Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Students Kicked Off Campus for Wearing American Flag Tees

As misguided as youth can be, the act of wearing a flag on a tee shirt or other item of clothing can be construed or intended as a patriotic gesture by this generation. To the former or older generations it can be viewed or described as disrespectful or in poor taste. That I will stipulate.

The act of doing so however, is still the right of the individual in this country be it in poor taste or not. Being told or forced to refrain from doing by pressure or fear of disciplinary action, I would perceive as infringement on the right itself.

The land of the Free and the home of the Brave will become I fear, the land of the controlled and the home of the Fearful.

As always here on UsaCarry my posts are free and available for public ridicule and rebuke.

Peace…
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

The tee shirts were not missguided or missplaced in this instance. The head bands were. The tee shirts were white with "OLD NAVY" across the chest with a relatively small American flag under it.

Naturally, the above is only my opinion.

I could be wrong but I don't think they were wearing a flag on a shirt but wearing a shirt with the picture of the flag. I see a lot of those kinds of shirts especially around the Fourth of July. I see nothing wrong with them. Better than some of the filth and rock bands I have seen on shirts.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Well, hell, we bemoan the lack of patriotism in the country and we're gonna find fault with kids wearing American flags on their tees? Not me. I salute them. May there be many more.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Well, hell, we bemoan the lack of patriotism in the country and we're gonna find fault with kids wearing American flags on their tees? Not me. I salute them. May there be many more.
    I feel the same.

My daughter and wife were playing with a tie-dye kit they bought last weekend. My daughter thought long and hard about what design she wanted and what colors to use. She chose red and blue for her white tee-shirt. She looked at me longing for approval and I smiled and said that would be a good choice. Granted the design created by her was in no way close to looking like the flag, but her desire to incorporate the colors and the spirit of the American Flag in her design was inspiring to me.

The older generation may disagree, but for me the The image of the American Flag displayed in any respectful form should be admired. It's the spirit of the idea and what is intended vs. what is perceived by the beholder that makes it right.

Again free for rebuttal, rebuke, ridicule etc..

Peace...

I hear on the radio today that the school is claiming they did it to protect the students. What a crock,
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I hear on the radio today that the school is claiming they did it to protect the students. What a crock,
    Sounds like typical sympathetic democratic rhetoric. Remove or infringe upon individual rights to protect the masses...

Peace...

Here's mine.

In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Here's mine.

Attaboy, Ringo! Loud and proud. The way I like it.

To my military friends and brothers, I, too was raised with flag etiquette and I appreciate where you're coming from. However, as I think 6SC pointed out, the fact that any kids are displaying their patriotism and pride of America is quite heartening to me and as long as they do it with basic respect, I can live with it. Perhaps they will encounter a vet sometime who will gladly instruct them in the traditional flag etiquette that we're all familiar with.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

+1... and I just looked down and realized that I have an american flag on my shirt as I type this. and have several more in my T-shirt drawer. I love america and have nothing but respect for our flag and for "the republic, for which it stands"!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast