Is This The First Domino?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is This The First Domino?

Exclamation Is This The First Domino?

hey everybody, is this some more of that hope and change?

Is This The First Domino?

May 26, 2010

by Al Doyle

The possibility of a number of deficit-plagued states delaying or even reneging on state income tax refunds has been raised by those who understand the nature of the current economic decline. That scenario has now become a reality, as Rhode Island has held back 53,000 individual refund checks for four to six weeks, and payment isn't expected for another month. The $36.3 million owed works out to an average of $685 per taxpayer.

From the May 25 edition of USA Today: "Paychecks from private business shrank to their smallest share of personal income in U.S. history during the first quarter of this year. . .at the same time, government-provided benefits from Social Security, unemployment insurance, food stamps and other programs rose to a record high during the first three months of 2010.

"The trend is not sustainable, says University of Michigan economist Donald Grimes. Reason: The federal government depends on private wages to generate income taxes to pay for its ever-more expensive programs. Government-generated income is taxed at lower rates, or not at all, he says."

Total public and private U.S. indebtedness- not including tens of trillions in unfunded liabilities -is 800 percent of annual gross domestic product (GDP), which is more than twice the rate in 1929.

"If debt and money printing equaled prosperity, then Zimbabwe would be the richest country. Mugabe (dictator of Zimbabwe) is the economic mentor of Ben Bernanke." - Dr. Marc Faber.

Even venerable stock market analyst Richard Russell -a rational and level-headed manwho would never be labeled as an alarmist or extremist - has issued the alarm to his subscribers.

"By the end of the year, they won't recognize the country," Russell warned.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

THIS IS THE FIRST DOMINO

As usual more F.U.D. from those on the edge.
    Where is your source stating RI's budget problems?

"at the same time, government-provided benefits from Social Security, unemployment insurance, food stamps and other programs rose to a record high during the first three months of 2010."

Yes, ain't it great? That Obama guy sends me Social Security money, food stamp EBT, and a few other programs. I love this country. Ain't it great? I wish I had voted for Barry. There is always next election.

mojo Guest
    Dont forget that in the midst of all of this the "governement payroll" grew, employees got raises and the working class that supports it all continued to see less and less, with no light at tunnels end. Yes the dominos are in place and the first one is about to, if it hasnt already, fallen.

Exclamation Sources you want sources???

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post

THIS IS THE FIRST DOMINO

As usual more F.U.D. from those on the edge.
    Where is your source stating RI's budget problems?

"at the same time, government-provided benefits from Social Security, unemployment insurance, food stamps and other programs rose to a record high during the first three months of 2010."

Yes, ain't it great? That Obama guy sends me Social Security money, food stamp EBT, and a few other programs. I love this country. Ain't it great? I wish I had voted for Barry. There is always next election.
    Free Internet Press :: Rhode Island Hit Hardest By Financial Crisis, But Why? :: Uncensored News For Real People

Pension Woes May Deepen Financial Crisis For States : NPR

Wait grows longer for R.I. tax refunds | Rhode Island news | projo.com | The Providence Journal
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Careful festus you might confuse some of the sheeple with the facts.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Exclamation Oh sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Careful festus you might confuse some of the sheeple with the facts.
    I would not want the truth to get out!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I'd think you should be able to add THIS to the list of dominoes, as well . . .

Governmental Agencies

And for any who dispute this, claiming Glenn's wrong, or an alarmist, or any other dismissal of his claims...all you have to do is step up with facts to make your cased and we'll be happy to give it consideration. But make them facts...not some opinion based on personal feelings just to be contrary.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Here are some facts.

Glen Beck is a high paid right wing entertainer.

My president, Barry Obama sends me Social Security money, food stamp EBT, and a few other programs. I love this country.

American, is a great country.

Why you can sneak into America. You will be hired by a large corporation. Or, you can work without paying taxes. Free medical, and free food. If you have any offspring who are legal, the Guv-ment won't break up your family by sending you back. Many of the liberals feel sorry for the poor illegals.

I wish I had voted for Barry. Rumor has it Hillary is the VP in next election.

We the People will re-elect him and his minions.

The other side is seen as ultra religious, angry white people.

Those are the facts.

And the truth is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    I'd think you should be able to add THIS to the list of dominoes, as well . . .

Governmental Agencies

And for any who dispute this, claiming Glenn's wrong, or an alarmist, or any other dismissal of his claims...all you have to do is step up with facts to make your cased and we'll be happy to give it consideration. But make them facts...not some opinion based on personal feelings just to be contrary.
    Ektarr your are asking a lot.

You would think that the well educated politicians of this country would do enough studies and appoint enough special interest groups to deduce the cause of this calamity. Apparently they can't see that if we get our tax base back, there might be some money in the coffers. Oh I almost forgot that they might think about taxing the illegal aliens too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast