO driving in your state is a privilege, not a right. Don't really mind if they check. Would actually help clear some of the illegal drivers off the road as well. Just my opinion.................Kind a like you know what


    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)
    Your point about DUI checkpoints is well-taken. You won't be getting a ration from me for establishing License Check Points. Personally, I don't care for DUI checkpoints (I know I'll get a ration on this one...), but if we're gonna have them, then license checkpoints are just as valid.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Yes it is racial profiling as we are looking for members of a particular race who are here illegally. Perhaps with closer attention paid we will find other races who are here illegally. I would call that a bonus.

    The Hispanic or Latino individuals that have crossed the borders illegally look just like the ones who crossed legally so the paper work is the fine detail that differentiates the legal immigrants from the illegal ones. So check 'em all... Yup it needs to be done...

    It's kinda sad and tragic how now that the state government in Arizona has decided to do what the federal government has long been able to do, but has chosen to ignore, the media has taken such interest in reporting how it's wrong and violates rights?? WTF??? And I live here work hard, obey the laws, pay taxes and license fees etc. Why? For what?

    Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  7. Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Yes it is racial profiling as we are looking for members of a particular race who are here illegally. Perhaps with closer attention paid we will find other races who are here illegally. I would call that a bonus. The Hispanic or Latino individuals that have crossed the borders illegally look just like the ones who crossed legally so the paper work is the fine detail that differentiates the legal immigrants from the illegal ones. So check 'em all... Yup it needs to be done... Peace...
    They also look just like the Hispanics and Latinos born in the USA. They all look alike, right? So, in case of the inevitable profiling traffic stop, those people born here in the USA should make sure to carry their birth certificates in their wallets and purses, right next to their driver's licenses and CCW permits? Why don't we all carry our birth certificates on our persons, after all, we Asians all look alike, too, correct? How about we Caucasians? We Native Americans? I don't know what it might be, but there has to be a better way!

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by colt4me View Post
    So, in case of the inevitable profiling traffic stop, those people born here in the USA should make sure to carry their birth certificates in their wallets and purses, right next to their driver's licenses and CCW permits? I don't know what it might be, but there has to be a better way!

    I can live with that.

    Short of a 50 foot wall along the border, with automated machine guns every 20 feet on our side of it facing south, not really.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

    I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gulf Breeze FL
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    All I can say is this: If your "race","color", "creed", or whatever is stigmatized by accurate profiling of a group known to carry out specific crimes, YOU should get active in YOUR community and help stop your "race","color", "creed", or whatever from presenting your "race","color", "creed", or whatever in a bad light.
    I could not agree more. Thats the big difference when we whites have one of our own do a heinous crime. We DON'T rally behind them we say glad they got caught now throw the book at them and lock them away for ever. We also go after them to stop the crimes, not make excuses.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 301
    Last Post: 03-08-2015, 06:53 PM
  2. San Francisco Leads Charge to Boycott Arizona
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 10:41 AM
  3. Obama takes aim at Arizona's State sovereignty...
    By Conservative Wife & Mom in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 01:45 AM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 05:57 PM
  5. H 3003 In House Judiciary Committee
    By Red Hat in forum South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 03:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast