Israel Faces New International Crisis...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel Faces New International Crisis...

Israel Faces New International Crisis...

ISRAEL FACES NEW INTERNATIONAL CRISIS DUE TO VIOLENCE ABOARD GAZA AID FLOTILLA

Now is the time for Christians to show Israel unconditional love and unwavering support.

By Joel C. Rosenberg

(Washington, D.C., June 1, 2010) -- Israel is being bombarded with lies, false and unfair allegations and sheer anti-Semitic assaults. The U.S. is doing precious little to defend its most faithful ally in the Middle East, but this is the precise moment for followers of Jesus Christ to show unconditional love and unwavering support for the Jewish State amidst this brutal onslaught.

The Israeli Defense Forces had every right to defend themselves and their country from the brutal and premeditated attacks of terrorists and left-wing anti-Israel activists, and it is unconscionable for world leaders to act otherwise.

Here's the background of what happened: Israeli is facing a new international crisis after a spasm of violence aboard Turkish-flagged boats filled with some 600 activists from the Middle East and Europe that were heading for Gaza as part of a "Gaza aid flotilla." French, Danish and Israelis sources said some of the Turkish-backed left-wing activists had connections to terrorist organizations, including al-Qaeda and Hamas. The Israeli government had made it clear in advance that the six boats would not be allowed to enter Gaza directly but would have to bring any humanitarian aid they carried to be bringing through Israeli ports. Israeli commandos ordered the boats to stop, but the flotilla refused. The Israelis then forced the boats to stop and boarded them in part to determine if the activists were trying to smuggle weapons into Gaza. The commandos were then attacked by the activists and the Israelis defended themselves. At least 10 activists were killed and several more were wounded. At least 5 Israeli commandos were wounded, as well.

"They [the Israeli soldiers] were mobbed, they were clubbed, they were beaten, stabbed, there was even a report of gunfire. And our soldiers had to defend themselves," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said. "Our policy was and will continue to be that Israel would let humanitarian aid, any kind of goods that are meant for peace, to the civilian population of Gaza….We have no problems with the people of Gaza. We do have a conflict with the terrorist regime of Hamas, supported by Iran. We want to maintain a situation where we prevent weapons and war materials from coming into Gaza, and allowing humanitarian aid to go to the population of Gaza." [More details on the weblog -- http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/]
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

mojo Guest
    WE know this is all in prophesy.........and what happens will happen. Personnaly I wish we had a different leader during this time, which is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Israelis fully expect an all out attack this summer. Netanyahu is possibly the only one with the B____s to stand up to the world now and my prayers are with him. It is not a good situation and is getting worse.

4. I left the church years ago because there were some things I never understood about Christianity. Could someone answer these for me?

1) If God loves us and is all-powerful, why does he allow us to go to hell? He should be able to stop that if he's omnipotent and truly does love us.
    2) Why would God create himself into a human (Jesus) just to get himself killed so that we could be blessed in his name? In other words, why would God have to have himself killed in order to save all of us from something that he created himself? It makes no sense.
    3) Why does God need to be worshiped? Is he egotistical? Is there a point to it?
    4) Why do we need to pray? Doesn't God know what we're thinking at all times?
    5) Why are there so many contradictions in the Bible? In one passage, God will be telling the Jews to slaughter their enemies. In another, God says that murder is wrong. There are many more examples of this.
    6) Why is God warlike and angry in the Old Testament and then very loving in the New Testament? That's a complete 180.
    7) Why does God experience anger and sadness? Isn't he supposed to be beyond human emotion?
    8) Is there really a reason why God doesn't show himself to us? Is there a point to him hiding himself?
    9) If God provides for his children, why do churches need money?
    10) What was God doing before he created the Earth?
    11) Why would God create the Earth just to destroy it again?
    12) Let's say there's an untouched tribe of people in Africa, South America, the South Pacific, or somewhere else remote. They've probably never had the opportunity to hear of Jesus Christ. Does that mean they're automatically going to Hell?
    13) What are people who are too mentally disabled to make a conscious decision to accept Christ?

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but these are some legitimate questions I've always had that no one could provide a logical answer to. I left the church after realizing that I didn't actually believe in any of it.

