One Congressman's 2A viewpoint

Thread: One Congressman's 2A viewpoint

Thumbs up One Congressman's 2A viewpoint

Received this e-mail from our Congressman, Representative J. Randy Forbes. My husband and I love this man! Read and find out why...

Friend:

According to George Washington, “Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence . . . the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” So important are firearms to the maintenance of freedom, that the right to bear arms was enshrined in the 2nd Amendment, which was ratified on December 15, 1791 as part of the original Bill of Rights. More recently, the 2008 Heller decision by the U.S. Supreme Court affirmed that there is a federal right for individuals to possess firearms. Yet, there remain those that would infringe on the rights of law-abiding citizens to possess firearms.

In response, I have joined Rep. Rehberg (MT) in cosponsoring a resolution, H. Con. Res. 71, which expresses Congress’ Sense the Federal Government should not create a national database tracking firearm owners or firearm purchases. This resolution works to protect against the expansion of Federal power to keep tabs on law-abiding citizens who assert their right to bear arms.

I have also joined a number of my colleagues as a cosponsor of H.R.1923, the Fairness in Firearm Testing Act. This Act would require the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) to make and preserve a video recording of the entire process of its examination and testing of an item for the purpose of determining whether the item is a firearm (and if so, the type of firearm) or ammunition. It also bars ATF from editing or erasing any such recording, and makes it available at trial if requested to increase accountability. This important bill will provide video documentation of how ATF associates a gun with a crime or gun owner, preventing them from arbitrarily enforcing laws as they see fit and manipulating evidence without consequence.

Together, these common sense pieces of legislation work to protect law-abiding citizens from having their rights infringed by the federal government. As a cosponsor of these bills, I intend to make a clear statement that the 2nd Amendment is just as relevant today as it was in 1791.

Please share your thoughts on this issue by e-mailing me here. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours in service,

Randy Forbes
    Member of Congress
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Gotta love the few that arent complete dumb a**es and those who are actually for the people instead of for themselves
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

that guy is awesome! we need more like him.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Wouldn't it be great to have someone with this viewpoint as President? In my dreams, I guess...
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    that guy is awesome! we need more like him.
    amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Wouldn't it be great to have someone with this viewpoint as President? In my dreams, I guess...
    Yeah, since Randy Forbes is a true Statesman and a real Representative of the People, he would NEVER get the support of the Puppetmasters because his soul isn't for sale...and that's a very good thing!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.