Disarming America behind our backs! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disarming America behind our backs!

This is simple, the government cannot make a treaty that infringes on anything in the Bill of Rights.

It is not a power enumerated by the Constitution, therefore, it should not hold up in the Supreme Court.

If it does hold up? Cock and lock ladies and gentlemen, it's time.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    This is simple, the government cannot make a treaty that infringes on anything in the Bill of Rights.

It is not a power enumerated by the Constitution, therefore, it should not hold up in the Supreme Court.

If it does hold up? Cock and lock ladies and gentlemen, it's time.
    Word!

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    My understanding is that no treaty overrides COTUS. Maybe they are counting on the sheeple not knowing this. At any rate I will consider this an act of war on the American people. Just a backdoor attempt to destroy this country.
    I thought I had heard that the constitution said that any treaty entered into by us was considered binding and became law of the land...I can't find a refrence now to back that up...any bigger brains out there know if this is true?

OK, this is a lentghy read, but rather interesitng Treaties as Law of the Land - United States Constitution

It looks like the treaties are law of the land, but it also looks like Congress can repeal treaties, at which time the invovled parties can engaged in negotiations and reclamations, including war..... so either way, sounds like it could get interesting

JSDinTexas Guest
    Come and Take It!

wolfhunter Guest
    As I understand it, a treaty must be signed by the president and ratified by 2/3 of the Senate before it has bearing on US law. The Kyoto protocol was signed by Clinton, but never ratified by the Senate. In effect, his signature placated those desiring greenhouse gas controls, without ACTUALLY doing anything.

Normally the 2/3 vote requirement would be a big restriction on ratification of treaties, but our current Senate is a whole 'nother story.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    As I understand it, a treaty must be signed by the president and ratified by 2/3 of the Senate before it has bearing on US law. The Kyoto protocol was signed by Clinton, but never ratified by the Senate. In effect, his signature placated those desiring greenhouse gas controls, without ACTUALLY doing anything.

Normally the 2/3 vote requirement would be a big restriction on ratification of treaties, but our current Senate is a whole 'nother story.
    Exactly wolfhunter. I would put nothing past that group of traitors in D.C.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

9. The Small Arms Treaty is not even written yet much less negotiated. The U.S. is stipulating any talks must have single country veto before we will become involved. The actual treaty talks will be held in 2012. Interestingly enough, alot of things are suppose to happen in 2012. The current hypocrite in chief getting kicked under the bus, the end of the Mayan calendar, an electromagnetic storm from the sun wiping out all electronics, the Apocalypse, cats and dogs living together, Mass Hysteria!!

Initial talks are going on in 2010 and 2011 and the US can pull out at any time. Do i think that Obama will? No? Instead of getting worked up about something 2 years in the future, lets concentrate on current stuff, like the long gun registry in Kalifornia and the ongoing repression of the 2A in Chicago NYC and other places.

YMMV
    Lweson
    Last edited by Lweson; 06-13-2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: signature not checked
    Three percent of people are sociopaths and psychotic. Not alot right? With a population of 350 million thats over 10 million people in the US! I think I am going to need more Ammo!

wolfhunter Guest
    Lweson, You're right. The Small Arms Treaty draft has been around at least three years that I know of. But instead of getting "worked up" to get our congress-critters set against this, let's ignore it until the draft is finalized, signed and 40-50% of our Congress have been duped into supporting it. THEN we can start rallying and complaining that Congress doesn't listen to "We the People".

When are "We The People" going to put some teeth in the Oath our elected officials take to protect the Constitution of the United States Of America? If we don't hold these people accountable, shame on us. This should be a bigger issue.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast