I wonder what is happening here? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: I wonder what is happening here?

  1. #11
    Guess we will have to wait until Nov. to see if the voters have short memories.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Perhaps the country is not angry enough? Not sure what to make of this... Any input from people in these states would be appreciated.

    Anti-Incumbent Rage Abates in Primary with Lincoln Win - Yahoo! News

    Peace...
    Something's happening here
    What it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    Telling me I got to beware

    It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound?
    Everybody look what's goin' down...

    For the old-timers...What song? Who did it? When?
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  4. #13
    wolfhunter Guest
    "For What It's Worth" by Buffalo Springfield

  5. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Something's happening here
    What it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    Telling me I got to beware

    It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound?
    Everybody look what's goin' down...

    For the old-timers...What song? Who did it? When?
    For What It's Worth | Reason to Rock

    YouTube- Buffalo Springfield - For What Its Worth (good sound quality!)
    Last edited by ricbak; 06-11-2010 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Changed link to You Tube
    Semper Fi

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    "For What It's Worth" by Buffalo Springfield
    Ahh...you are correct...but what year, grasshopper?
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Something's happening here
    What it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    Telling me I got to beware

    It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound?
    Everybody look what's goin' down...

    For the old-timers...What song? Who did it? When?
    1967 For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield, Written by Stephen Stills Produced by Charles Greene and Brian Stone

    War Protest Song...

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  8. #17
    You guys are good.

    Just cause it's fun (and Lord knows I need the distraction right now), what other well-known musicians played in the group besides Steven Stills?
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    1967 For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield, Written by Stephen Stills Produced by Charles Greene and Brian Stone

    War Protest Song...
    I could not remember if it was '67 or '68. I had to go looking. Yes, It was a Protest Tune common in the later '60's. There are some that try to relate this to the Kent State Massacre which was May '70. Song out long before Kent State.
    Semper Fi

  10. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    You guys are good.

    Just cause it's fun (and Lord knows I need the distraction right now), what other well-known musicians played in the group besides Steven Stills?

    Richie Furay
    Dewey Martin
    Jim Messina
    Stephen Stills
    Neil Young
    Bruce Palmer

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    I could not remember if it was '67 or '68. I had to go looking. Yes, It was a Protest Tune common in the later '60's. There are some that try to relate this to the Kent State Massacre which was May '70. Song out long before Kent State.
    I thought it was 1969.

    What goes around comes around, I guess. I still play a lot of that music today (amazing to me that college kids love it). Funny how a lot of the songs seem to address what's going on now. The lefties then were all about freedom. What the hell happened to 'em?

    Bo, I hadn't made you out to be a CSNY-type fan.

    I do remember that some of the most avid anti-Nam war types I knew by about 1970/71 were in-country vets. They came back telling us what a sh#thole it was and how the policiticans were using soldiers as cannon-fodder, that there was no political will to win. Many of us were talked out of enlisting by vets.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A look into the liberal playbook
    By bigrebnc1861 in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 08:10 PM
  2. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 05:25 PM
  3. March 2nd has Arrived - Links to What is happening at SCOTUS
    By golocx4 in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 08:39 AM
  4. More info about what is happening in our country
    By HK4U in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 12:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast