Guns for Butter? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guns for Butter?

wolfhunter Guest
    For the MSRP on a Wilson Combat 1911, you could get A LOT of $50 grocery store gift cards to trade.

I don't really think that Austin is a city in Texas. Oh, I know it's the capital, but it's like being in a "brain-free" zone. How the hell did Texas ever let Austin exist? There's Texas, and then, there's Austin. I would think that Texans would be ashamed to see the "TX" on the end of the city.

Secretly, I think someone from San Francisco sneaked in and took over Austin.
    -= Piece Corps =-

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    I don't really think that Austin is a city in Texas. Oh, I know it's the capital, but it's like being in a "brain-free" zone. How the hell did Texas ever let Austin exist? There's Texas, and then, there's Austin. I would think that Texans would be ashamed to see the "TX" on the end of the city.

Secretly, I think someone from San Francisco sneaked in and took over Austin.
    Piece Corps - Answer is the history of the 1700s led to it, but I'll bet you know that.
    HK4U - yeah, I was thinking about going down and standing in the parking lot with $200 in hand, but the local cops were out in force that day, and I am sure anyone interferring with their deal would have suffered some grief.

Keep Austin Weird is their slogan, and it is practiced for sure - and if anyone wants to see what liberal govt does to a society, this is the place - only major city with no loop, 2 Bdr 30 yr old house $300,000, gas is 10 cents higher because they had too many ozone days - don't get me started

And if one of these so-called tolerant liberals doesn't get their way, they protest by flying a plane into a building and killing some poor smuck that had nothing to do with it.

I don't live in Austin nor even in Travis county now, and I thank God every day for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    Piece Corps - Answer is the history of the 1700s led to it, but I'll bet you know that.
    HK4U - yeah, I was thinking about going down and standing in the parking lot with $200 in hand, but the local cops were out in force that day, and I am sure anyone interferring with their deal would have suffered some grief.

Keep Austin Weird is their slogan, and it is practiced for sure - and if anyone wants to see what liberal govt does to a society, this is the place - only major city with no loop, 2 Bdr 30 yr old house $300,000, gas is 10 cents higher because they had too many ozone days - don't get me started

And if one of these so-called tolerant liberals doesn't get their way, they protest by flying a plane into a building and killing some poor smuck that had nothing to do with it.

I don't live in Austin nor even in Travis county now, and I thank God every day for it.
    I have some in laws that moved from Dallas county to Pflugerville about 15 or so years ago. When they did it was a small community but now it seems to have been almost swallowed up by Austin and it is hard to tell when you leave one and enter the other.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I have some in laws that moved from Dallas county to Pflugerville about 15 or so years ago. When they did it was a small community but now it seems to have been almost swallowed up by Austin and it is hard to tell when you leave one and enter the other.
    Yeah, came back from Arlington Friday nite, traffic starts piling up around Sun City on IH35 which is above Georgetown.

I'm ashamed to admit that I have a brother and sister-in-law living in Austin. The only reason they live there is because she works for Dell. Dell found them a house, paid all moving expenses (from South Florida) and gave her a very nice salary. They mostly keep to themselves, but claim that there is some fine eating in the area.
    -= Piece Corps =-

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    I'm ashamed to admit that I have a brother and sister-in-law living in Austin. The only reason they live there is because she works for Dell. Dell found them a house, paid all moving expenses (from South Florida) and gave her a very nice salary. They mostly keep to themselves, but claim that there is some fine eating in the area.
    With my vitriol against Austin, and I can't say enough bad about the place, I do realize that some do come from the outside and they mostly continue to be Americans.

Not weasling here, but I do come back to some level of reality occasionally

JSDinTexas Guest
    And if you want to see it for yourself, check out this site - a sub category of Texas Gun Talk
    Guns for Groceries

If I were set up and fixed for stable income, I could see doing a civilian guns for groceries program. All firearms must be in operable condition with all serial numbers clearly discernable. Delivery of the firearms would be made to my home in the country where I'll have a firing range set up to remotely test the operation of each firearm. Once a firearm is accepted by me, a receipt would be written up and given to the person who would go to another location to receive $50 cash from me. This receipt would also count as a legal bill of sale.

All firearms accepted would be cleaned and serviced as needed and added to my personal collection. None would be turned over to any police agency save by a search warrant with specific features of the firearm, such as serial number.

No non-firearms. No non-operable firearms. No unidentifiable firearms.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

11. I'm Wondering

Do the police keep records of who turned in which gun? I also wonder how many people will break into homes to steal guns in order to turn them in?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast