WHERE will it end?!? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WHERE will it end?!?

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    ok.......so what will they do with.........to, too, two? or, by, buy, or bow, bough, hmmmmmmmmoh nevermind, I answered my own question, they dont know the damn difference in them anyway!!!
    You hit it dead center, mojo...and it's very sad. The dumbing down of our culture is what brought us to this sorry state in the first place. As society gets dumber, the progressives will get happier and the Puppetmasters will have a captive audience. Except the audience will be clueless that they are the puppets in the worldwide drama!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

people are idiots. thats about as lame as protesting the new immigration law in AZ.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

you might find some interesting answers on the following.

The Decay Of Education In The West
    (Circa 2000)
    The decay of education in the West
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    you might find some interesting answers on the following.

The Decay Of Education In The West
    (Circa 2000)
    The decay of education in the West
    Thanks for the link, HK. It's a real education on what's wrong with "education"!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

JSDinTexas Guest

The Dumb get Dummer

It is one thing to help people raise their quality of life, and I'm all for that. But it's something else to lower the bar so some schmuck can get by without putting out any effort - and this is happening not only in education but in many other areas of our lives.
    Education is not where they learn anymore, it's where they are amused so they stay in class and the school district can collect the federal $$$.

Well in Texas we would say this is total she-it. That's right, it's a two syllable word here. They probably don't know what syllables are either. But because of regional dialects we would get some awfully funny words and nobody would know what we were saying to each other.

For instance, I was recently stopped by a Texas LEO and he asked "Got any ID?" And I said" 'bout what"'.
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

wolfhunter Guest
    In his book "Friday", Heinlein mentions a California that issues a Driver's License to all residents at age 16, H.S. diploma at 18, and a Bachelor's degree at age 21, because NOT having these was hurting people's chance at employment. They viewed it as discrimination to actually determine that someone had or had not learned that material.

Quote Originally Posted by dvnfly View Post
    My cousin became a teacher this school year, middle school, and she has got into arguments with students about spelling works in text format are not proper english. The students didn't see what they did wrong.
    And therein lies much of the problem...many (most?) of these kids don't recognize that text abbreviations are not actually acceptable writing forms for general correspondence. I expect that some poor kid in her first real job (not flipping burgers) is going to find herself having to correspond with a customer or a client and be viewed with ridicule or contempt because of her spelling and/or grammar.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

wolfhunter Guest

From a teacher in Florida

This is a subject close to my heart.

Do you know that we have adult students at the school where I teach who are NOT U.S. citizens and who get the PELL Grant, which is a federal grant (no payback required) plus other federal grants to go to school?

One student from the Dominican Republic told me that she didn't want me to find a job for her after she finished my program, because she was getting housing from our housing department and she was getting a PELL Grant which paid for her total tuition and books, plus money leftover.

She was looking into WAIT which gives students a CREDIT CARD for gas to come to school, and into CARIBE which is a special program (check it out - I did) for immigrants and it pays for child care and all sorts of needs while they go to school or training. The one student I just mentioned told me she was not going to be a U.S. Citizen because she plans to return to the Dominican Republic someday and that she 'loves HER country.'

I asked her if she felt guilty taking what the U.S. is giving her and then not even bothering to become a citizen and she told me that it doesn't bother her, because that is what the money is there for!

I asked the CARIBE administration about their program and if you ARE a U.S. citizen, you don't qualify for their program. And all the while, I am working a full day, my son-in-law works more than 60 hours a week, and everyone in my family works and pays for our education.

Something is wrong here. I am sorry, but after hearing that they want to sing the National Anthem in Spanish - enough is enough. That's a real slap in the face. It was written by Francis Scott Key and should be sung word for word the way it was written. The news broadcasts even gave the translation -- not even close.

I don't care whether this offends someone or not but this is MY COUNTRY. IF IT IS YOUR COUNTRY SPEAK UP -- please pass this along. I am not against immigration -- I just expect immigrants to come through like everyone else. Get a sponsor; have a place to lay your head; have a job; pay your taxes, live by the rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other immigrants have in the past -- and GOD BLESS AMERICA!

So...not to put too fine a point on it...you're saying we're a bunch of saps. I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    This is a subject close to my heart.

Do you know that we have adult students at the school where I teach who are NOT U.S. citizens and who get the PELL Grant, which is a federal grant (no payback required) plus other federal grants to go to school?

One student from the Dominican Republic told me that she didn't want me to find a job for her after she finished my program, because she was getting housing from our housing department and she was getting a PELL Grant which paid for her total tuition and books, plus money leftover.

She was looking into WAIT which gives students a CREDIT CARD for gas to come to school, and into CARIBE which is a special program (check it out - I did) for immigrants and it pays for child care and all sorts of needs while they go to school or training. The one student I just mentioned told me she was not going to be a U.S. Citizen because she plans to return to the Dominican Republic someday and that she 'loves HER country.'

I asked her if she felt guilty taking what the U.S. is giving her and then not even bothering to become a citizen and she told me that it doesn't bother her, because that is what the money is there for!

I asked the CARIBE administration about their program and if you ARE a U.S. citizen, you don't qualify for their program. And all the while, I am working a full day, my son-in-law works more than 60 hours a week, and everyone in my family works and pays for our education.

Something is wrong here. I am sorry, but after hearing that they want to sing the National Anthem in Spanish - enough is enough. That's a real slap in the face. It was written by Francis Scott Key and should be sung word for word the way it was written. The news broadcasts even gave the translation -- not even close.

I don't care whether this offends someone or not but this is MY COUNTRY. IF IT IS YOUR COUNTRY SPEAK UP -- please pass this along. I am not against immigration -- I just expect immigrants to come through like everyone else. Get a sponsor; have a place to lay your head; have a job; pay your taxes, live by the rules AND LEARN THE LANGUAGE as all other immigrants have in the past -- and GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast