Arizona Illegals Already Appear to be Exiting - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arizona Illegals Already Appear to be Exiting

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    Thanks for contributing those Greyhound tickets, jibbster. We owe ya!

As for Virginia, we have "sanctuary" cities in this State. Virginia Beach is one of them. A couple of years ago, an illegal from Mexico was driving without a license...ran a red light...slammed into another car killing two teenage girls. Don't know if it's even come up for trial yet!

It MUST be a prerequisite that if an individual is running for public office (local, State and Federal) that they have to be legally insane. That's the only explanation for all of these crazy policies nationwide.
    Ya know...when I was imprisoned (ok, living) in Kalifornia, they had these sanctuary cities... I don't get it.. shows the libs mindset..you have a municipal government thumbing it's nose at State and Federal law, and no one seems to give a flip. Housing and protecting illegals, ok.... letting a citizen exercise their constitutional right, not OK, unless it happens to be a right that dovetails into one of their whacko programs

Got this in an email sometime back... I figure it supports the topic at hand, I do not know of the accuracy's of the figures used, but I think they were just to illustrate a point...

Joe Legal vs. Jose Illegal

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California .

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash per hour "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention...

Income

========

- Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax.

- Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes.

Joe Legal now has $31,231.00. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Expenses

========

Medical and Dental Insurance

- Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year.

- Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year.

Joe Legal now has $24,031.00. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Groceries

- Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year.

- Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps and welfare.

Joe Legal now has $18,031.00. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Rent

- Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year.

- Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year.

Joe Legal now has $9,631.00.

Insurance

- Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for insurance.

- Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!"

Joe Legal now has $7,231.00. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Misc. Expenses

- Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.

- Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.

Family Time

- Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

- Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

School Lunches

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school.

- Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches.

- Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch

After School Programs

- Joe Legal's children go home after school.

- Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program.

Community Services

- Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jibbster View Post
    Maybe it's all them Greyhound tickets from Arizona to San Francisco that I sent down there

Kalifornia doesn't surprise me, and let them head on over and quicken the downfall of that state... Virginia is a new one to me... what attracts them there?
    Mom's home cooking?

A local TV station interviewed a hispanic family (an illegal couple with 12 kids) right after the bill was signed. They had just packed up their Suburban and were headed for Colorado to live. The reporter also interviewed a landlord who said he had several houses vacated because of the bill.

My neighbor has relatives in Washington who said some of them are showing up there.

6. Quote Originally Posted by reb55 View Post
    My neighbor has relatives in Washington who said some of them are showing up there.
    Eastern Washington state is very agricultural and migrant farm workers are fairly common. How many are illegal aliens, I'm not sure. It's not all of them, but certainly some companies will do wages cash under the table.

send them all back where they came from.. if they want to be here there is a right way to do it... in fact.. some one close in my family now had to do it the right way last year. it's such bull crap that some want these illegals to automatically become legal when they entered the wrong way.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    ...Immigration and Customs Enforcement would continue to accept referrals from Arizona. John Morton said the decision would be made "on a case-by-case basis in light of our resources and in light of our priorities.
    I thought this was basically the root of the problem to begin with.

Oh Noes! Being an Illegal Immigrant is now a crime!

Wait... Illegal:
    Il = not
    Legal = per the law

so...being "not-per the law" is now a crime!

Wasn't it a crime in the first place? I love how I'm supposed to feel sorry for a criminal.
    Taurus PT92
    17+1 9mm

As soon as the bleeding hearts figure out they are a drain on the system maybe they will come around to the state of Arizona's way of thinking, OR...send them to California where they are boycotting the state of Arizona for their fine law.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Will Rogers 1897-1935

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    After the rest of the states pass their "Anti-Illegals" Laws and the last wetback goes home, maybe they'll take our "Alien-in-Chief" with them. Quite frankly, I'm getting damned tired of reading about, and talking to American's looking for work so some employer can hire cheap illegal labor. We have 20-25 million illegals living and working in this country. They strain our wellfare dollars, our healthcare system, our schools, and they have put millions of true Americans out of work... The last two Presidents have wanted "Amnesty" for this leaches! I say; no way! If their not natural-born or naturalized American, then do like President Eisenhower did in 1954 - round them up, and ship them back across the border in cattle cars...
    I agree 100%. Three problems here - our own government, American employers looking for cheap labor, and a boarder without a machine gun nest every three hundred yards or so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast