Obama Regime Uses Predator Drone Against US Citizen - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama Regime Uses Predator Drone Against US Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    How does a citizen revoke his/her US citizenship? Does it have to be formally declared or does moving to a foreign country, or traveling to a foreign country, and delcaring war on the U.S. suffice?

(Actually, I can't remember: didn't this guy move to or train in Yemen or something? Correct me if I"m wrong; all these jihadists tend to look alike, and talk alike, and are starting to "run together" in my mind.)
    Hmmm, IF the guy's citizenship was revoked, then that's a whole different kettle of "smelly" fish.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Hmmm, IF the guy's citizenship was revoked, then that's a whole different kettle of "smelly" fish.
    I don't know that it was, CWM, but again, seems to me that if you train in a terrorist camp and hide out in Yemen, then it dang well ought to be. Just my opinion, of course, others may disagree (ya think? On this site? Nah...)
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    I don't like this at all. I agree 100% this guy needs to be removed from the Earth, and acute lead poisoning isn't a bad way of doing it. I judt don't like the precedent of killing a US citizen without a trial. Maybe if the rules on who gets killed were absolutely clear,

For example, has comitted mass murder, not to be assasinate on US soil, not to be assasinated if there is another alternative such as capture, etc. The assasination order must be public and signed by the President himself, the subject must be given the opportunity to turn himself in for trial, etc.

I really like my right to a trial, and do not want the government to be able to declare me an enemy combatant and just shoot me, or drop a bomb on my house.
    The target wasn't a house on American soil. It was a known terrorist house in a known terrorist safe zone on foreign soil and included more than just him. He knew the danger when he became a traitor and plotted against innocent people in the U.S. I don't really think of terrorists as enemy combatants because that would mean a sovereign government declaring war against us. They are being aided by unfriendly countries though and if Osama Bin Laden is to be considered an enemy combatant and killed without trial, so be it. The same goes for this traitor.

Exclamation CWM hit the nail on the head

This is a slippery slope. Granted this guy is a pile of human scat. Granted he supports terrorists.
    Here is the slope. He is/was an American Citizen. He should have a trial before execution unless he is killed as n armed combatant on a battle field, gun in hand, and yelling jihad.

This allows the Obama Regime to "progressively" start removing "terrorist" threats and slowly move to dissenters as a threat...That's when the first ammendment dies and we did nothing to stop it.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by conservative wife & mom View Post
    +1 ... This is a slippery slope, as the government can label anyone a "terrorist" and the list is growing. How is it that an american "terrorist" can be hunted down and killed without a trial but enemy combatants are given miranda rights under our constitution? Insanity rules!
    +10000

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    This is a slippery slope. Granted this guy is a pile of human scat. Granted he supports terrorists.
    Here is the slope. He is/was an American Citizen. He should have a trial before execution unless he is killed as n armed combatant on a battle field, gun in hand, and yelling jihad.

This allows the Obama Regime to "progressively" start removing "terrorist" threats and slowly move to dissenters as a threat...That's when the first ammendment dies and we did nothing to stop it.
    5 in the X ring with this post.

It is a slippery slope. </echo> But in this case, that slope is on a hillside in a Middle East country, not American soil. If al-Awlaki wants to avoid a bomb up his bum courtesy of a Predator drone, he can sneak his ass back into the country and turn himself in. As long as you are A) in a foreign country and B) waging war upon the territory and peoples of the United States of America, you're fair game, as far as I'm concerned, citizenship be damned.

There's an outstanding question of when does the government have the authority to rescind an American Citizen's citizenship. The answer is, when the citizenship was obtained through naturalization and obtained fraudulently. Other than that, there's no legal mechanism for stripping an American Citizen of his citizenship.

Al-Awlaki is a natural born American. Hell, there's more documentation proving him eligible to be the President than there is on Obama himself. For Al-Awlaki to cease to be a legal American Citizen, he would have to explicitly... file paperwork to that effect. Hey, it's a bureaucracy. SCOTUS has opined several times that the only way for a legitimate American citizen to be divested of their citizenship is for them to do it in an unmistakable and unequivocal way, in triplicate. Taking foreign citizenship used to do it, not anymore. Being convicted of treason used to do it, not anymore.

Think of it this way, if the government (god forbid) were to declare war on Right-Wing Americans and start the confiscations and roundups FEMA camps and what not, if a band of American patriots were to organize and fight back against the federal troops (who obeyed the unconstitutional orders), I think we would all agree that they would be declared terrorists, and rightfully so. (cue V for Vendetta quote here.)

Would those American patriots fighting back against the American government on American soil automaticly lose their citizenship just because they have set themselves against the sitting American government? Should they?
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Predator? Screw that. Depending on where they find him, I'd go along with a full-on B1 strike, couple of JDAMs and SDBs just to saturate the area and clear out as many associates and as much of their equipment as possible.

Kind of a waste of money just to kill some dirtbags, but it sure would make a statement.

A "combatant" isn't always armed. uhhhhh, jane fonda comes to mind..... where were those predators, when we needed them ?
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12