Mexican President Calderon Presses For Gun Control - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mexican President Calderon Presses For Gun Control

wolfhunter Guest
    Bo, keep up the good work. Your posts are always welcome.

The choice comes down to posting a link (or several), or posting an article (or compilation). Thank you for posting what you find, and for providing a link so we can look at your sources.

Blog Entries
    Wolf Blitzer Interviewed Mexican President Felipe Calderon.
    El presidente sounded a little different when he wasn't reading from Obama's telepromter.
    BLITZER: Has your foreign ministry issued a travel advisory to Mexicans not to visit Arizona?

CALDERON: Yes, because according with this law, it's -- there is some risk for Mexican people, especially because...

BLITZER: And so if a tourist goes to Mex -- to Arizona and has the proper visas, the proper papers, what's the risk?

CALDERON: The risk is that it -- well, they looks like Mexicans. And, exactly, they are Mexican, even they are visiting and buying things in Arizona.

Let me tell you what the Mexican -- Mexican consumption in Arizona implied like $3 billion a year. So the tourism and other activities of Mexican people in Arizona works a lot for Arizona's economy.

BLITZER: So you think Arizona will pay a price for this -- this new law?

CALDERON: I don't want that. I only want an -- a mutual understanding. And, in particular, I don't want to move these controversial feelings. I don't want to exacerbate bad feelings between Mexicans and Americans. We need to find out a solution.

What is clear for me is that that law is not a solution at all.

BLITZER: All right. Let's talk a little bit about Mexico's laws. I read an article in "The Washington Times" the other day. I'm going to read a paragraph to you and you tell me if this is true or not true. This is from "The Washington Times": "Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to reenter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals."

Is that true?

CALDERON: It was true, but it is not anymore. We derogate or we erased that part of the law. Actually, the legal immigration is not a -- is not a crime in Mexico. Not anymore, since one year ago. And that is the reason why we are trying to establish our own comprehensive public policy talking about, for instance, immigrants coming from Central America...

BLITZER: So if...

CALDERON: -- (INAUDIBLE).

BLITZER: So if people want to come from Guatemala or Honduras or El Salvador or Nicaragua, they want to just come into Mexico, they can just walk in?

CALDERON: No. They need to fulfill a form. They need to establish their right name. We analyze if they have not a criminal precedent. And they coming into Mexico. Actually...

BLITZER: Do Mexican police go around asking for papers of people they suspect are illegal immigrants?

CALDERON: Of course. Of course, in the border, we are asking the people, who are you?

And if they explain...

BLITZER: At the border, I understand, when they come in.

CALDERON: Yes.

BLITZER: But once they're in...

CALDERON: But not -- but not in -- if -- once they are inside the -- inside the country, what the Mexican police do is, of course, enforce the law. But by any means, immigration is a crime anymore in Mexico.

BLITZER: Immigration is not a crime, you're saying?

CALDERON: It's not a crime.

BLITZER: So in other words, if somebody sneaks in from Nicaragua or some other country in Central America, through the southern border of Mexico, they wind up in Mexico, they can go get a job...

CALDERON: No, no.

BLITZER: They can work.

CALDERON: If -- if somebody do that without permission, we send back -- we send back them.

BLITZER: You find them and you send them back?

CALDERON: Yes.
    “Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower

Yep and he still was a hypocrite in front of the House, all he did was tell the democrats what they wanted to hear, and not the truth....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Im sick of the Mexican influence on America...They feel compelled to tell us how to run things when they cant get things right in their own country..If they could they would stop coming here illegally. I personally think their president should mind his own damn business and worry about his own people.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Im sick of the Mexican influence on America...They feel compelled to tell us how to run things when they cant get things right in their own country..If they could they would stop coming here illegally. I personally think their president should mind his own damn business and worry about his own people.
    I agree 100%! I am suprised Blitzer even threw those questions a the Mexican President. He pretty much follows the Obama line of reasoning when he is on the news. Basically, the Mexican President just pretty much supported, in a round about way, the Arizona law.

Why do people continue to call a semi automatic firearm an assualt weapon? For the mostr part that is what you will be able to buy in America. How many of the Mexican drug lords will waste their money on the purchase of SEMI automatic firearms?
    YouTube - The Truth About Semi-Auto Firearms

Gun facts

http://www.gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-fa...5.1-screen.pdf
    Gun Facts - Gun Control | Facts | Debunk | Myths

To prove your point take a close look at many of the so called long guns that have been traced back to the USA, the M-4 and M-16 variants to be percise.....

There is a third position to the selector switch, semi autos only have two....

Fire and Safe, but theirs have a third, full auto, and guess what, those are military guns....

AKA the ones the US government gave Mexico to fight the drug wars, and were in turn stolen and sold the the drug lords by crooked officials.....

Yes they were traced back to the USA, but just where they are not telling and for a very huge reason......
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Wow! Mexicans spend 3 billion in Arizona? I'd like to see how he got that figure! How about Arizona spends 3 billion on Mexicans in their healthcare system? Mr Calderon forgot about that part....
    Whenever there is a balanced comparison between the laws of the United States and Mexico, Mexico comes out far scarier.
    If Americans knew how the Mexican government treated illegals in their country......Not to mention the hypocracy of the Mexican/Guatamalan border....
    Fix your own hellholes like Juarez City before complaining about Arizona, Mr Calderon!

Within the following article is a possible reason that Calderon was cheered by the administration during his speech. Is it possible that he's being used by the Obama administration to bring forward the "need" for more gun control?:

Mexican president insults U.S., Congress cheers | The Barr Code

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Within the following article is a possible reason that Calderon was cheered by the administration during his speech. Is it possible that he's being used by the Obama administration to bring forward the "need" for more gun control?:

Mexican president insults U.S., Congress cheers | The Barr Code
    I am sure this is all part of it. There is not an illegal gun problem. There is an unsecured border problem.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast