A caveman could understand this: - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A caveman could understand this:

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Uh, no "dude," I'm not "admitting" anything. I'm just always looking for THE TRUTH, and this is one of the few cases I happened to agree with the OP.

Now you want to paint me with your preconcieved picture brush, try to twist that around, Huh?

Want to get things headed down that road now? Fine, knock yourself out.....

I would encourage you to kiss my rosie red rectum.

Sorry, I don't participate in "groupthink."
    Boomboy offers you a hand of friendship and you "encourage him" to kiss your rosie red ______???? I will NEVER understand the mindset of a troll and I'm glad of that. Being inside of your mind must be a frightening place and I wouldn't want to live there. After your "positive attitude" Social Security post, I decided to take you off of my Ignore List because it appeared that you could be a nice person after all. Guess what? I've permanently banished you from my life...back on the Ignore List you go. Don't even bother to respond to this post, because I WON'T SEE IT!!!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    I've permanently banished you from my life...back on the Ignore List you go.
    Thank You!

4. ''There currently is much discussion about the state of the Social Security System. Some are advocating radical change such as privatization of the system. These calls are met with concern that nothing like that has ever been done. Even if we ignore the success of other countries that have privatized this remnant of paternalist government, we need to look no further than the Texas coast for an example of successful privatization.''

I am sure this administration could fine a way to go after our IRA'S when they need more money.

How Galveston, TX opted out of Social Security.... [Archive] - Physics Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Just based on the typical nature of my interaction with most of the folks here I tried my best to come up with some defense of SS and the way it's being used/run. Couldn't do it. You are all right - Govt. sanctioned fraud.
    Sometimes, we find a way to agree. C&L was talking about the "special people". Those folks on this website who claim to be ultra religous Christians, and uber conservatives. To me, all those folks have the same last name JOHNSON. They are terrified of independent thought.
    Sometimes, even I have to agree with some of the things the JOHNSON'S say.
    I say the SS system is a mess, a Guv-ment sanctioned fraud. However, keep the checks rolling into my bank account.
    CWM, how many games are you going to play with that ignore button? Maybe it's the eye patch you are wearing and you can't read the small font? First you were upset with me, put me on ignore. Then you wanted to be my friend. Then you put me on ignore again You did the same wih C&L. I wish you the best with your surgery.

Nice try, Boomer, but you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ass (I know it's "sow's ear" but this fits better). Nothing like extending the hand of friendship and having it slapped away. Half-Cocked is really some scrawny little pencil neck who gets his jollies picking fights on the Net cause he's anonymous and can do it. Probably got bullied when he was a kid. I do know this...with his attitude and smart mouth, he wouldn't last a New York minute around most of my friends. He'd get a very abrupt and harsh lesson about "respect" the first time he opened his mouth.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Nice try, Boomer, but you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ass (I know it's "sow's ear" but this fits better). Nothing like extending the hand of friendship and having it slapped away. Half-Cocked is really some scrawny little pencil neck who gets his jollies picking fights on the Net cause he's anonymous and can do it. Probably got bullied when he was a kid. I do know this...with his attitude and smart mouth, he wouldn't last a New York minute around most of my friends. He'd get a very abrupt and harsh lesson about "respect" the first time he opened his mouth.
    jj, come on, "scawny little pencil neck"? Are you a professional wrestler? Threats of physical violence? Wait, ain't u the fella who claims to carry firearms, in violation of the law? After all JJ,
    This is the internet. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    jj, come on, "scawny little pencil neck"? Are you a professional wrestler? Threats of physical violence? Wait, ain't u the fella who claims to carry firearms, in violation of the law? After all JJ,
    This is the internet. Calm down.
    Look like one, anyway. No threats, just facts. Sometimes I am a scofflaw, yes. As per this being the net, that does not preclude one from having good manners. Least that's how I was raised.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Look like one, anyway. No threats, just facts. Sometimes I am a scofflaw, yes. As per this being the net, that does not preclude one from having good manners. Least that's how I was raised.
    +1, JJ. Character DOES matter. An individual's behavior, whether on the internet or off, reveals their innermost soul. I pray for iceman and cocked_and_lock because their postings DO NOT reflect happiness with who they are. Trolls are very insecure people who, somehow feel empowered, when they can demean others with the safety net of anonymity that the internet provides. Very sad...very sad, indeed.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    +1, JJ. Character DOES matter. An individual's behavior, whether on the internet or off, reveals their innermost soul. I pray for iceman and cocked_and_lock because their postings DO NOT reflect happiness with who they are. Trolls are very insecure people who, somehow feel empowered, when they can demean others with the safety net of anonymity that the internet provides. Very sad...very sad, indeed.
    I will sleep better knowing that motherJOHNSON is praying for my soul. NOT

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    ''There currently is much discussion about the state of the Social Security System. Some are advocating radical change such as privatization of the system. These calls are met with concern that nothing like that has ever been done. Even if we ignore the success of other countries that have privatized this remnant of paternalist government, we need to look no further than the Texas coast for an example of successful privatization.''

I am sure this administration could fine a way to go after our IRA'S when they need more money.

How Galveston, TX opted out of Social Security.... [Archive] - Physics Forums
    Now, back to the thread, wooddoctor!

IMO, privatization of retirement benefits would be the BEST case scenario for those 55 and younger. It makes perfect sense to faze out social security and let the individual be responsible for their own retirement through payroll deductions into IRA-type accounts. Of course, those who are under the current system would still receive their SS checks as long as they live.

Having said all of that, there ARE those who receive SSI, due to physical or mental handicaps that prevent them from working and contributing to individual retirement accounts. Does anyone have any idea as to how that scenario should be/could be handled?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast