Senate Candidate Falsely States He Served in Vietnam - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Senate Candidate Falsely States He Served in Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    YouTube - Johnny Wright - Hello Vietnam (Full Metal Jacket)

Ah, what is a little white lie? He is a politician.

There are people here claiming to be former law enforcement officers. Retired E-9 Marines, combat medics and such.
    The world is full of liars.

My hat is off to all who served during that time. In country and out.
    Unless you can prove that, Iceman, I don't think the accusation is justifed.

And my hat only goes off to those who honorably served and to those who TELL THE TRUTH about their service. But that's just me.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    misspoken words? Is that what they call it these cays. I thought it was selective memory.
    I don't think so... my wife says I have selective memory, and I think I can prove it..... I'll have to ask her......
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Unless you can prove that, Iceman, I don't think the accusation is justifed.

And my hat only goes off to those who honorably served and to those who TELL THE TRUTH about their service. But that's just me.
    I didn't name any names. I wonder why you are offended? I must be on to something.
    So what you are saying, everyone here is telling the truth?
    On the internet?

JJ it is probably best to put trolls on your ignore list. I put this particular one on a couple of weeks ago since the majority of his posts are engineered to incite and belittle other members. For example, although he states truth in acknowledging that there are many liars in the world, he feels the need to inject the following sentence sentence;

"There are people here claiming to be former law enforcement officers. Retired E-9 Marines, combat medics and such".

Why?? He threw this in to "bait" members into responding... In his mind, the responses are going to be from the folks who he believes to be dishonest about their prior service record. He has little or no evidence to back up his claims of dishonesty. He is merely speculating for the sake of argument. This will not only infuriate the dishonest, but "OFFEND" the TRUTHFUL as well. He knows what he is doing and if he gets enough responses, it will be mission accomplished for him. The best way to defeat his type is to ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    JJ it is probably best to put trolls on your ignore list. I put this particular one on a couple of weeks ago since the majority of his posts are engineered to incite and belittle other members. For example, although he states truth in acknowledging that there are many liars in the world, he feels the need to inject the following sentence sentence;

"There are people here claiming to be former law enforcement officers. Retired E-9 Marines, combat medics and such".

Why?? He threw this in to "bait" members into responding... In his mind, the responses are going to be from the folks who he believes to be dishonest about their prior service record. He has little or no evidence to back up his claims of dishonesty. He is merely speculating for the sake of argument. This will not only infuriate the dishonest, but "OFFEND" the TRUTHFUL as well. He knows what he is doing and if he gets enough responses, it will be mission accomplished for him. The best way to defeat his type is to ignore!
    +1. Just put him on ignore. He is not worth getting all upset over.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Hey Y'all: What really is sad is that he has really convinced himself that he just misspoke. Either that or he really believes that people in Conn. are that stupid--which is probably true---look at the crook he is trying to replace.

I'm another who served during the early Vietnam era, 1962-1966. I never refer to myself as a Vietnam vet. Cold War vet I can accept. I've never understood accepting honors or distinctions not earned.
    Curt Lovelace
    Bible believing, gun toting pastor
    Acton, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post

I don't like putting folks on "Ignore" since I'm willing to listen to and debate just about anyone. But, you're right, if the intention is to "incite", then it surely is a waste of my time to respond. Advice from you and HK is well-taken.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by MissAnnThrope View Post
    Never heard that term before. I've heard of stolen valor, though...isn't this the same thing? Or no?
    Yeah, same thing. Or maybe I "Mis-typed" when I posted it. Oh, well...

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Yeah, that always worked when I was a kid: "No, Dad, I didn't lie about it, I merely mispoke". Yeah, right.
    Maybe there should be a movement to recall some of these Bastids...tell 'em we're SO sorry, be we "Mis-voted".
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    I didn't name any names. I wonder why you are offended? I must be on to something.
    So what you are saying, everyone here is telling the truth?
    On the internet?
    You're still the same old Troll, Iceman, still plying the same old trade. (Curiously, I see there for a while you even signed your posts as a "troll", but stopped. What happened...a little too close to the truth?)

You provide a perfect example for the Ektarrian maxim: "People judge other people by themselves." Again.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast