Arizona responds to LA boycott - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona responds to LA boycott

mojo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    We live in an era where the FEDS continue to grab more and more power through various crises, many of which they have orchestrated. My main point is to not fall into the traps of over reacting which would give the FEDS an excuse to come in and manage the situation. They would like that more than anything. Obviously, one state shutting off power or water to another state and placing those residents in jeopardy would be one such situation that I could easily imagine being an excuse for the FEDS to take over the water and power authority from AZ and nationalize it.

If they can nationalize GM for purely economic factors, throw in economic and possible harm to those without power and water and what do you think the response will be by the FEDS? Arizona needs to be very careful on how they answer the boycott issues. We need to not fall into the planned response that they want us to. Other states and their residents need to stand up for AZ. It is not really the battle that we need to look at, it is beyond this to the point of what will the counter attack against AZ state sovereignty be.
    Agreed.......I will add this though. I do not beleive that we can base our reactions on fear; the fear of what the government might/will do. That is, IMO, exactly the response this admin wants..us, Americans, to be afraid to act/react due to fear of them. That is exactly what history tells us we should not do; be afraid. I beleive this administrations plans are to takeover the power, water, utilities period and nationalize them regardless of how we may react. The oil spill in the gulf is exactly what they want and they will use it to justify the goverment taking more/all controll. So, to my point, it is going to happen anyway no matter if as you say we over-react and I think we should make them think long and hard about doing it before they beleive there will be no repercussions from the people because of fear.
    I get you points though trust me!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Ruger 327 View Post
    If LA actually does boycott Arizona, then prisoners should be sent back, water supplies reduced and electricity reduced - say 5% a week until the boycott is discontinued.
    They will have to give notice for LA to find alternative sources which of course do not exist. It AZ goes financial on them, the FEDs will step in. I just don't see that AZ will be allowed by the FEDS to do anything at all back without the threat of a Federal takeover. I am hopeful that is not true, but AZ needs to be very careful and measured in how they respond. Remember, the nut cases in Washington DC are looking for any excuse to grab more power.

What is the most appropriate response, don't know yet. However, the rest of the states that support AZ could ease the entire boycott issue by rescheduling all of their conferences in AZ as well as business contracts. There is much more buying power in the people that support AZ than in the libs here in LA. I believe a measured response by AZ supported by the states and companies sympathetic to their stand is the best way to go about this.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Agreed.......I will add this though. I do not beleive that we can base our reactions on fear; the fear of what the government might/will do. That is, IMO, exactly the response this admin wants..us, Americans, to be afraid to act/react due to fear of them. That is exactly what history tells us we should not do; be afraid. I beleive this administrations plans are to takeover the power, water, utilities period and nationalize them regardless of how we may react. The oil spill in the gulf is exactly what they want and they will use it to justify the goverment taking more/all controll. So, to my point, it is going to happen anyway no matter if as you say we over-react and I think we should make them think long and hard about doing it before they beleive there will be no repercussions from the people because of fear.
    I get you points though trust me!
    +1.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Having actually read the letter the AZ utilities commissioner sent to the Mayor of L.A., I didn't read any form of overt threat in it as everyone in here and even the lame-stream-media seem to have read into it.

What I read was a raising of an issue by the commissioner for the mayor's consideration. After which, there was an invitation extended by the commissioner to the mayor. The invitation can be summed up as follows, A) have the courage of your convictions and hike the power and water costs for all Angelinos by extending your boycott to water and power sent to LA from AZ sources, or B) show yourself to be the hypocrite you are.

There. That's it. Nothing more. No threats that would even raise the question of federal involvement. "If you, Mr. Villaragosa really want to boycott all AZ business, then I'm game. Come to the table and let's renegotiate our power and water arrangements so as the AZ utilities commission can support you in not obtaining any benefits from AZ sources."

Renegotiations != unilateral cutting off.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Except that the kalifornicators own several of the power plants involved.

I am sure that swing the balance in favor of the kalifornicators.

-Doc

7. Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    Having actually read the letter the AZ utilities commissioner sent to the Mayor of L.A., I didn't read any form of overt threat in it as everyone in here and even the lame-stream-media seem to have read into it.

What I read was a raising of an issue by the commissioner for the mayor's consideration. After which, there was an invitation extended by the commissioner to the mayor. The invitation can be summed up as follows, A) have the courage of your convictions and hike the power and water costs for all Angelinos by extending your boycott to water and power sent to LA from AZ sources, or B) show yourself to be the hypocrite you are.

There. That's it. Nothing more. No threats that would even raise the question of federal involvement. "If you, Mr. Villaragosa really want to boycott all AZ business, then I'm game. Come to the table and let's renegotiate our power and water arrangements so as the AZ utilities commission can support you in not obtaining any benefits from AZ sources."

Renegotiations != unilateral cutting off.
    You must not have read that the FEDS already have authority over water and power in the region and you must have already forgotten but of course read that AZ and CA already went to war in 1934 over the same issues. Yup, ignore list here you come.

no wonder their nuts in mexifornia their drinking arizona's piss.

If Mr President had any balls he would invoke the interstate commerce clause and stop all these boycotts. The states that are trying to punish Arizona are definitely attempting to disrupt interstate commerce, which the constitution says the Fed has the powere to regulate. How could he do this? Same way the Fed always does - threaten to take away Federal transportation funds from any state participating in the boycott. Probelm is Mr O is on the other side and he and his cronies have not even read the legislation.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    If Mr President had any balls he would invoke the interstate commerce clause and stop all these boycotts. The states that are trying to punish Arizona are definitely attempting to disrupt interstate commerce, which the constitution says the Fed has the powere to regulate. How could he do this? Same way the Fed always does - threaten to take away Federal transportation funds from any state participating in the boycott. Probelm is Mr O is on the other side and he and his cronies have not even read the legislation.
    Exactly. The Feds only use their "big stick" when it fits their agenda.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

AVID>>> Great analysis and solution! Unfortunately you are correct about B.Hussein O'Bama

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast