Peace Builder "Pledge"

Thread: Peace Builder "Pledge"

Peace Builder "Pledge"

Okay...another reason why we are homeschooling the kids begining in August. I just learned the other day that they start their day off with a "Peace Builder Pledge"??? and then The Pledge of Alliegance.

I am a PeaceBuilder.

I pledge. . .
    *To praise people
    *To give up put downs
    *To seek wise people
    *To notice and speak up about
    hurts I have caused
    *To right wrongs
    *To help others

I will build peace at home, at school,
    and in my community each day.

I don't have a problem with the message so much...but my kids didn't really understand it, because nobody took the time to explain the message...they just have them say this peace pledge like a bunch of robots. So, I have taken the time to explain why the school may have implmented it. My boys already know about respect for elders, classmates, parents, and themselves.....and not to bully others, to step up and help a fellow person in need of help, even when it might not be the "cool" thing to do and to report if they are victims of bullying, etc. It would have been nice if the school had notified us of this ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    Okay...another reason why we are homeschooling the kids begining in August. I just learned the other day that they start their day off with a "Peace Builder Pledge"??? and then The Pledge of Alliegance.

I am a PeaceBuilder.

I pledge. . .
    *To praise people
    *To give up put downs
    *To seek wise people
    *To notice and speak up about
    hurts I have caused
    *To right wrongs
    *To help others

I will build peace at home, at school,
    and in my community each day.

I don't have a problem with the message so much...but my kids didn't really understand it, because nobody took the time to explain the message...they just have them say this peace pledge like a bunch of robots. So, I have taken the time to explain why the school may have implmented it. My boys already know about respect for elders, classmates, parents, and themselves.....and not to bully others, to step up and help a fellow person in need of help, even when it might not be the "cool" thing to do and to report if they are victims of bullying, etc. It would have been nice if the school had notified us of this ahead of time.
    Well if there is a plus side at least they were not pledging allegiance to Obama or signing his praises. I agree however that homeschooling is the way to go.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Yeah, if you homeschool it adds to your street cred as a Certified Domestic Terrorist.
    Curt Lovelace
    Bible believing, gun toting pastor
    Acton, Maine

It seems harmless enough, but it would have been nice if they had sent a copy of the pledge home for parental review prior to requiring it be said in class each day.

I want to know what my child is being taught when it comes to concepts other than reading & writing, math, science etc.... If they begin to try to teach my child about things that I have strong beliefs in or against, I will be the first one to condone it or stop it. Teach them the basic skills and then advance them in the skills. Keep religion, sexual orientation and political views out of it.

That's a job for parents or caregivers.

My 2 pennies presented for public rebuke and ridicule as always here at USACarry..

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..