SCOTUS Pick May Be Good For 2A - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCOTUS Pick May Be Good For 2A

My understanding is that she is a "but" in the same as Obama is, meaning that government A.K.A. "the community" trumps individual rights if they so choose such. All of Obama's statements about the second amandment have this "but" in it.
    This way of thinking that has been growing in our country, which is scary because these folk have been voted into majority power..
    The "Old way" is that the rights in the Bill Of Rights are God-Given and protected FROM the government by the Constitution, whereas folks who fit into the secular progressive category and don't support the "God-Given" philosophy stance, pick the next biggest perception of "God," that being the government to make the call your rights and mine.
    This phoilosophy may not necessarily require a strong belief in God, but it at the very least acknowledges a Creator greater than anything this planet. This concept usually offends, hence all of the intense discussions seen many places, including usacarry!
    Sorry if I am preaching to the choir!

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Obama's new SCOTUS pick may prove to be a benefit to future 2A cases. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Supreme Court nominee finds no fault with Heller decision
    You are joking right? Nothing obama does is good for the average American. He hates people like you and me. He hates people who will take a stand no matter at what cost.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    You are joking right? Nothing obama does is good for the average American. He hates people like you and me. He hates people who will take a stand no matter at what cost.
    Read my second post in this thread. As I said in it, it was to good to be true.

I don't know why anyone would think any Supreme Court nominee put forward by Obama would be pro 2A. Just look at his record when he was in state government in Illinois, he oposed every measure to allow citizens to protect themselves using firearms he possibly could. The only reason he hasn't gone after guns in the Senate or as President is because he is not stupid, he saw the lesson Clinton learned in '93 and knows doing so would threaten other controversial agendas he wants to push, has anyone forgotten the recent health care bill's passage (Obama is hoping you will)?

I understand the guilded naivete with which everyone wants to believe the President will act in the best interest of the nation as a whole and will be benevolent towards it citizens ergo we project characteristics upon him we think he would possess in order to accomplish those objectves. His handlers know this and do everything they can to accentuate the positive and dispell the negative, remember "Hope ad Change you can believe in?" We want to believe that benevolence would extend to his Supreme Court nominees too. If you look at Sotomayor she was, amongst many other things, an effort to appeal to women and Latin voters, two voting blocks that figure hugely to the Dems. Kagan is an appeal to women and the gay/lesbian vote. Why else would someone as shrewd as Obama is nominate someone so obviously under-qualified?
    Heavily medicated for your protection.

If there is any remaining doubt on Kagan's 2A stance check out the following:

Kagan Bad on Guns - HUMAN EVENTS

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    If there is any remaining doubt on Kagan's 2A stance check out the following:

Kagan Bad on Guns - HUMAN EVENTS
    To know that she's bad all you have to do is check who appointed her to the HIGH COURT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12