About this U.N. small arms treaty
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: About this U.N. small arms treaty

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088

    About this U.N. small arms treaty

    If it was a simple thing as keeping weapons out of the hands of terrorist supported country's don't you think that the treaty would have been agreed to by all country's by now?

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    If it was a simple thing as keeping weapons out of the hands of terrorist supported country's don't you think that the treaty would have been agreed to by all country's by now?
    Ain't gonna happen, at least not here and yes I agree.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Ain't gonna happen, at least not here and yes I agree.

    It had been said obama care was dead in the water. Stupac said he and some other democrats would not vote for the bill, but now we have a health care law.

  5. #4
    There are a lot of things many of us thought would never happen 40-50 years ago that have happened just in the last few years. At one time our constitution meant something but the bureaucrats have all but nullified it as they have chipped away at our freedom.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by hk4u View Post
    there are a lot of things many of us thought would never happen 40-50 years ago that have happened just in the last few years. At one time our constitution meant something but the bureaucrats have all but nullified it as they have chipped away at our freedom.
    amen

  7. #6
    Again what has to be remembered here is that SCOTUS has made several decisions stating no international treaty could be made that would limit or remove Constitutionally protected rights on American soil. Another thing to remember is that the treaty must be ratified by a 2/3 vote of the Senate. Even now the chance of that is slim to none.
    Last edited by ronwill; 05-15-2010 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Grammer/ Wording

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Again what has to be remembered here is that SCOTUS has made several decisions stating no international treaty could be made that would limit or remove Constitutionally protected rights on American soil. Another thing to remember is that the treaty must be ratified by a 2/3 vote of the Senate. Even now the chance of that is slim to none.
    What you say is true. How many here are ready to stop paying attention knowing what you say is true. It then becomes "it'll never happen" and "of course we trust our government to follow and uphold the constitution."
    Seems our constitution is always under attack with someone trying to circumvent it! Nah, can't happen here...right? Right?Right???

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    What you say is true. How many here are ready to stop paying attention knowing what you say is true. It then becomes "it'll never happen" and "of course we trust our government to follow and uphold the constitution."
    Seems our constitution is always under attack with someone trying to circumvent it! Nah, can't happen here...right? Right?Right???
    Never said it couldn't happen, just that a front line attack such as an international treaty is not likely. I believe the attack will be more subtle. Just read the headlines and all those bad guns being used to hurt people. Don't you think something has to be done to stop the violence? Don't you care about the innocent victims being killed by those bad guns? This is the type of brainwashing we need to be very aware of.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Never said it couldn't happen, just that a front line attack such as an international treaty is not likely. I believe the attack will be more subtle. Just read the headlines and all those bad guns being used to hurt people. Don't you think something has to be done to stop the violence? Don't you care about the innocent victims being killed by those bad guns? This is the type of brainwashing we need to very aware of.
    Ron I had no disagreement with you or my point was not directed at you. Your analysis is good. My point is that no matter what, this treaty could just be another hammer and chisel at work. There will be more direct means and maybe more effective means coming to control us but in the mean time this can be used to chip away until then.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Ron I had no disagreement with you or my point was not directed at you. Your analysis is good. My point is that no matter what, this treaty could just be another hammer and chisel at work. There will be more direct means and maybe more effective means coming to control us but in the mean time this can be used to chip away until then.
    No worries, I just enjoy the conversation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sample Letter for Senators Regarding UN Small Arms Treaty of 2012
    By Tea For One in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 08:12 PM
  2. Firearms Refresher
    By Retired Grunt in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 05:27 PM
  3. U.S./H. Clinton Agree to Timetable for U.N. Gun Ban?
    By Tea For One in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 10:28 PM
  4. Obama/ Clinton Agree To U.N. International Small Arms Ban
    By ronwill in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 07:43 AM
  5. Boxer Seeks to Ratify U.N. Treaty
    By HK4U in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 01:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast