Mr. Charlie Daniels Speaks

Thread: Mr. Charlie Daniels Speaks

Mr. Charlie Daniels Speaks

This is purportedly from Charlie Daniels. I haven't verified it, but I'd be willing to bet he said it. Charles is a stand-up American. Either way, it says it all for me.

I don't know how everybody else feels about it, but to me I
    think Hispanic people in this country, legally or illegally,
    made a huge public relations mistake with their recent demonstrations.

I don't blame anybody in the world for wanting to come to the
    United States of America , as it is a truly wonderful place.

But when the first thing you do when you set foot on American soil is illegal it is flat out wrong and I don't care how many lala land left heads come out of the woodwork and start trying
    to give me sensitivity lessons.

I don't need sensitivity lessons, in fact I don't have any-thing against Mexicans! I just have something against criminals and anybody who comes into this country illegally is a criminal
    and if you don't believe it try coming into America from a foreign country without a passport and see how far you get. What disturbs me about the demonstrations is that it's tanta-mount to saying, "I am going to come into your country even if it means breaking your laws and there's nothing you can do about it."

It's an "in your face" action and speaking just for me, I don't like it one little bit and if there were a half dozen pairs of gonads in Washington bigger than English peas it wouldn't be happening.

Where are you, you bunch of lily livered, pantywaist, forked tongued, sorry excuses for defenders of The Constitution?
    Have you been drinking the water out of the Potomac again?
    And even if you pass a bill on immigration it will probably be so pork laden and watered down that it won't mean anything anyway Besides, what good is another law going to do when you won't enforce the ones on the books now?

And what ever happened to the polls, guys? I thought you folks were the quintessential finger wetters. Well you sure ain't paying any attention to the polls this time because somewhere around eighty percent of Americans want some thing done about this mess, and mess it is and getting bigger everyday.

This is no longer a problem, it is a dilemma and headed for being a tragedy. Do you honestly think that what happened in France with the Muslims can't happen here when the businesses who hire these people finally run out of jobs and a few million disillusioned Hispanics take to the streets?

If you, Mr. President, Congressmen and Senators, knuckle under on this and refuse to do something meaningful it means that you care nothing for the kind of country your children and grand-children will inherit. But I guess that doesn't matter as long as you get re-elected.
    Shame on you.
    One of the big problems in America today is that if you have the nerve to say anything derogatory about any group of people (except Christians) you are going to be screamed at by the media and called a racist, a bigot and anything else they can think of to call you

Well I've been pounded by the media before and I'm still rockin' and rollin' and when it comes to speaking the truth I fear not.
    And the truth is that the gutless, gonadless, milksop politicians are just about to sell out the United States of America because they don't have the intestinal fortitude to stand up to face reality.

And reality is that we would never allow any other group of people to have 12 million illegal in this country and turn around and say, "Oh it's ok, ya'll can stay here if you'll just allow us to slap your wrist."

And I know that some of you who read this column are saying "Well what's wrong with that?"
    I'll tell you what's wrong with it. These people could be from Mars as far as we know. We don't know who they are, where they are or what they're up to and the way the Congress is going we're not going to.

Does this make sense? Labor force you say? We already subsidize corporate agriculture as it is, must we subsidize their labor as well?
    If these people were from Haiti would we be so fast to turn a blind eye to them or if they were from Somalia or Afghanistan ?
    I think not.

All the media shows us are pictures of hard working Hispanics who have crossed the border just to try to better their life.
    They don't show you pictures of the Feds rounding up members of MS 13, the violent gang who came across the same way the decent folks did. They don't tell you about the living conditions of the Mexican illegal some fat cat hired to pick his crop.

I want to make two predictions.

No. 1: This situation is going to grow and fester until it erupts in violence on our streets while the wimps in Washington drag their toes in the dirt and try to figure how many tons of political hay they can make to the acre.

No 2: Somebody is going to cross that border with some kind of weapon of mass destruction and set it off in a major American city after which there will be a backlash such as this country has never experienced and the Capitol building in Washington will probably tilt as Congressmen and Senators rush to the other side of the issue.

I don't know about you but I would love to see just one major politician stand up and say, "I don't care who I make mad and I don't care how many votes I lose, this is a desperate situation and I'm going to lead the fight to get it straightened out."
    I don't blame anybody for wanting to come to America , but if you don't respect our immigration laws why should you respect any others?
    And by the way, this is America and our flag has stars and stripes Please get that other one out of my face.

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

Charlie Daniels for President!
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

I've met him and spoken with him a few times. I've always liked him, and now I do even more!!

Yep, Charlie wrote that! Mexican Standoff 04/03/06 http://www.charliedaniels.com/soapbo...006-040306.htm

Here are a lot more from his SoapBox site. The Charlie Daniels Band - Soapbox
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Charlie is some of my wife's relatives so I have to be very careful before I pay attention to anything he says. You know how those in-laws are.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Charlie is some of my wife's relatives so I have to be very careful before I pay attention to anything he says. You know how those in-laws are.
    My cousin married a cousin of Charlie's. Geez, FN1910, we're kin!
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Is everyone in the south related?

Perhaps he should run for congress. I am sure he would be better than about 99% of what is already there.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    My cousin married a cousin of Charlie's. Geez, FN1910, we're kin!
    I'm not admitting that.

As for the question about is everyone from the South kin, If you family has been around these parts since Francis Marion was a little boy then we probably are kin. I had to go out of state to find a wife I wasn't kin to and danged if I didn't almost find a link there. Heck I even have Chief Osceola in my family tree and have had relatives investigated by 60 Minutes and 20/20. We talk about everyone and usually it is the truth.

I love the man. I visited his small museum in Nashville TN 2 years back and my wife had to drag me out the door. I watch Urban Cowboy and crank the volume when he comes on!!!

Any proud, non-biased, law abiding, flag waving, country loving, patriotic, US citizen should feel the same way. It's not the noun in the situation that causes the anger it's the adjective ILLEGAL!!!

I had a conversation with a coworker today about this very topic on a bus ride to a convention. His family immigrated from Haiti the right way. They took whatever jobs they could to afford to help him with college. He is a very well spoken individual. We often speak of politics, firearms, child rearing, and religion and he has a well balanced sense of self and what is right and good.

He said "it's an insult to all the citizens who began as immigrants and did it the hard way". Many others I work with who are on work visa's and who are not yet citizens, but want to be more then anything feel the same way. It's insulting...

Peace...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

A man that I work with grew up with Charlie in Wilmington and played drums for him some. He said that Charlie tried to get him to stay on in the band but decided to go on to college and doesn't regret it. But his description of Charlie off the stage is exactly what you would think it is. He said he learned to not ride with Charlie from Wilmington to Jacksonville when Hwy 17 used to be a three land highway.