This may be bogus not sure - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: This may be bogus not sure

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps53 View Post
    What is this FUD which so many mention? I looked at some old posts and saw several references to FUD. In every case, it was preceeded by an article about Fvkin UnConstitutional Democrats. I'm not sure my perception is correct, but it works for me, so henceforth that is how I will percieve it every time I see it.

    From Wikipedia:
    "Fear, uncertainty, and doubt (FUD) is a tactic of rhetoric and fallacy used in sales, marketing, public relations,[1][2] politics and propaganda. FUD is generally a strategic attempt to influence public perception by disseminating negative and dubious/false information designed to undermine the credibility of their beliefs. An individual firm, for example, might use FUD to invite unfavorable opinions and speculation about a competitor's product; to increase the general estimation of switching costs among current customers; or to maintain leverage over a current business partner who could potentially become a rival. FUD techniques may be crude and simple, as in claiming "I read a paper by a Harvard professor that shows you are wrong regarding subject XXX", but the paper does not even exist! (If the paper exists, then it is not FUD, but valid criticism.) Alternatively FUD may be very subtle, employing an indirect approach. Someone who employs FUD can in general not back up his claims "Oh, I dont remember which professor or which year the paper is from". To dispel FUD, the easiest way is to ask for details and then provide well researched, hard facts which disproves the details. For instance, if it can be shown that no Harvard professor ever has written a paper on subject XXX, then the FUD is dispelled.
    The term originated to describe disinformation tactics in the computer hardware industry and has since been used more broadly.[3] FUD is a manifestation of the appeal to fear."
    There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way." - C. S. Lewis

  2.   
  3. #12
    Educated by a fellow Salt Laker. Thanks Jeepy.

    While likely correct, your version is no fun. I'll stick with mine.

  4. #13
    I completely agree. Yours is definitely better!
    There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way." - C. S. Lewis

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by brickler View Post
    Well, here is what my little bit of digging turned up....

    Posts in the comments of the article talk about a Canadian post article about this that the link is broken/down right now.... I'll see if I can find it in the google cache... (Partial Fail. Google cache is wiped with the blank page, but....)

    It looks like the article did originally exist, as the RSS feeds have not been purged. This is where the Canadian Free Press article used to live:

    http://canadafreepress.com/index.php...When:07:36:31Z, but as you can see the article itself is missing.

    This is the leader/summary on the RSS Feed: (I have a screenshot of the article in the RSS feed, but have not posted it.)

    _______
    Obama Serves 14-State Governors with Warnings of Arrest
    from CanadaFreePress.Com
    Barack Hussein Obama had served 14-State Governors in the United States, National Security Letters (NSLs) warning that the Governor’s actions in attempting to form “State Defense Forces” needs to be halted “immediately” or they will face arrest for the crime of treason. The employment of NSLs was authorized by the Patriot Act introduced by George W. Bush. Contained within the section related to these letters, it is forbidden for anyone receiving a NSL warning to even acknowledge the existence of said communication.

    ______

    That makes me think that the repost of the article (above) is valid as originating from the Canadian Free Press site. Don't know why it may have been scrubbed unless the source turned out to be invalid or reneged on coming out with the information.

    Thanks for checking this out.

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCorps53 View Post
    What is this FUD which so many mention? I looked at some old posts and saw several references to FUD. In every case, it was preceeded by an article about Fvkin UnConstitutional Democrats. I'm not sure my perception is correct, but it works for me, so henceforth that is how I will percieve it every time I see it.

    Since you are the creator of this definition of FUD. you should have the honor of entering it into the Urban Dictionary that the world may share your brilliance.

    Urban Dictionary: FUD

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Pfeh. No credibility there, eh? Just some more worthless FUD, I guess. Ah, well... Time will tell.
    Yes it could be FUD but there might be something to it. One reason I find that this might be true is because this current president has yet to be truthful and it does ap0pear that this is something he would do.
    Neveretheless, He cannot shut everybody up.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,098

    Exclamation Look for the connections

    14 Govenors issued SNL's
    14 States sue for Obamacare issues...do the math.
    14 states pushing for 10th ammendment states rights...do the math

    The rich kid is'nt getting his way so now he throws a fit.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Close to Reading, PA
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    You know it may or may not be legit but doesn't it sound just like something the usurper would do and if he were to do it calling someone else a traitor would be a real laugh.
    Usurper? What and how, exactly?

    Traitor? Not even close.

    The argument swings for both sides. Bush Jr. was a terrible president by almost all accounts. Obama, the legally elected president, is better even though he is ineffectual. Bush got things done, only what he did was disastrous. Obama isn't really doing much, which is a huge improvement. Other than the financial meltdown and ignoring an environmental disaster (Bush: market collapse, Katrina. Obama: bank and car bailouts, Gulf oil spill), Obama is better because he hasn't really done anything to destroy the nation.

    I'm just tired of the whole "traitor", "usurper", "communist", etc. crap thrown around. It's all BS because you don't like him. I couldn't stand Bush Jr., and the worst thing I said about him was that he was an absolutely abysmal president. Don't like Obama? Vote for the other guy in 2012.

  10. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by rayven View Post
    Usurper? What and how, exactly?

    Traitor? Not even close.

    The argument swings for both sides. Bush Jr. was a terrible president by almost all accounts. Obama, the legally elected president, is better even though he is ineffectual. Bush got things done, only what he did was disastrous. Obama isn't really doing much, which is a huge improvement. Other than the financial meltdown and ignoring an environmental disaster (Bush: market collapse, Katrina. Obama: bank and car bailouts, Gulf oil spill), Obama is better because he hasn't really done anything to destroy the nation.

    I'm just tired of the whole "traitor", "usurper", "communist", etc. crap thrown around. It's all BS because you don't like him. I couldn't stand Bush Jr., and the worst thing I said about him was that he was an absolutely abysmal president. Don't like Obama? Vote for the other guy in 2012.
    WHAT??!! The prick has done more to damage this country than any president (and I use the term loosely) in my long lifetime.

    Anyone who apologizes for America to any foreign nation is a traitor, in my book. And let's see: He surrounds himself with Commies and Commie lovers...

    Bottom line to me is that Bush at least professes to love this country (and I'm convinced he does) while B. Hussein and his merry little band of sh#theads, including his wife, haven't had much good to say about it.

    Just calling it the way I see it.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    WHAT??!! The prick has done more to damage this country than any president (and I use the term loosely) in my long lifetime.

    Anyone who apologizes for America to any foreign nation is a traitor, in my book. And let's see: He surrounds himself with Commies and Commie lovers...

    Bottom line to me is that Bush at least professes to love this country (and I'm convinced he does) while B. Hussein and his merry little band of sh#theads, including his wife, haven't had much good to say about it.

    Just calling it the way I see it.
    +1 and as far as I am concerned he is still a traitor and until he produces a legit birth certificate a usurper. No matter what else he is he is the worst president we have had and that is saying a lot.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Investigation Reveals Numerous Bogus Claims on Obama Resume
    By Conservative Wife & Mom in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-09-2010, 08:21 PM
  2. adding same make, model and caliber guns to existing NV permit ??
    By rtj3 in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 03:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast