Something I have been thinking about test before you can vote - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something I have been thinking about test before you can vote

IQ test and have to know something about the Constitution.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I still like the tax payers idea, for federal elections you must pay some form of federal income tax. As for states let each one do what they want. If for example CA wants to be a freeloader state and let anyone who can fog a mirror(or not) vote then they would flock to the state like flies on [email protected]!%. So if your like me and you don't like working hard and paying for someone else to get money for nothing, you can move to a state that is not a social state. As for the ones who keep talking about the good old boy system, if you want a vote you would voice your opinion loud enought to get the tax paying amount low enough for your vote to count. Who would not listen to someone begging to pay into the system?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Wonderful idea! Pure genius! Why didn't the Founders do this?

MAYBE it was because THEY realized the potential to end up with a "Good Ole Boys" group of property owners who set the price to buy-in to "their party" so high while paying wages so low, that the non-property owners become basically Serfs. To see this demonstrated simply look at the Hudson Bay Co. of the 1600s and 1700s or the Mining and Railroad industries in the late 1800s - early 1900s. As Tennessee Ernie Ford sang, "I owe my soul to the Company Store."
    No, that wasn't the reason. The situation you describe is what is going on today, and always has. Money controls things if folks don't get active and do something about it. We gripe about things, but don't put our gripes into action.

The REAL problem in our country today with politics, and the general mess this country is in, in my opinion, is due to two issues: 1. Stupidity/Ignorance Due to lazy, under-educated, (some non-working folks) people. They actually aren't smart enough to vote.

2. Folks that are smart enough, and have something to protect, THAT WILL NOT GET ACTIVE. This group aggravates me more than the former group, because these folks are smart enough to know why they should get involved.

In most Federal elections, there is only about a 20+ % turnout. That means that 80% don't give a rat's patoot what happens. These two reasons we have a lot of crazy decisions made in this country, and we have a non-sustainable Federal Deficit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12