Bill aims to strip certain Americans of their citizenship
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill aims to strip certain Americans of their citizenship

Washington (CNN) -- A bipartisan group of legislators on Thursday introduced legislation in Congress to strip citizenship from any American found to be involved in terrorism.
    If the Terrorist Expatriation Act passes, an American would lose citizenship if found to have provided material support or resources to a foreign terrorist organization -- as designated by the secretary of state -- or participated in actions against the United States.
    Sens. Joe Lieberman, I-Connecticut, and Scott Brown, R-Massachusetts, co-sponsored the bill. An identical bill is being introduced in the House by Reps. Jason Altmire, D-Pennsylvania, and Charlie Dent, R-Pennsylvania.

Bill aims to strip certain Americans of their citizenship - CNN.com

I feel that does raise serious constitutional issues. A continuation of the Patriot Acts, un American activities.
    Semper Fi

wolfhunter Guest
    Scott Brown was against national healthcare only because HIS state is already paying and he didn't want "double-billing". He's showing himself to be a typical Taxasuchetts Liberal.

Wait til they define right-wing gun owners as terrorists.

Oh, wait! DHS did that last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Washington (CNN) -- A bipartisan group of legislators on Thursday introduced legislation in Congress to strip citizenship from any American found to be involved in terrorism.
    If the Terrorist Expatriation Act passes, an American would lose citizenship if found to have provided material support or resources to a foreign terrorist organization -- as designated by the secretary of state -- or participated in actions against the United States.
    Sens. Joe Lieberman, I-Connecticut, and Scott Brown, R-Massachusetts, co-sponsored the bill. An identical bill is being introduced in the House by Reps. Jason Altmire, D-Pennsylvania, and Charlie Dent, R-Pennsylvania.

Bill aims to strip certain Americans of their citizenship - CNN.com

I feel that does raise serious constitutional issues. A continuation of the Patriot Acts, un American activities.
    I agree with the basic premise and do understand why, but I fear that the law would allow and enable broad sweeping power to be given to those who would pervert the idea and cause more harm than good.

It would be another Salem witch hunt, or the next round of the McCarthy hearings (Red Scare)...

Yikes...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

5. I wonder what the criteria will be for the stripping of citizenship. In order to retain your citizenship do you need to be blonde haired and blue eyed?
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    I wonder what the criteria will be for the stripping of citizenship. In order to retain your citizenship do you need to be blonde haired and blue eyed?
    Nope,, just trade in your guns and Bible for a National ID

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Nope,, just trade in your guns and Bible for a National ID
    I don't have any guns or Bibles. I already got rid of mine a long time ago.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

8. goodness... Im not sure about this one. Should anyone be able to strip an american of his or her citizenship? Even when he or she is involved in terrorism... Im leaning more towards punishing them as an american. This is my initial opinion, I need to do more research.
    Retired US Army Medic
    www.nationofshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    goodness... Im not sure about this one. Should anyone be able to strip an american of his or her citizenship? Even when he or she is involved in terrorism... Im leaning more towards punishing them as an american. This is my initial opinion, I need to do more research.
    My real problem is who decides what is terrorism? For instance is it terrorism to speak out against the policies of the government? According to some if you are conservative, believe in God, believe in the 2nd Amendment, feel that the government is on the wrong track then you may be a terrorist. If you happen to be a vet also then you really are a terrorist. Seems to me when defining terrorism the Federal Government can paint us all with a broad brush.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

How about before we start stripping people of their citizenship, we actually fight the known perpetrators of terror on American soil today? That of course would be the Hutaree Militia...er...no...I mean the Islamic Jihadists. Oh, crap, we're not allowed to say that! I'm outta here...
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

11. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    My real problem is who decides what is terrorism? For instance is it terrorism to speak out against the policies of the government? According to some if you are conservative, believe in God, believe in the 2nd Amendment, feel that the government is on the wrong track then you may be a terrorist. If you happen to be a vet also then you really are a terrorist. Seems to me when defining terrorism the Federal Government can paint us all with a broad brush.

I agree sir.
    Retired US Army Medic
    www.nationofshooters.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast