The question everyone's whispering about Kagan - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 79

Thread: The question everyone's whispering about Kagan

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    The question is "IF" she is a lesbian. Are all of the laws she judges wrong in God's eyes? Of course not. Personally however, I would not vote for any sexual pervert to represent me for any reason. IMO anyone so mentally disturbed and confused as to their sexual orientation is depraved and of a reprobate mind,and therefor just as confused and depraved in relation to making moral and rational decisions in the best interest of my family or my country.
    The fact is, Rango, what you and the other ultra relgious internet think about MS Kagen does not amount to a hill of beans.
    MS. Kagen will pass the senate, and will put on the black robes.
    Here, check out the dictionary for what pervert means:
    per·vert   /v. pərˈvɜrt; n. ˈpɜrvərt/ Show Spelled[v. per-vurt; n. pur-vert] Show IPA
    –verb (used with object)
    1.to affect with perversion.
    2.to lead astray morally.
    3.to turn away from the right course.
    4.to lead into mental error or false judgment.
    5.to turn to an improper use; misapply.
    6.to misconstrue or misinterpret, esp. deliberately; distort: to pervert someone's statement.
    7.to bring to a less excellent state; vitiate; debase.
    8.Pathology. to change to what is unnatural or abnormal.
    9.to convert or persuade to a religious belief regarded as false or wrong.
    –noun
    10.a person who practices sexual perversion.
    11.Pathology. a person affected with perversion.
    12.a person who has been perverted, esp. to a religious belief regarded as erroneous.

    Most people do not consider lesbians as perverts. You are very isolated in your judgements. Read that part in your book about acceptance.

  2.   
  3. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,892
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    n.

    Most people do not consider lesbians as perverts. You are very isolated in your judgements. Read that part in your book about acceptance.
    Of course most people don't consider lesbians as perverts, neither do they consider homosexual men perverts. We're living in a generation that considers good as evil and evil as good. Yes, I am very isolated in my beliefs,it's all in that book you refer too. You know, where it talks about the wide road leading to hell where many will enter, and the narrow road leading to heaven that the few (isolated) will enter. I don't judge anyone in the rhetorical sense that you so often babble as a mocker(that gets old too),I simply declare what I believe to be true in discerning right from wrong, good from evil, natural and perverted. And, there is nowhere in my book, as you refer to it, that even hints of "accepting" anything sinful. ACCEPTANCE..approval, receive favorably, to agree,to respond to in the affirmative. If you know so much about the book, maybe you can find that part for me? And please don't confuse acceptance with love, that gets really old.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

  4. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Central N.Car.
    Posts
    534
    LOL, I don't mind being called a "whack a do" by some. Kind of sets me apart from the other types. Homophobe--sir, I have no ambition to be a homosexual. W/O being gross, I just have no desire to use my body orifices for anything other than what they are naturally designed for. Fearful of them--doubt it. I have been shot, cut, beat up, and cannot think of anything that frightens me very much other than seeing my country go down the tubes. If you are half as smart as you seem to portray yourself as then you should know that flagrant widespread homosexuality is merely a symptom of moral decay and decadence. Those and a general lack of nationalism precipitate national failure. Queers do not frighten me nor do I fear any latent tendencies--It is what they represent that frightens me. We are more than individuals in this country. We are citizens of each other's republic and communities. And YES, I do not like queers of any variety. Yes, I consider them perverts also and yes, to vote or support one is to agree with their lascivious lifestyle devoid of restraints that should guide our lives.

  5. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    LOL, I don't mind being called a "whack a do" by some. Kind of sets me apart from the other types. Homophobe--sir, I have no ambition to be a homosexual. W/O being gross, I just have no desire to use my body orifices for anything other than what they are naturally designed for. Fearful of them--doubt it. I have been shot, cut, beat up, and cannot think of anything that frightens me very much other than seeing my country go down the tubes. If you are half as smart as you seem to portray yourself as then you should know that flagrant widespread homosexuality is merely a symptom of moral decay and decadence. Those and a general lack of nationalism precipitate national failure. Queers do not frighten me nor do I fear any latent tendencies--It is what they represent that frightens me. We are more than individuals in this country. We are citizens of each other's republic and communities. And YES, I do not like queers of any variety. Yes, I consider them perverts also and yes, to vote or support one is to agree with their lascivious lifestyle devoid of restraints that should guide our lives.
    06 Johnson,
    You are wrong.
    For starters check this out.
    homophobia
    Main Entry: ho·mo·pho·bia
    Pronunciation: \ˌhō-mə-ˈfō-bē-ə\
    Function: noun
    Date: 1969
    : irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

    — ho·mo·pho·bic \-ˈfō-bik\ adjective

  6. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Of course most people don't consider lesbians as perverts, neither do they consider homosexual men perverts. We're living in a generation that considers good as evil and evil as good. Yes, I am very isolated in my beliefs,it's all in that book you refer too. You know, where it talks about the wide road leading to hell where many will enter, and the narrow road leading to heaven that the few (isolated) will enter. I don't judge anyone in the rhetorical sense that you so often babble as a mocker(that gets old too),I simply declare what I believe to be true in discerning right from wrong, good from evil, natural and perverted. And, there is nowhere in my book, as you refer to it, that even hints of "accepting" anything sinful. ACCEPTANCE..approval, receive favorably, to agree,to respond to in the affirmative. If you know so much about the book, maybe you can find that part for me? And please don't confuse acceptance with love, that gets really old.
    Ringo JOHNSON,

    Yes you are very isolated in your beliefs.

    Here are some quotes from your book.

    Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

    By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.
    —1 John 4:7-21

    Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.
    —Romans 12:9-10

    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    —John 13:34-35

    Sometimes the bible has been proven wrong.

    In 1632 the scientist Galileo (who was a man of faith) dared to support the radical 15th-century idea of Copernicus that all planets, including the earth, revolve around the sun. Immediately, Galileo was proclaimed a heretic by the Pope who quoted Scriptures in his attempt to disprove what science was proving.

    Earlier, Protestant heroes had joined in quoting Scriptures condemning Copernicus. These weren't evil men. But they couldn't admit that the Bible was a book about God, not about astronomy -- just as good men and women today have trouble admitting that the Bible is a book about God, not about human sexuality.

    Martin Luther said, "This fool Copernicus wishes to reverse the entire science of astronomy; but sacred Scripture in Joshua 10:13 tells us that Joshua commanded the sun to stand still, and not the earth."

    John Calvin quoted Psalm 93 in his attack on Copernicus. "The earth also is established. It cannot be moved." Calvin added, "Who will venture to place the authority of Copernicus above that of the Holy Spirit?"

    Melancthon, one of Luther's closest allies, used Ecclesiastes 1:4-5 to condemn Copernicus. "The sun also rises, and the sun goes down and hurries to the place from which it came." Then he added these dangerous words: "It is the part of a good mind to accept the truth as revealed by God and to obey it." In other words, believe what the Bible says -- even if science disproves it.

    Because Christians refused to let their understanding of God's Word be informed by science, Copernicus was condemned and Galileo was declared a heretic and placed under house arrest for the remainder of his life. In 1992, 359 years later, Pope John Paul II finally admitted the church had been wrong to ignore science and to interpret the Bible literally.

    The Pope said something we must never forget: "Recent historical studies enable us to state that this sad misunderstanding now belongs to the past." Unfortunately, the apology came too late to relieve Galileo of his suffering. What if the biblical scholars of Galileo's day had said to Galileo, "We don't agree with your Copernican theories, but we love and trust you. As long as you love God and seek God's will in your life, you are welcome here."

    Imagine the suffering that could be avoided if the church could say this to their lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender children: "We don't understand your views about sexual orientation, but we love and trust you. As long as you love God and seek God's will in your life, you are welcome here."

    Instead, well-intentioned Christians are driving their own children away from the church, using Scripture passages that may not even pertain to sexual orientation as we understand it.

  7. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    LOL, I don't mind being called a "whack a do" by some. Kind of sets me apart from the other types. Homophobe--sir, I have no ambition to be a homosexual. W/O being gross, I just have no desire to use my body orifices for anything other than what they are naturally designed for. Fearful of them--doubt it. I have been shot, cut, beat up, and cannot think of anything that frightens me very much other than seeing my country go down the tubes. If you are half as smart as you seem to portray yourself as then you should know that flagrant widespread homosexuality is merely a symptom of moral decay and decadence. Those and a general lack of nationalism precipitate national failure. Queers do not frighten me nor do I fear any latent tendencies--It is what they represent that frightens me. We are more than individuals in this country. We are citizens of each other's republic and communities. And YES, I do not like queers of any variety. Yes, I consider them perverts also and yes, to vote or support one is to agree with their lascivious lifestyle devoid of restraints that should guide our lives.
    You've hit the nail on the head IMO. We cannot, of course, go into graphic detail on this site, but, yes, the physical acts themselves, carried on between homosexuals, tells me all I need to know about how "natural" and "right" homosexuality is. "Perverted" and "disgusting" is more descriptive.

    Having said that, I DON"T CARE what others do in the bedroom; that's between them and the Lord. However, once they see fit to parade down the street or attempt to indoctrinate my kids, then they have my attention. And please, no more Wikpedia definitions of homophobe. I have homosexual friends and they know where I stand. See, we Christians (all hands, prepare for Troll attack!) do, in fact, hate the sin but love the sinner.

    Is a lesbian fit to serve on SCOTUS? Really a moot question, here, as her other qualifications, or lack of them, should preclude this one from being confirmed.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  8. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    You've hit the nail on the head IMO. We cannot, of course, go into graphic detail on this site, but, yes, the physical acts themselves, carried on between homosexuals, tells me all I need to know about how "natural" and "right" homosexuality is. "Perverted" and "disgusting" is more descriptive.

    Having said that, I DON"T CARE what others do in the bedroom; that's between them and the Lord. However, once they see fit to parade down the street or attempt to indoctrinate my kids, then they have my attention. And please, no more Wikpedia definitions of homophobe. I have homosexual friends and they know where I stand. See, we Christians (all hands, prepare for Troll attack!) do, in fact, hate the sin but love the sinner.

    Is a lesbian fit to serve on SCOTUS? Really a moot question, here, as her other qualifications, or lack of them, should preclude this one from being confirmed.
    JJFlashJOHNSON,

    You don't have to worry about homosexual's indoctrinating your children. In the time it takes you to pour a cup of coffee in your kitchen, at least one homosexual baby has been born. "They" have no reason to recruit.

    Flash, you are a level headed christian. You are not blinded.

    Thank you for your input.

  9. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    JJFlashJOHNSON,

    You don't have to worry about homosexual's indoctrinating your children. In the time it takes you to pour a cup of coffee in your kitchen, at least one homosexual baby has been born. "They" have no reason to recruit.

    Flash, you are a level headed christian. You are not blinded.

    Thank you for your input.
    Not sure what you mean by "not blinded" but understand I'm every bit as radical a Christian as anyone who has posted on this site. I take the Biblical injunctions against homosexuality at their face value, as I do all the teachings in Scriptures. And I would NEVER attend a church with homosexual clergy.

    However, I carry such logs in my own eyes that I'm reticent to pluck the spinters from the eyes of others. Once a person knows what Scripture teaches about a particular topic, then they are free to react to it as they please. You want to know what Scripture teaches about homosexuality, there it is. Choose to follow the Word of God or not, your call. Not mine. And I'll still have a cup of coffee with you. Who knows, maybe my example (poor tho that it is) might cause you to "see the Light" at some later time.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  10. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    When enough deviants and perverts gather together and form a section society pushing that ALL their behavior is OK. Then Society will eventually cave on it's established mores and accept it. Now DoD will legitimize this by allowing openly gays to serve. What's next?


    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  11. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    When enough deviants and perverts gather together and form a section society pushing that ALL their behavior is OK. Then Society will eventually cave on it's established mores and accept it. Now DoD will legitimize this by allowing openly gays to serve. What's next?


    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)
    Who are the "deviants, and perverts you refer to manpowJOHNSON?
    Gays have served in the military siince before the revolution. Are they just becoming a "problem" now?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Military question....Is sex work?
    By Vyrone in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 11:00 AM
  2. Concealed Carry question
    By jc4x4tug in forum Florida Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 08:46 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 09:24 AM
  4. Ethical question
    By Danno in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 06:46 PM
  5. A constitutional question
    By ishi in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 05:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast