I wonder what is happening here? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I wonder what is happening here?

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Perhaps the country is not angry enough? Not sure what to make of this... Any input from people in these states would be appreciated.

Anti-Incumbent Rage Abates in Primary with Lincoln Win - Yahoo! News

Peace...
    Someone has misinformed the report from yahoo. The rage is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I thought it was 1969.

What goes around comes around, I guess. I still play a lot of that music today (amazing to me that college kids love it). Funny how a lot of the songs seem to address what's going on now. The lefties then were all about freedom. What the hell happened to 'em?

Bo, I hadn't made you out to be a CSNY-type fan.

I do remember that some of the most avid anti-Nam war types I knew by about 1970/71 were in-country vets. They came back telling us what a sh#thole it was and how the policiticans were using soldiers as cannon-fodder, that there was no political will to win. Many of us were talked out of enlisting by vets.
    Don't Remember Hanoi Jane Fonda & John Kerry ?

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Don't Remember Hanoi Jane Fonda & John Kerry ?
    I do remember Hanoi Jane but not Kerry. And the vets I talked to were cousins and friends who served honorably, didn't lie about their service, and whose opinions I respected.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

wolfhunter Guest
    Can I plead "Youth" for not remember the year the song was released? I was 6.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Can I plead "Youth" for not remember the year the song was released? I was 6.
    I kinda had the general impression that you weren't my age. Ya did good, youngster.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

I was born in 1967. Stuck in the traffic jam in upstate NY in Aug 1969.

My father had finished his service in the US Army in late 1963 from what I recall he said. He missed going to Vietnam, but knew some guys who went.

1967 was a good year for music (OK that depends on taste). The Doors released their first album, Jefferson Airplane released Surrealistic Pillow, The Beatles released Sgt. Pepper's and Cream released Disraeli Gears... It was the Summer of Love..

Flash forward 43 years... The only good music I can hear lately is some country artists. Oh well, The times they are a changing...

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    The only good music I can hear lately is some country artists. Oh well, The times they are a changing...

Peace...
    I play all of my country music backwards, that way I get my wife back, my house back, my truck back, my dog back, my...
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I play all of my country music backwards, that way I get my wife back, my house back, my truck back, my dog back, my...
    "I was drunk the day that Mama got out of prison...I picked her up in my old pickup truck...She got run over by a damned ol' train..." Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    "I was drunk the day that Mama got out of prison...I picked her up in my old pickup truck...She got run over by a damned ol' train..." Good stuff.
    Yep, there's only two kinds of music I like today..country & western!
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123