They knew exactly what would happen they forced the fight and they got what they were looking for. I doubt that Israel would have stopped the ships if they new that the boats did not have any weapons stowed away on the boats.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    I left the church years ago because there were some things I never understood about Christianity. Could someone answer these for me?

1) If God loves us and is all-powerful, why does he allow us to go to hell? He should be able to stop that if he's omnipotent and truly does love us.
    The only thing God hates is SIN if you are not covered in the blood of Jesus and have him as your personal savior then you are sin. God gives everybody the chance to be saved. God is not a dictator he has given man a freewill to do as we please.
    2) Why would God create himself into a human (Jesus) just to get himself killed so that we could be blessed in his name? In other words, why would God have to have himself killed in order to save all of us from something that he created himself? It makes no sense.
    3) Why does God need to be worshiped? Is he egotistical? Is there a point to it?

2-4 deal with faith in the unseen God does not want humans to be like the angels to worship him becaue that's what they were created for, man on the other hand was created to be a partner with God free and equal.
    5) Why are there so many contradictions in the Bible? In one passage, God will be telling the Jews to slaughter their enemies. In another, God says that murder is wrong. There are many more examples of this.
    What contradictions? In the old testamnet people were bond by the law in the New testament the law was made viod.
    6) Why is God warlike and angry in the Old Testament and then very loving in the New Testament? That's a complete 180.
    7) Why does God experience anger and sadness? Isn't he supposed to be beyond human emotion?
    8) Is there really a reason why God doesn't show himself to us? Is there a point to him hiding himself?

Again we go back to the word faith he does not want robots if he did he would have just created angels and nothing else.
    God does provide but the church is to far into the world to have faith in God to provide.
    12) Let's say there's an untouched tribe of people in Africa, South America, the South Pacific, or somewhere else remote. They've probably never had the opportunity to hear of Jesus Christ. Does that mean they're automatically going to Hell?
    People will be given thew chance to except Jesus as their savior, Just as those who had died before Jesus first appeared on earth.

13) What are people who are too mentally disabled to make a conscious decision to accept Christ?

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but these are some legitimate questions I've always had that no one could provide a logical answer to. I left the church after realizing that I didn't actually believe in any of it.
    You only sin when you know that what you are doing is wrong and still do it.

I left the church years ago because there were some things I never understood about Christianity. Could someone answer these for me?

If you had stayed in church you wouldn't have to be asking these questions today. Find a church that teaches the Bible chapter by chapter, verse by verse, precept upon precept. Join a Bible study, read the Bible, study the Bible, get a Strong's concordance. Seek and you will find, when you seek with all your heart. That's the only way you will find the answers. If you don't believe then you will have no faith,and you will gain nothing. Good luck.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    If you had stayed in church you wouldn't have to be asking these questions today. Find a church that teaches the Bible chapter by chapter, verse by verse, precept upon precept. Join a Bible study, read the Bible, study the Bible, get a Strong's concordance. Seek and you will find, when you seek with all your heart. That's the only way you will find the answers. If you don't believe then you will have no faith,and you will gain nothing. Good luck.
    +1 -- great answer and wonderful advice, Ringo! The fact that you are asking questions, Midnight, tells me that you have a hunger. Jesus said, "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled" Matthew 5:6. He also said, "Ask and it shall be given you; seek and ye shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you." Matthew 7:7. When we're earnestly searching for God's "truth", He rewards us with His wisdom...and that can only be found through diligent Bible study.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

9. I do have a hunger. I would love for nothing more than knowing there's a place for all of us waiting for when we die. It does not bring happiness to me to have the best conclusion in my mind being that life promptly ends once we physically die. However, I've already read the Bible cover to cover (really) and haven't been able to reach any real logical conclusion about it besides it being a large work of opinions, stories, ethics, and interpretations. I believe religion is a great resource for morals and upbringing of families.

But I must be honest, even if I were to worship the Lord tomorrow, these questions that I asked will still linger in the back of my mind. I can't help that. And I won't be able to stop thinking about them until my questions are answered. Is there anyone who can give me some direct answers?

I do have a hunger Is there anyone who can give me some direct answers?
    This is the best I can do for you.

TO EVERY MAN AN ANSWER - To Every Man An Answer :: Home Or www.csnradio.com- for the radio station near you.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

i found Jesus

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast