Veterans Disarmament Act is coming true
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Veterans Disarmament Act is coming true

Veterans Disarmament Act is coming true

For those that thought that this bill wouldn't effect veterans diagnosed with PTSD, well you were wrong. I'm a Chapter Commander and the Chapter Service Officer for our local DAV. Yesterday I was talking to a Veteran that just received his service connection with PTSD and he told me that he had to go for an interview and one question she asked was did he own any weapons. He told her yes and that he planed to buy a few more and get his CWP. She told him he could keep the weapons he has but from now on he couldn't buy any new weapons. He asked why and she stated since he had been diagnosed with PTSD under the new law he could no longer purchase any weapon.

Good read:
    http://www.gunowners.org/a010808.htm
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Remember that this bill was supported by the NRA. Should this be the only reason he would be denied, contact them and get them involved. It's a law that should never have passed and may cause those in need of help not to get it.

4. I think this is a huge slap in the face to all who have served this country. If the individual really has a medical condition then just address it through the system of laws already on the books. If they would just fix the system to make it fair. In other words alter the HIPPA act to allow adequate checking of all records not just to single out the military members for unfair treatment under this new law. I might not have a problem with it if it was fair to all of society. As it stands now the serviceman, or woman, is unfairly singled out. The civilian does not face any such restriction he can be nuttier than a fruit cake, as in the Virginia Tech idiot or Hinkley or plug in jsut about any name here, and still get a gun. This somehow seems unfair to me. It puts an unfair, unjust extra burden on the military member. I know plenty of guys who have mild forms of PTSD, it happens. I would even say at one time I felt I had it. Everyone who has seen a certain amount of combat has to deal with inner demmons re-living certain scenes etc. It is just how you deal with it some guys have seen more ***** and need more help. Others seem to be better epuipt to handle things just through their own strength or what ever you want to call it. I just see it as a huge slap in the face to all who have served their nation especially the ones who fought for it. A black do indeed.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

Muzzle the warror. There is a reason for their maddness.

I find this interesting. I've been service-connected for many years, and I have NEVER been asked anything even remotely related to guns. My service connection was granted based on examination by a physician, but I was NEVER "interviewed" by anyone.

I checked at work today (VA Hospital) and none of the C&P people have ever heard of any questions related to firearms, unless the Vet has been deemed to be a danger to him/her self or others. I'll check with the regional Director Monday or Tuesday and see what info (if any) I can come up with.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Please do that Jay. I have no reason to not believe this vet because he was in the dark about the law. I'm going to make some call Monday to our Columbia office and see what they say. I hope that this is a case of someone at the VA reading into something that's not there.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Well,if you think about it,from the perspective of a tyrant wanting to take your guns,and subsequently everything else away,it makes sense.take away the weapons of the veterans,who are trained and proficient in the use of them.Then find a way to take them away from the civilians.
    Those bastards.We gotta find a way to get rid of this thing.I'm all for looking at some medical records to see if somebody really is a danger to others.Like if he told his doc he wants to kill a bunch of people then himself.But I truly think the vast majority of people who seek psychological care are not dangerous to anybody.They just need a little help.I HOPE this is a misunderstanding and it's not as bad as it seems.But when Catscratch McCarthy and Schmuck Schumer sign off an something,I have to be concerned.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

i have to agree and think that someone should rattle nra's chains too. i was shocked when i heard they backed this up. it sure didn't get my vote. we can't give an inch or they will take the whole damn thing!!!
    " GRIZ "
    CCW
    NRA LIFE
    GOA
    Katie Couric, while interviewing a Marine sniper, asked:

'What do you feel when you shoot a Terrorist?'

The Marine shrugged and replied,

'A slight recoil.'

Danny P. (Dan) Creed

To the liberals all gun owners are knuckle draggers.Not evolved enough to be peaseful.

The liberals will keep chiping away until all there is no private ownership of firearms.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast