We have another American flag controversy WTF - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We have another American flag controversy WTF

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    CapGun, A person with a belt-fed weapon can AFFORD to be passive and non-confrontational. As to the Happiness thing, did you own a cap gun as a child? Were the caps fed off a little paper belt? Wasn't that lot's more fun than putting the individual caps in the chamber to be fired?

I will amend Hopnpop's signature by saying that true happiness is a belt-fed weapon and a constant re-supply of ammo.
    Yes those rolls of caps were just like belt fed! I was very passive and non confrontational back then lol

Quote Originally Posted by hopnpop View Post
    I'm sorry, is this a dig at me? Forgive me for not getting the "passive/non-confrontational/open carry/belt-fed weapon" correlation, would you please clarify?

Be happy to. Some people say that they are pacifists. If you can defend yourself as in maybe be able to kick some ass then if you decide not to fight you can claim that you are a pacifist. If you can't defend your self then you really did not make a choice.
    You said you were passive and non confrontational. It is easy to be if you open carry. Who would mess with you? Then I read the belt fed thing and it was easy to make the joke that you definitely open carry. Easy to be passive and non confrontational when you open carry a belt fed weapon!
    Not a dig. I respect all me friends here. Humor and fun is more of what we all need.

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Be happy to. Some people say that they are pacifists. If you can defend yourself as in maybe be able to kick some ass then if you decide not to fight you can claim that you are a pacifist. If you can't defend your self then you really did not make a choice.
    You said you were passive and non confrontational. It is easy to be if you open carry. Who would mess with you? Then I read the belt fed thing and it was easy to make the joke that you definitely open carry. Easy to be passive and non confrontational when you open carry a belt fed weapon!
    Not a dig. I respect all me friends here. Humor and fun is more of what we all need.
    We sure do. It's hard to come across the way you want in a post sometimes. I'm definitely a smartass but in person my smile tells you I'm teasing. Just tonite, for example, I called the LEO in my martial arts class a "pansy". He's not, he knows he's not, and he knows I'm kidding. Here, if I call you a "pansy" or "candy ass", the best I can do is plant a grin......to let you know I'm busting your b_lls. Doesn't always work but that won't stop me from ragging your sorry butt.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by hopnpop View Post
    Actually I only wish I knew how a belt-fed weapon felt! I just like the saying - I understand the concept. I really am pretty non-confrontational...and yes, I OC! Is there irony in that? Probably depends on your point of view. And there are a lot of cliches and sayings that I like that are pretty aggressive/threatening/violent, but that's only because I've got that sense of humor that has a dark side. Like "I know violence isn't the answer - I got it wrong on purpose." That ***** cracks me up, sorry! Moving right along...
    Nope, you OCing is not ironic at all. It's more of a deterrent than people give it credit for, so it fits the non-confrontational attitude in my book.

I love the phrase by the way, that's good

Well thanks for clarifying and keeping up the friendliness guys. I agree, it's hard to project tone when posting, often times sarcasm isn't taken as such and intentions get mixed up... That's why I ask if it's a dig instead of jumping to the defensive. I'm glad you grasp the concept of being on the passive side and OCing. I figure it this way - being passive and non-confrontational should be all the more reason not to mess with me since it means I'm not messing with you. But passiveness shouldn't be mistaken for weakness, which the OC kinda represents. Granted, I don't openly carry as a symbol, but it does sybolize that concept. I think most would probably just say I'm full of it when I say I'm non-confrontational while wearing a loaded .40. Seems you understand that I don't find confrontation, while at the same time, I'm ready if it finds ME.

Anyway, yeah, topic, flags good, teacher bad....lol
    Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics...

hey hopnpop. Passive while OCing he he I think now I understand what "passive aggressive" might mean!

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    hey hopnpop. Passive while OCing he he I think now I understand what "passive aggressive" might mean!
    Hmm... may be a more accurate description. Something lke a labrabor with a pit-bull back-up....
    Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics...

wolfhunter Guest
    Like the difference between a Rottie and a Chihuahua. The Rottie KNOWS who's going down if he has to fight. The Chihuahua has to make a lot of noise and bluster.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123