67YR old lady shot and killed by Yuba City PD - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 67YR old lady shot and killed by Yuba City PD

"And further, yes, 9:00 at night is too damn late to be dealing with statist privacy invasion. The guy should have just told the census taker this, informed her that if she didn't leave his property immediate, he would call the police for the trespasser who was there after the hours the Census takers were permitted to operate, and then promptly closed the door in the Census taker's face. If she so much as knocked, I'd be at the phone dialing 911."

Census worker instructions were to conduct their personal contacts from 10AM until 9PM. With daylight savings time, it is still light for the period. The Notice of Visit forms allowed them to give their phone numbers and time periods for them to be contacted according to whatever schedule they wished. Occasionally, people left message to call them back late or early per their schedules and choices. You should send your 9PM thoughts to the Census Bureau as feedback for the next round's planning.

The only question you were/are required to answer was regarding the number of people at that address, names, sexes, ages, birthdays, race, ethnicity, other living locations and home ownership were optional responses.

Proxies (neighbors) were consulted in the event someone refused to answer. As with the above comment, the workers sought to get the form filled out but would settle for the minimum information. Police were not to be called unless physical violence was threatened or occurred. Simply slamming the door was not considered violence.

While there were a couple of --------, the majority of people were cooperative and pleasant.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

3. Here's a question no so much related to this exact post. Let's say LEO pulls up in your driveway and gets out and you approach and ask his business. He answers"just looking around to see what you've been doing". When you tell him to leave, at that point he's trespassing. Yes or no? Without a specific reason or suspicion, does LEO have a right to remain after you've told him to leave? This has come up during Conservation Officer "visits" in some areas during deer season. The officer doesn't come out and specifically say "I suspect you have an untagged deer hanging in the tree behind this building that I can't see from the road".

4. I often answer the door with a firearm in hand. The difference with me is, its hidden in my hand behind the door. That way, no limp dicks could get offended.
    Retired US Army Medic
    Proud Husband, Dad and Christian
    www.nationofshooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mobuck View Post
    Here's a question no so much related to this exact post. Let's say LEO pulls up in your driveway and gets out and you approach and ask his business. He answers"just looking around to see what you've been doing". When you tell him to leave, at that point he's trespassing. Yes or no? Without a specific reason or suspicion, does LEO have a right to remain after you've told him to leave? This has come up during Conservation Officer "visits" in some areas during deer season. The officer doesn't come out and specifically say "I suspect you have an untagged deer hanging in the tree behind this building that I can't see from the road".
    First question: Can I help you? After that, it's all up to how he responds. "Want to look around? Got a search warrant? No? Then I'll have to ask you to leave. Nice talking to you."
    -= Piece Corps =-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123