Deprived of my right to carry outside of the Nelson county courthouse today - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Deprived of my right to carry outside of the Nelson county courthouse today

"Does hge have to do iot to prove a point? "

What?

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    You know, many of us carried or at least had a weapon stashed in a vehicle long before CCW permits came into being. Just the way it was where I grew up (border South). Didn't think much about it. And too, there were those long cross-country road trips with my young family. I was not gonna find myself in an interstate rest area at 3:00 am, having to defend my family without some serious backup. I certainly am not advocating illegal carry but I will say that me and my family will continue to be protected regardless of what the fickle gov't says.
    I understand JJ, and back you up. I feel that it is total BS that we have to get permission to have a gun with us at all. I am just saying be careful. I feel that SOME police and local governments get more of a jolly out of putting the hammer down on a good citizen than they do the bad one. I don't understand why, but I hate to see the good guys get it over something so stupid as you can have a gun here, but not there. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    "Does hge have to do iot to prove a point? "

What?
    Does he have do it to make a point Meaning does anyone who opens carry have a point to make when they open carry? Just because you can should be enough reason to do it

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    I understand JJ, and back you up. I feel that it is total BS that we have to get permission to have a gun with us at all. I am just saying be careful. I feel that SOME police and local governments get more of a jolly out of putting the hammer down on a good citizen than they do the bad one. I don't understand why, but I hate to see the good guys get it over something so stupid as you can have a gun here, but not there. Peace.
    Thanks for the supportive words, HGT. Understand that I do not, by any means, carry illegally on a regular basis. It's maybe more like I'm nonchalant about the sporadic times when I find myself in that position. I don't tend to over-react: "Ahh, stuff it in the glove box for the next couple hours, whatever". Maybe I should.

As for protecting my family years ago on cross-country trips, there was just never any question in my mind that there was going to be a serious weapon in the vehicle. Would I risk a bit of jail time to afford my familly the best personal protection that I could? Absolutely; without question.

When I grew up, guns were plentiful, thought of as tools, treated with respect, and not a big deal. I guess I just kinda still operate with that attitude.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

I have always traveled with firearms. From coast to coast and north to south. Was worried in places like Chicago, NJ, DC but the worry over scum assaulting family or myself overruled the fear of "smokey".

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    I have always traveled with firearms. From coast to coast and north to south. Was worried in places like Chicago, NJ, DC but the worry over scum assaulting family or myself overruled the fear of "smokey".
    I like your style, 06. Tells me a lot about who's going to have my back when the SHTF and the gov't attempts to disarm the American people. Right on, brother.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234