About this U.N. small arms treaty
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: About this U.N. small arms treaty

About this U.N. small arms treaty

If it was a simple thing as keeping weapons out of the hands of terrorist supported country's don't you think that the treaty would have been agreed to by all country's by now?

Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    If it was a simple thing as keeping weapons out of the hands of terrorist supported country's don't you think that the treaty would have been agreed to by all country's by now?
    Ain't gonna happen, at least not here and yes I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Ain't gonna happen, at least not here and yes I agree.

It had been said obama care was dead in the water. Stupac said he and some other democrats would not vote for the bill, but now we have a health care law.

There are a lot of things many of us thought would never happen 40-50 years ago that have happened just in the last few years. At one time our constitution meant something but the bureaucrats have all but nullified it as they have chipped away at our freedom.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by hk4u View Post
    there are a lot of things many of us thought would never happen 40-50 years ago that have happened just in the last few years. At one time our constitution meant something but the bureaucrats have all but nullified it as they have chipped away at our freedom.
    amen

Again what has to be remembered here is that SCOTUS has made several decisions stating no international treaty could be made that would limit or remove Constitutionally protected rights on American soil. Another thing to remember is that the treaty must be ratified by a 2/3 vote of the Senate. Even now the chance of that is slim to none.
    Last edited by ronwill; 05-15-2010 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Grammer/ Wording

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Again what has to be remembered here is that SCOTUS has made several decisions stating no international treaty could be made that would limit or remove Constitutionally protected rights on American soil. Another thing to remember is that the treaty must be ratified by a 2/3 vote of the Senate. Even now the chance of that is slim to none.
    What you say is true. How many here are ready to stop paying attention knowing what you say is true. It then becomes "it'll never happen" and "of course we trust our government to follow and uphold the constitution."
    Seems our constitution is always under attack with someone trying to circumvent it! Nah, can't happen here...right? Right?Right???

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    What you say is true. How many here are ready to stop paying attention knowing what you say is true. It then becomes "it'll never happen" and "of course we trust our government to follow and uphold the constitution."
    Seems our constitution is always under attack with someone trying to circumvent it! Nah, can't happen here...right? Right?Right???
    Never said it couldn't happen, just that a front line attack such as an international treaty is not likely. I believe the attack will be more subtle. Just read the headlines and all those bad guns being used to hurt people. Don't you think something has to be done to stop the violence? Don't you care about the innocent victims being killed by those bad guns? This is the type of brainwashing we need to be very aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Never said it couldn't happen, just that a front line attack such as an international treaty is not likely. I believe the attack will be more subtle. Just read the headlines and all those bad guns being used to hurt people. Don't you think something has to be done to stop the violence? Don't you care about the innocent victims being killed by those bad guns? This is the type of brainwashing we need to very aware of.
    Ron I had no disagreement with you or my point was not directed at you. Your analysis is good. My point is that no matter what, this treaty could just be another hammer and chisel at work. There will be more direct means and maybe more effective means coming to control us but in the mean time this can be used to chip away until then.

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Ron I had no disagreement with you or my point was not directed at you. Your analysis is good. My point is that no matter what, this treaty could just be another hammer and chisel at work. There will be more direct means and maybe more effective means coming to control us but in the mean time this can be used to chip away until then.
    No worries, I just enjoy the conversation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast