Examiner

What does that mean?
    Economy in Crisis

Yale Law Conference Invitation

Huffington Post

Book Advertisement

Book Advertisement

Standing Up Now . . .
    It is clear that the following or adoption of these principles of the progressive movement of necessity must seek to destroy or strike at the very foundation and intent of the constitution as the Founding Fathers intended it; namely a believe [sic] in a Supreme Being and a set of universal moral standards of right and wrong.
    =======================

There's much more, of course, but I'm sure you know how to do your own searches. In consideration of what I perceive as your particular bent I have avoided resources such as Fox News and Glen Beck, for example, despite their having very solid documentation in support of these matters.

Your turn...

NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    As a gun owner and supporter of the 2nd Amendment - which I can only assume you are by dint of your being here, and support for which is the reason this site exists - don't you feel at least a little conflicted and confused by this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Cooper View Post
    I do own guns. In fact, I own many of them.

What exactly you mean by "supporter of the 2ed Amendment." Are you talking about the actual worlds of the Amendment, which are ridiculously ambiguous; or a particular interpretation of those words, of which there are several, if not many, that are reasonable constructions?

Are you talking about my opinion of a particular judicial opinion on the meaning of the Amendment?
    I am speaking of the actual words of the 2nd Amendment. As ambiguous as they may seem to you today, their structure and meaning was direct and clear when written. Words change with time, I'm sure you'll agree. Take for example the word "Gay". Similarly "Decimate", in it's original meaning, meant "to kill one in ten". I'm sure you'll agree that THAT meaning has changed over time. There are any number of scholarly treatises on the subject...some of the can be found Here and Here.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Cooper View Post
    It was more like 1870 to 1940.

Since when is corruption and undue influence of government an American value. Since when is excluding more people from the political process an American value?

The American Progress Movement was a great success. It's specific goals included:

The desire to remove corruption and undue influence from government through the taming of bosses and political machines;

The effort to include more people more directly in the political process;

The conviction that government must play a role to solve social problems and establish fairness in economic matters.

All of those goals were achieved.
    Sorry, the government has no role to play in social problems. The Founding Fathers recognized this and refused to address slavery when drafting the Constitution, despite their other communications that show their dislike of the practice.

Establishing fairness in economic matters means taking from me to give to the shiftless that won't work. I can't picture any of the Founders turning their possessions over to a government to hand out as IT sees fit.

As was said already, these are Marxist views.

5. Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Sorry, the government has no role to play in social problems. The Founding Fathers recognized this and refused to address slavery when drafting the Constitution, despite their other communications that show their dislike of the practice.

Establishing fairness in economic matters means taking from me to give to the shiftless that won't work. I can't picture any of the Founders turning their possessions over to a government to hand out as IT sees fit.

As was said already, these are Marxist views.
    What people fail to understand is that the Church already provided an entire social network of charity. Go to the east coast and look at all of the major hospitals that were started through Christian charity. The government has done a good job brainwashing people to think that the government is our source of charity when it was from the beginning of our nation through Christian charity. This is also true of our major universities as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    ...when it was from the beginning of our nation through Christian charity.
    Well, you know what they say: You gotta spend money to make money.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Well, you know what they say: You gotta spend money to make money.
    You got it wrong once again, it was individuals giving to their fellow man my friend in their greatest need through compassion and through the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Any idea what the dollar figures the HMOs running those hospitals today amounts to in profit for their corporations?

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Any idea what the dollar figures the HMOs running those hospitals today amounts to in profit for their corporations?
    I like it. He's talking about who handled charity before the government decided to start redistributing people's possessions while you are talking about where the hospitals ended up after government interference and regulation pushed them into big business.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    I like it. He's talking about who handled charity before the government decided to start redistributing people's possessions while you are talking about where the hospitals ended up after government interference and regulation pushed them into big business.
    You were not expecting an intelligent answer were you?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    ...talking about where the hospitals ended up after government interference and regulation pushed them into big business.
    So, do you just make this stuff up, or what? Read that somewhere maybe?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast