Gun Owners of America - Best Pro-gun Candidates in 2010
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Owners of America - Best Pro-gun Candidates in 2010

Gun Owners of America - Best Pro-gun Candidates in 2010

The 2010 elections are shaping up to be a political tsunami, and Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund is right in the thick of it. We can’t wait for 2012—we need to win races all over America this year!

GOA-PVF, the election wing of Gun Owners of America, is supporting candidates throughout the country who are ready to come to Washington and derail the anti-gun agenda of President Obama and his allies in Congress.

The battle is already well underway in many primary races across America. And in these races, your GOA-PVF is standing with candidates who respect the Constitution and who will not be beholden to the leadership of any political party. Often, that means we stand opposed to the preferred candidates of Washington insiders.

Targeting Harry Reid

For instance, GOA-PVF is taking on the Majority Leader of the U.S. Senate, Harry Reid.

In addition to pushing the massive, anti-gun Obamacare bill through the Senate, Reid shepherded a slew of radical anti-gun Obama nominees through the confirmation process.

Thanks in no small part to Sen. Reid, we have an Attorney General, Eric Holder, who wants to reinstate the Clinton gun ban; a “regulatory czar,” Cass Sunstein, who would ban hunting; a State Department legal advisor, Harold Koh, who advocates global gun control; and a Supreme Court Justice, Sonya Sotomayor, who is not sure if you have a fundamental right to self defense.

Time for McCain to Go

In Arizona, GOA-PVF is supporting the candidacy of J.D. Hayworth against anti-gunner John McCain in the Republican primary.

McCain, of course, is infamous for legislation to stifle the First Amendment rights of groups like GOA. Thankfully, a large chunk of that legislation was recently struck down by the Supreme Court.

But McCain is just as much against the Second Amendment as he is against the First. In the run-up to his presidential race in 2000, McCain authored a bill that would have closed down gun shows. He also became a spokesman for the anti-gun group Americans for Gun Safety, appearing in ads pushing for several gun control referendums.

J.D. Hayworth earned an “A” rating from GOA during his twelve years in the U.S. House.

Florida Senate Race

GOA-PVF was also the only national gun rights organization to support Marco Rubio in his primary challenge against Gov. Charlie Crist in the Florida primary, months before Crist decided to run as an Independent.

Rubio, a first generation American whose parents fled Castro’s Cuba in 1970, is a seasoned pro-gun champion who rose to the position of Speaker of the House in the Florida legislature.

An outspoken Second Amendment advocate, Mr. Rubio drew national attention when he commented on the chaos that followed the 2009 elections in Iran:

“I have a feeling the situation in Iran would be a little different if they had a Second Amendment like ours,” Rubio tweeted. Mr. Rubio understands that America’s Founding Fathers considered the Second Amendment a final safeguard against government tyranny and oppression.

“Like the rest of our Constitution, I believe the Second Amendment is a cornerstone of our democracy,” said Mr. Rubio.

Kentucky: Bucking the Establishment

GOA-PVF is also engaged in the Republican primary in Kentucky on behalf of Dr. Rand Paul, who is running against party favorite and Secretary of State Trey Grayson in the May 18 election.

Rand Paul’s commitment to the right to keep and bear arms is unwavering. He understands that the framers of the Constitution viewed private ownership of firearms not merely as a hunting or sporting issue, but chiefly as a safeguard of liberty.

Dr. Paul is committed to defending the Second Amendment against further legislative attacks, and also in rolling back unconstitutional gun laws that are on the books.

On the campaign trail, Dr. Paul calls out politicians who “give lip service to the 2nd Amendment but then go off to Washington and vote to restrict gun ownership.”

These are just a few of the races GOA-PVF is involved in this year, but they are particularly important because GOA-PVF is the ONLY gun rights political action committee involved in each of these elections. GOA-PVF is not afraid to stand up to the establishment and has never been interested in currying favor in Washington in order to get invited to fancy cocktail parties.

The battle we are in is for the very heart and soul of our nation. I don’t think it is too much to say that the futures of our children and grandchildren have a lot riding on what happens in 2010.

Due to FEC regulations, only members of Gun Owners of America may contribute to GOA-PVF. If you're a GOA member and would like to make a contribution to the GOA's Political Victory Fund, click here: Gun Owners of America
    Last edited by lukem; 05-11-2010 at 12:01 PM.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

RINO Juan Flip-Flopping Gun Ban McCain wins Primary over Conservative J.D. Hayworth

IT Is a sad day in Arizona and the rest of the Country when a proven RINO beats a proven Conservative...

Once again facing stiff competition, Arizona Sen. John McCain prevailed over former Rep. J.D. Hayworth in the state's Republican primary Tuesday.

In what could be his final campaign, the four-time senator dished out $20 million in the race to defeat Hayworth, who attacked him for flip-flopping his stance on immigration to appeal to Arizona's more conservative residents. McCain led in every county and held a 57 percent to 32 percent advantage with 82 percent of precincts reporting.

In his victory speech, McCain said he was convinced Republicans would take over the House and Senate in November elections to stop what he deemed out-of-control spending, tax increases and repeal the recently passed healthcare reform law, which he called "Obamacare."

A.M. Top News: In Arizona primary election results, Sen. John McCain prevails | NJ.com

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Very sad. Hopefully this year we will be able to vote out the trash
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

5. Angry Nra???

Even tho' this may be older news, I recently saw where the NRA 'endorsed' Harry Reid...WHAT'S UP WITH THAT???

Quote Originally Posted by trainbrainmike View Post
    Even tho' this may be older news, I recently saw where the NRA 'endorsed' Harry Reid...WHAT'S UP WITH THAT???
    As of the latest issue of American Hunter/American Rifleman members of the NRA receive...

IN PRINT...

The spineless Second Amendment Sell-Outs have not endorsed Harry Reid or Sharron Angle for U.S. Senate...

While they have endorsed Joe Heck for Congress in Nevada over Dina Titus...

CALL THE NRA AND TELL THEM TO ENDORSE SHARRON ANGLE...
    1-800-392-8683

44 Reasons & Counting from Gun Owners of America why Amnesty Loving, Constitution Trampling & Second Amendment Hating Dirty Harry Reid must be defeated by Sharron Angle November 2nd, 2010:
    Is Harry Reid pro-gun or anti-gun? - Gun Owners Of America

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

In the "big picture" scope of things, Reid is not that bad of a choice. If Reid is replaced by Angle, Shumer will likely be Senate Majority Leader. That would be bad news. Shumer is the biggest gun grabber in the United States. His view of the Second Amendment is that Congress decides what is best for the subjects of ruling class. I don't care how pro gun Angle is, if she is elected she'll try to overturn Roe vs. Wade.

I live in Florida and I am unimpressed with all three (known) candidates (clowns) for Senate.. You have the crook, the Liberal, and the flipflopper

I met Alex Snitker (Libertarian) and he is definitely Pro gun (Stance on 2nd Amendment)since he showed up at our Open Carry event... AND he is not all that "Way out there" as most Libertarians are.

I am really upset with the existing system that does NOT give any chance for minor party candidates to debate with the "big" guys at least once.. This is a game the big parties play, they tell the media company that is putting on a debate that their candidate will not show IF anyone but the big 2 (in this case 3) show up to the debate..
    This means that you only get to hear from the elitist chosen candidates that have proven they will play the party politics the machine wants them to play and we wonder why the system is broken..
    Someone in the media needs to step up and call their bluff.. Invite the minor candidates and if the big boys don't show, then run the debate anyways and let the minor candidates be heard!!!

The media uses the excuse, Well you don't poll high enough to be in the debate.. The thing they are NOT telling you is in the polls they DON"T ask who you are voting for, they ask are you voting for the Democrat or the Republican candidate??? Humm why do minor candidates not do well in polls???

Snitker had his own poll done and he pulled almost 15% of the vote, and I haven't seen one sign or bumper sticker for the guy..

Elections are supposed to give "We the people" a choice, not pick one of the chosen few.. The media needs to help stir things up in this area!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    In the "big picture" scope of things, Reid is not that bad of a choice. If Reid is replaced by Angle, Shumer will likely be Senate Majority Leader. That would be bad news. Shumer is the biggest gun grabber in the United States. His view of the Second Amendment is that Congress decides what is best for the subjects of ruling class. I don't care how pro gun Angle is, if she is elected she'll try to overturn Roe vs. Wade.
    Just so I understand your point, keep Reid in power because we don't want Angle to raise a hand against killing the unborn. It's a sad day when murdering the unborn is a high priority.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

DIRTY HARY REID is the worst possible choice...
    his Amnesty Loving, Constitution Trampling, Anti-Second Amendment Record and his never ending attempts at Giving the millions of illegal aliens whom have stolen millions of jobs from law-abiding u.s. citizens, just since January 20th, 2009 alone... AMNESTY; are more than enough reason to send DIRTY HARRY REID BACK TO SEARCHLIGHT NEVADA for good...

Sharron Angle is the only viable candidate that can defeat Dirty Harry Reid and that further supports American Citizens & Freedom First...

Chucky Schumer will be lucky to survive November 2nd himself...

Notwithstanding, the best he can hope for is Senate Minority leader as the HOUSE & SENATE are going to be taken over by WE THE PEOPLE that believe...

1. Nobody owes you anything...
    2. There are no free lunches...
    3. Nobody is entitled to anything...
    4. Life is not fair...
    5. Small-Limited Government...
    6. Self-Reliance.

Vote for & support Freedom & American Citizens First:
    Countdown to Victory | Sharron Angle for U.S. Senate

Need More Reasons To Dump Harry Reid?...
    1001 Reasons To Fire Harry Reid:
    http://harryreidvotes.com/

JSDinTexas Guest
    I have nothing to do with Reid or Nevada, but if Shumer is pro-gun and does not support killing developing human beings, I'm all for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast