Texas Gives the Boot to Liberal Social Studies Bias - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas Gives the Boot to Liberal Social Studies Bias

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    ********...the link works fine for me. Besides, if it shut down your browser and you couldn't access it, how do you know WHO the author is? Personally, I think the FUD and disinformation comes from YOU.
    After opening up the shoo-fly link, and laughing at it's content, I closed the link. This shut every other browser down. It also opened up the option to send the failure to microsoft which I elected "yes"
    Again, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    eKTARR, thank u for your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    ********...the link works fine for me. Besides, if it shut down your browser and you couldn't access it, how do you know WHO the author is? Personally, I think the FUD and disinformation comes from YOU.
    Ektarr it is a waist of time to address him. You can't fix stupid. To him anything that is not from some Marxist fool is off base. He is just a troll so what can we expect. FUD is his middle name.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
    You know what folks, you are so far off base here. History is history and MUST be recorded for exactly what it is, HISTORY. We use history to learn from the mistakes of our predecessors and hopefully we will not make the same mistakes again. You cleanse of purify history to satisfy a few evangelicals or political beliefs, you will get a tainted history from which no one will learn anything. Delete the history and the future generations will not have anything to learn from.

The Texas SBOE is getting really close to the movie"Fahrenheit 451" and that is scary.

Both sides are moving farther and farther apart and nothing will be accomplished with this approach.

Ken
    Actually on this issue you are off base. All that they are doing is returning some sanity to what the so called progressives, Marxists, and far left liberals messed up years ago. The liberal whacks did not want the real history or all of history taught so they for years have managed to get their revisionist agenda in the text books. It has been their goal for many years to dumb down the students so that they could brain wash them and for years the public education system has done a real good job of that.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    THE LINK YOU PROVIDED IS TAINTED. IT SHUTS DOWN MY BROWSER. WARNING, DO NOT CLICK IT.

The writer of your article is that shoo-fly woman, another right wing entertainer. More FUD. IMO.
    Your browser must be, like you, set to reject Truth whenever it is encountered. The link works fine, BTW.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....140f306f.html
    More conservative textbook curriculum OK'd

12:00 AM CDT on Saturday, May 22, 2010

By TERRENCE STUTZ / The Dallas Morning News
    [email protected]
    AUSTIN – In a landmark move that will shape the future education of millions of Texas schoolchildren, the State Board of Education on Friday approved new curriculum standards for U.S. history and other social studies courses that reflect a more conservative tone than in the past.

Split along party lines, the board delivered a pair of 9-5 votes to adopt the new standards, which will dictate what is taught in all Texas schools and provide the basis for future textbooks and student achievement tests over the next decad
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Your browser must be, like you, set to reject Truth whenever it is encountered. The link works fine, BTW.
    The truth? I find that statement most amusing.
    I thank Cathy for finding a credible source.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Your browser must be, like you, set to reject Truth whenever it is encountered.

The Eagle Forum link was to news of the preliminary votes. The Dallas Morning News link was to news of the final vote.

Incidentally, the EF link worked fine for me too, but I have AdBlock Plus as well as Request Policy plugins installed in Firefox, so I don't download anything into my web experience I don't intend to.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    The Eagle Forum link was to news of the preliminary votes. The Dallas Morning News link was to news of the final vote.

Incidentally, the EF link worked fine for me too, but I have AdBlock Plus as well as Request Policy plugins installed in Firefox, so I don't download anything into my web experience I don't intend to.
    It must be this PC. I don't have your ad-on's, and can't because of special applications. Anything from the left, or right wing entertainers I find not to be a credible source of information.

11. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Actually on this issue you are off base. All that they are doing is returning some sanity to what the so called progressives, Marxists, and far left liberals messed up years ago. The liberal whacks did not want the real history or all of history taught so they for years have managed to get their revisionist agenda in the text books. It has been their goal for many years to dumb down the students so that they could brain wash them and for years the public education system has done a real good job of that.
    I
    Have you seen the movie Fahrenheit 451? The ultra religious and such will be telling what we can and cannot read. it will be like the Purtains in the early US history. Remember that this was taught to us in history...presuming you bothered to read it.

I get really upset at narrow minded folks that feel their believe is the only belief and if you do not believe the same, death to you.
    If you want to see this in practice right this moment in history, look at the Muslims and their cleric.

So wake up and open you eyes or you will be lead along with the rest of this country with a history that is painted the way the "self appointed few" want you to see . No thanks, I want to know the whole history and I will draw my own conclusions. But I think for myself.

You know, after thinking about it, I am bombarded daily with nut cases and this form seems to draw more than it's fair share. I got on here to read about CHL and CCP, but it is turning into the same political and religious BS I get plenty of elsewhere and very little about concealed carry. So I bid you adieu, adios and farewell.

Ken

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast