Woody Allen says President Obama should be granted dictatorial powers (seriously) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woody Allen says President Obama should be granted dictatorial powers (seriously)

I'd be in favor of a dictator to get us through our current crisis -- if we could find a true Cincinattus. Unfortunately, it appears today men of that character aren't available.

One of the greatest virtues demonstrated by George Washington is his refusal of dictatorial powers; it would appear the current occupant of Mr. Washington's office would not only love to be a dictator -- he would model his rule on his own heroes, men like Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, et al.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    I'd be in favor of a dictator to get us through our current crisis -- if we could find a true Cincinattus. Unfortunately, it appears today men of that character aren't available.

One of the greatest virtues demonstrated by George Washington is his refusal of dictatorial powers; it would appear the current occupant of Mr. Washington's office would not only love to be a dictator -- he would model his rule on his own heroes, men like Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, et al.
    COLD, HARD, TRUTH....

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

I just do not understand how anybody can find Woody Allen, or his movies, entertaining. He looks creepy and he IS creepy. I personally can not stand him or any of his "artistic?" endeavors. Woody Allen's fans must be the same ones who voted for B. O. -- they gravitate toward mindless entertainment.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    I just do not understand how anybody can find Woody Allen, or his movies, entertaining. He looks creepy and he IS creepy. I personally can not stand him or any of his "artistic?" endeavors. Woody Allen's fans must be the same ones who voted for B. O. -- they gravitate toward mindless entertainment.
    I agree. I never found him to be very funny. Now Peter Sellers in the old Pink Panther movies, Those were funny but old Woody no.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I agree. I never found him to be very funny. Now Peter Sellers in the old Pink Panther movies, Those were funny but old Woody no.
    I think I cried when Peter Sellers died. I recall laughing so hard watching those movies.. "A Shot in the Dark"

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

"Allen has lost conection with realality.."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX B N M

Please provide the name of one in Hollywood, or in music,except for Country, that hasn't lost touch with reality..if they ever had it from the start.

JSDinTexas Guest
    +1 The world could do without Wierdy Allen and most of the rest of the west coast Kalifornia Kommies.

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    "Allen has lost conection with realality.."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX B N M

Please provide the name of one in Hollywood, or in music,except for Country, that hasn't lost touch with reality..if they ever had it from the start.
    Tom Selleck and Bruce Willis, to name a couple, and Ted Nugent from the musical side.

oh yeah, and country music nowadays blows chunks.

I don't understand why we can't accept the political advice of Woody Allen. He is, after all, an actor and a pervert. These are perfect qualifications for political experts - and office holders.
    Curt Lovelace
    Bible believing, gun toting pastor
    Acton, Maine

I have a sudden urge to throw up everything I've ever eaten...
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast