Some Pro 2A Republicans Support Terrorist Watch List Bill
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Pro 2A Republicans Support Terrorist Watch List Bill

Some Pro 2A Republicans Support Terrorist Watch List Bill

Here's one that needs to be followed very closely. If this bill passes, anyone on the terrorist watch list will be banned from purchasing firearms. The main statement made is "preventing potential terrorists from getting guns". What next, ban "potential" criminals? That is where the problem lays, the term potential. Anyone who speaks out loudly could possibly be placed on this list. After all Tea Party members have been called terrorists.

Sen. David Vitter considers supporting ban on gun purchases by those on terrorism watch list | NOLA.com

So, it's beginning to dawn on you that there isn't much difference between R and D when it comes to respecting the rights of citizens?
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I have known for a long time that when it comes to bureaucrats both Republican and Democrats have more than their fair share of traitors to the Constitution.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    So, it's beginning to dawn on you that there isn't much difference between R and D when it comes to respecting the rights of citizens?
    Don't know exactly who the statement is aimed at, however, if you've read some of my other posts you would know that I don't vote strictly party line. I've voted Republican, Democrat and Independent, it depends on who I think is the best choice at the time. I do lean more towards Republicans though.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    There's not much difference between them and the current crop of "Independents", either. Folks have GOT to stop looking at the letter after the name, and start looking at records and comments.

Zell Miller got a lot of attention when he spoke out against the Dem Party,, but guess what? He didn't have enough integrity to say, "I can't be a part of this. I'll declare as an Independent." He's beneath contempt because HE couldn't get past the letter after his name.

7. I agree with Wolfie in that you have to look at what they've done in the past. When people say to me Obama's not anti-2A because that's what he says, I show them his record, but that usually makes them mad because they want to live in cloud-cuckoo land and not see reality. Not sure about comments as much because they lie, but I guess you can get a good idea from people like Bloomberg, Schumer, Pelosi, Feinstein and similar ilk. When I look at voting records, I find I'm 90% Republican, 10% Libertarian, and on every second Thursday a damned anarchist.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Don't know exactly who the statement is aimed at, however, if you've read some of my other posts you would know that I don't vote strictly party line. I've voted Republican, Democrat and Independent, it depends on who I think is the best choice at the time. I do lean more towards Republicans though.
    I could have phrased the remark better as I wasn't singling you out; rather the statement was meant as a general remark on the nature of voters. Yes, you've posted here enough that I know you think about who you vote for and don't blindly follow party lines.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
    I agree with Wolfie in that you have to look at what they've done in the past. When people say to me Obama's not anti-2A because that's what he says, I show them his record, but that usually makes them mad because they want to live in cloud-cuckoo land and not see reality. Not sure about comments as much because they lie, but I guess you can get a good idea from people like Bloomberg, Schumer, Pelosi, Feinstein and similar ilk. When I look at voting records, I find I'm 90% Republican, 10% Libertarian, and on every second Thursday a damned anarchist.
    I said comments because a politician is more likely to slip and say what he means in a comment than in a prepared speech.

10. Gotcha Wolf, makes sense; thanks :)

It seems that we've strayed to the Republican/ Democrat discussion and what I was really trying to point out is the danger to 2A rights should a bill of this type pass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast