new holiday

Thread: new holiday

new holiday

Ok,I have an idea.I want to know what you think about it.I have an idea for a new holiday.There is already a "celebrate your rights" day.I believe it is relatively recently made,too,because I hadn't heard of it until last year.On this holiday,Jesse Jackson and others stated,we are supposed to celebrate our rights and think about what they mean to us...every right except one.Mr. Jackson used this day to excersise his right of free speech to bash our right to keep and bear arms and suggested that everybody else do the same.Saying what pretty much all liberals say,that guns are evil,they are the cause of crime,blah blah.That's bullcrap.A right is a right,whether or not one or two people think you shouldn't have it.So,I propose Second Ammendment Day.We will use this day to celebrate the one right that secures all of the others.We can use this occasion to educate the ignorant about what the
    2nd. Amndt. REALLY means,bring more people over to our side by letting them handle,and get familiar with firearms,and have a good time.There can be small informal classes,shooting competitions,and,of course,food.We can have it on a weekend,at a time of year when the weather is typically good,like the fourth weekend in May,as an example.That way it will always be at the same time of year,and always on the weekend.Let me know what you think,and be sure to tell other people you know who appreciate the 2nd. Amndt. and get their input.

I am going to do this.I just want to know how many will stand with me and help the cause.

R
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

I'm in. I don't know how the hell I'm going to get to Texas, but count me in!

Recommendation: Combine it with a Bike Event and make it for charity. You'll get a much larger turnout. Bikers, generally, are the single largest Charity-contributing group in the country.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Great idea!
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

i'm impressed, that's really a neat idea
    " GRIZ "
    CCW
    NRA LIFE
    GOA
    Katie Couric, while interviewing a Marine sniper, asked:

'What do you feel when you shoot a Terrorist?'

The Marine shrugged and replied,

'A slight recoil.'

Danny P. (Dan) Creed

Sounds good to me!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Count me in too! :)

Works for me.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

2A Day! It's a beautiful concept! Maybe we could petition the new President to make it one of the first things he addresses.

The traditional Holiday fare could be The Doughnut, reminiscent and symbolic of the Dreaded Hollow-Point Cartridge. We could all splash a little Hoppes #9 behind our ears.

All kidding aside, I DO think it'a a good idea and should be pursued.
    Last edited by Ektarr; 01-25-2008 at 02:56 PM.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Thanks guys and gals!
    I'm glad I had a good ieda.It seems that I have my moments. :p
    Ektarr,do you mean motorcycles or bicycles?
    And,um...you don't need to come to Texas.I mean,you are more than welcome to come and play at my house,but the idea is to do it all over the country.
    Again,thanks everybody.Let's tell all of our friends and relatives and make it happen.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.