WHERE will it end?!?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WHERE will it end?!?

WHERE will it end?!?

Anybody care to hazard a guess as to the roots of THIS particular protest??

Protesting ENGLISH!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Anybody care to hazard a guess as to the roots of THIS particular protest??

Protesting ENGLISH!
    I be thinkin' bout it, but I be stumped, Mr. Ektarr. Cud u gib me a hint? I wud reely appr...apprecat...appreci... sheeit...I wud reely like it!
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

That's not surprising the way schools teach and texting is ok in class...
    Semper Fi

Well, as I posted in the comments section for the article, at least they can't simplify the spelling of "TWIT" any further!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32° & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

mojo Guest
    a rose by any other name.........then again so is a dumb-ass!!

Another reason why I hate cell phones and text messaging. Text-ese seems to have become the new English. Not everything in life is phonetic! My employer would never allow as many personal telephone calls to be made, as there are text messages made on the clock. One is wrong and the other is not? The art of letter writing is dying, if not dead. Every language has its complications. Put forth a little effort to learn it in the correct manner. Language is culture. What does that say about our culture and people who just want to pare English down to almost nothing?

Thanks for the old-fashioned vent.

I'm a member of the Organizashun fore thuh Rektifikashun uv Eenglish Orthagrafee.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

A plan for the improvement of spelling in the English language
    By Mark Twain
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For example, in Year 1 that useless letter "c" would be dropped to be replased either by "k" or "s", and likewise "x" would no longer be part of the alphabet. The only kase in which "c" would be retained would be the "ch" formation, which will be dealt with later. Year 2 might reform "w" spelling, so that "which" and "one" would take the same konsonant, wile Year 3 might well abolish "y" replasing it with "i" and iear 4 might fiks the "g/j" anomali wonse and for all.

Generally, then, the improvement would kontinue iear bai iear with iear 5 doing awai with useless double konsonants, and iears 6-12 or so modifaiing vowlz and the rimeiniing voist and unvoist konsonants. Bai iear 15 or sou, it wud fainali bi posibl tu meik ius ov thi ridandant letez "c", "y" and "x"— bai now jast a memori in the maindz ov ould doderez —tu riplais "ch", "sh", and "th" rispektivili.

Fainali, xen, aafte sam 20 iers ov orxogrefkl riform, wi wud hev a lojikl, kohirnt speling in ius xrewawt xe Ingliy-spiking werld.

mojo Guest
    ok.......so what will they do with.........to, too, two? or, by, buy, or bow, bough, hmmmmmmmmoh nevermind, I answered my own question, they dont know the damn difference in them anyway!!!

My cousin became a teacher this school year, middle school, and she has got into arguments with students about spelling works in text format are not proper english. The students didn't see what they did wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast