Is the NRA Still Worth Supporting? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is the NRA Still Worth Supporting?

Quote Originally Posted by HK4 View Post
    Nevada can do much better. They need to elect someone who supports the whole constitution. A real patriot.
    Good Luck.
    ~ HEAVEN Has A Wall And A Strict Immigration Policy - HELL Has Open Borders ~

That said, if the NRA doesn't stop calling me for money every Saturday while my baby is asleep I'm going to look for another group to support.[/QUOTE]

To me, the NRA is acting like the preacher that sermons about giving money to the church EVERY Sunday. After a while, you start to wonder if he's there for the message, or the money.

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    That said, if the NRA doesn't stop calling me for money every Saturday while my baby is asleep I'm going to look for another group to support.
    To me, the NRA is acting like the preacher that sermons about giving money to the church EVERY Sunday. After a while, you start to wonder if he's there for the message, or the money.
    I'm in the AMEN corner on that comment, Gov.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

5. I've begun to seriously question my membership in the NRA. Their back-room deal-making with the Democrats on the DISCLOSE Act has me incensed.

If you're a NRA member, you may want to consider sending them something along these lines:

As I sit at my desk to compose this communication, I'm looking at a recent letter from Wayne LaPierre asking me to pay the remaining balance of my Easy Pay Life Membership in full to help the NRA in its fight to protect our Second Amendment rights.

Apparently, Mr. LaPierre and the rest of the NRA leadership have decided that my other inalienable rights, such as freedom of speech, are not worth protecting and only the Second Amendment rights of NRA members are worth protecting. Apparently, only the NRA's right to freedom of speech is to be protected.

Suffice to say, I am gravely disturbed by the NRA's deal-making with Democrat legislators on the DISCLOSE Act.

At this point, I do not plan to pay my EPL balance in full and I am seriously considering canceling my membership entirely. I've spoken to dozens of other NRA members who all feel the same way. If you follow through with your current course of action you can fully expect a major drop in membership!

Convince me to remain a member. Return the the staunch leadership position you have taken in the past and stop making back-room deals with gun-hating Democrats!
    The feedback form is here: https://secure.nraila.org/Contact.aspx

I pay the NRA to protect and defend my 2A rights. Reid is getting repaid for pro 2A votes. this support was promised him and every other pro 2A candidate regardless of party, we all need to decide which lever to pull. I personally will never ever vote Democrat. I spent 14 years in a building trades union where they would steal $1 every hour and give it to scumbags like Chucky and Hellary that's $40 per week without O.T. some weeks I worked 80 they took $80 they called it a political victory fund. I called it extortion! that made me give more to the NRA but matching the funds was impossible. This is the kind of funding our funding has to fight every hour every day.

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    That said, if the NRA doesn't stop calling me for money every Saturday while my baby is asleep I'm going to look for another group to support.
    To me, the NRA is acting like the preacher that sermons about giving money to the church EVERY Sunday. After a while, you start to wonder if he's there for the message, or the money.[/QUOTE]

If the NRA stops raising money, all legislative battles grind to a halt!

To work the political races nationwide, it takes an enormous amount of funding.

I do recall, last time I was an annual member, there was a box to check to stop getting funding requests.

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Mudinyeri View Post
    I've begun to seriously question my membership in the NRA. Their back-room deal-making with the Democrats on the DISCLOSE Act has me incensed.

If you're a NRA member, you may want to consider sending them something along these lines:

The feedback form is here: https://secure.nraila.org/Contact.aspx
    If you think you could do the job better, start your own organization!

You might find out that you too will need to start a large scale fund raising plan, meet legislators, play your best hand with the cards on the table, and...you know, you might look just like them.

Since you can't do it any better, and it doesn't appear you any better ideas, you just sound like an angry little kid who wants to pick up his toys and leave!

-Doc

Let's face it we're talking about a box of 380 ammo for a one year membership to help you keep your 2A rights. If you don't want them bothering you, tell them you already gave. 20-35 dollars per year is not much to pay for a LARGE VOICE on your behalf.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    If you think you could do the job better, start your own organization!

You might find out that you too will need to start a large scale fund raising plan, meet legislators, play your best hand with the cards on the table, and...you know, you might look just like them.

Since you can't do it any better, and it doesn't appear you any better ideas, you just sound like an angry little kid who wants to pick up his toys and leave!

-Doc
    Is your reductio ad Hitlerum argument next?

If the NRA is accepting special treatment under the Disclose Act (to the exclusion of every other 2A organization) AND endorsing Harry Reid (one of the unholy trinity) which will almost certainly garner Reid votes that he doesn't deserve, I consider this a betrayal of their membership AND the nation. This bears very close watching...VERY CLOSE watching!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast