Princeton PULLED DOWN Elena Kagan's thesis - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: Princeton PULLED DOWN Elena Kagan's thesis

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Cooper View Post
    Nope. Americans love socialism. That why we have a system of social security and established fair labor standards.
    Well I will say that many lazy, shiftless, live off the backs of others, Americans do anyway. but not all.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  2.   
  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Cooper View Post
    Nope. Americans love socialism. That why we have a system of social security and established fair labor standards.
    Too broad a statement. Some Americans like socialism, that's obvious, but many of us do not.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Cooper View Post
    Nope. Americans love socialism. That why we have a system of social security and established fair labor standards.
    Especially those who don't want to take care of themselves and want the government to control their medical care, pay them for doing nothing and have the government tell them everything will be fine. The problem with this is that those who work and contribute to society will end up paying more and more for those that don't. Who do you think is going to pay for the mandatory medical insurance for those already on welfare? The tax payer, the ones working.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm a Socialist and I live in Dallas County, Texas. Go Cowboys.
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Well I will say that many lazy, shiftless, live off the backs of others, Americans do anyway. but not all.
    Not all Americans love Socialism, just an overwhelming majority of them.

  6. #25
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm a Socialist and I live in Dallas County, Texas. Go Cowboys.
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Too broad a statement. Some Americans like socialism, that's obvious, but many of us do not.
    How about, "most American like Socialism?"

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Cooper View Post
    Not all Americans love Socialism, just an overwhelming majority of them.
    And your evidence to back this up is? The following seems to show that you are wrong:

    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...than_socialism
    Last edited by ronwill; 05-25-2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Addd Info

  8. #27
    O.K. everyone. This guy is to far gone to argue with. It is a hopeless case. Tme to move on to something productive.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  9. #28
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm a Socialist and I live in Dallas County, Texas. Go Cowboys.
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Especially those who don't want to take care of themselves and want the government to control their medical care.
    I suspect that those who love Medicare do so because they want access to quality affordable health care in their old age.

    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Especially those who...want the government to...pay them for doing nothing
    I suspect that the people who favor our system of social security want the government to pay them the benefits they're entitled to under the law, because when they were working they were taxed to pay benefits to the preceding generations.

  10. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Cooper View Post
    I suspect that those who love Medicare do so because they want access to quality affordable health care in their old age.
    Current administration changes sure took care of that didn't it? I would rather keep my current insurance than move to medicare but thanks to socialized medicine I won't be able to after I turn 65. But maybe HK's right, you're just to far gone to understand that.

  11. #30
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm a Socialist and I live in Dallas County, Texas. Go Cowboys.
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    those who work and contribute to society will end up paying more and more for those that don't.
    Nope. The data indicates that they will end up paying just about the same or maybe even less.

    Who do you think is going to pay for the mandatory medical insurance for those already on welfare?
    Define "welfare."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Elena Kaganís Socialist Thesis
    By festus in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 08:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast