Progressives Attempt to Make Church and State One and the Same - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 96

Thread: Progressives Attempt to Make Church and State One and the Same

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Twin Falls, Idaho
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Cooper View Post
    The fact that you had to delete 24 of the 28 words in the Amendment to make it simple to understand would seem to bolster the argument that it's ambiguous.
    YES, I tried to make it simple. The first part of the 2A is simply a statement. The last sentence says what the Government CAN'T do. In fact none of the Bill of Rights gives us a right to do anything. Rights are absolute. The entire Bill of Rights tells us what the Government can't do.
    Good Luck!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com

  2.   
  3. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by astute View Post
    YES, I tried to make it simple. The first part of the 2A is simply a statement. The last sentence says what the Government CAN'T do. In fact none of the Bill of Rights gives us a right to do anything. Rights are absolute. The entire Bill of Rights tells us what the Government what it can't do.
    Never try to reason with the brain dead!


  4. #63
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm a Socialist and I live in Dallas County, Texas. Go Cowboys.
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by astute View Post
    YES, I tried to make it simple.
    The first thing you should probably do is use the rules of construction existent at the time the Constitution was made.

    The first part of the 2A is simply a statement.
    What rule are you using and why?

    The last sentence says what the Government CAN'T do.
    What's rule are you using and why?

    In fact none of the Bill of Rights gives us a right to do anything. Rights are absolute. The entire Bill of Rights tells us what the Government what it can't do.
    The object of the Amendments is stated in the preamble to the Amendments.

    The Bill of Rights (including the Preamble to the Bill of Rights)

  5. #64
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm a Socialist and I live in Dallas County, Texas. Go Cowboys.
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska444 View Post
    Let us know how you feel about the folks in office now when they have taken yours and redistributed it to people like me. I will thank you for your sacrifice.
    I'll probably have the same good feeling I had when President Reagan signed bills that expanded income redistribution.

  6. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Иєш Лєяжşєşŧăŋ
    Posts
    1,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    I would strongly recommend you do that, Ektar. You would certainly be much more comfortable exchanging the same tired old outdated ideas with people who only think and act exactly as you do.

    There are some white supremacist groups with a few openings lately, might start there...
    I see you've decided to make my contention with another member of this forum your business...for what purpose and to what end I can't imagine. You and I certainly haven't had any disagreement up to now that I'm aware of. But, if that's your desire, so be it. Another glaring example answering the burning question of why there are so many more horse's asses than there are horses.

    In keeping with the Alinsky School of Political Dialog, keep the opposition on the defensive...it avoids having to actually address the question and come up with reasonable answers.

    Knowing as much as you do about me and still feeling your assumptions are accurate and appropriate, perhaps you would be better off referring to yourself as "HALF-Cocked_and_Locked". I challenge you to quote one statement I've made - here or anywhere else - that would lead you to the conclusion that I'd qualify as a Supremacist..."White" or otherwise. Otherwise, perhaps an apology would be more in order and we can move past this and get back to discussing things properly.

    So...what's it gonna be? "Bigmouth" -or- "Mensch"?
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

  7. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029
    OK "****"tarr, I'll give you one chance to rescind the name calling before I continue. I'd really rather not lower it to that level, but if intelligent exchange is not possible, then so be it. Your call.

  8. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Иєш Лєяжşєşŧăŋ
    Posts
    1,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    OK "****"tarr, I'll give you one chance to rescind the name calling before I continue. I'd really rather not lower it to that level, but if intelligent exchange is not possible, then so be it. Your call.
    Really . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    In keeping with the Alinsky School of Political Dialog, keep the opposition on the defensive...it avoids having to actually address the question and come up with reasonable answers.
    You make my point perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Knowing as much as you do about me and still feeling your assumptions are accurate and appropriate, perhaps you would be better off referring to yourself as "HALF-Cocked_and_Locked".
    You understand idiomatic American English, I assume? Unless this references some infirmity about you with which I'm unfamiliar, in which case I apologize, this is not "name calling". Calling you a "Petulant Sissy", THAT would be name calling, but I'd never do that deliberately. I prefer to let people show their own true stripes. Google "Half-Cocked" and see what you get. Same with "Bigmouth" -or- "Mensch"...it's an inquiry as to which side YOU'RE going to choose to represent yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    I challenge you to quote one statement I've made - here or anywhere else - that would lead you to the conclusion that I'd qualify as a Supremacist.
    And, of course, you deflect the question, Alinsky-like. We're still waiting...
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

  9. #68
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm a Socialist and I live in Dallas County, Texas. Go Cowboys.
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    The Progressive movement ultimately failed
    Nope. You're wrong again HK.

    The Progressive movement achieved great success. The movement even secured four modifications to the U. S. Constitution, which authorized an income tax, provided for the direct election of senators, extended the vote to women, and prohibited the manufacture and sale of alcoholic beverages.

  10. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Cooper View Post
    You're the troll, troll.
    Hey now, I thought I was the troll here.
    HK, tell Charles about your many years of experience as a law enforcement officer, and executive security consultant.
    IMO. In reality a gate guard at a north Texas chicken processing plant. I wonder if Mr. Tyson knows you are on his INTERNET instead of watching for violations.

  11. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    Hey now, I thought I was the troll here.
    HK, tell Charles about your many years of experience as a law enforcement officer, and executive security consultant.
    IMO. In reality a gate guard at a north Texas chicken processing plant. I wonder if Mr. Tyson knows you are on his INTERNET instead of watching for violations.
    After you tell us about your many years as a jack ass and a failed example as husband and parent. I am sure your family are proud of your example you have set for them.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast