Is the NRA Still Worth Supporting? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is the NRA Still Worth Supporting?

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    If the NRA is accepting special treatment under the Disclose Act (to the exclusion of every other 2A organization) AND endorsing Harry Reid (one of the unholy trinity) which will almost certainly garner Reid votes that he doesn't deserve, I consider this a betrayal of their membership AND the nation. This bears very close watching...VERY CLOSE watching!
    +1. This is not your grandfathers NRA.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    If you think you could do the job better, start your own organization!

You might find out that you too will need to start a large scale fund raising plan, meet legislators, play your best hand with the cards on the table, and...you know, you might look just like them.

Since you can't do it any better, and it doesn't appear you any better ideas, you just sound like an angry little kid who wants to pick up his toys and leave!

-Doc
    Doc, your statements read like you think the NRA is the only organization doing anything to protect the rights of gun owners and Americans. I am an American FIRST, who also likes to carry and shoot guns. The NRA is a single issue organization. They claim to be freedom oriented, but only seem to care about gun rights only. I want someone to fight for ALL my rights,not just the second amendment. If the NRA caves on another right o get the 2nd Amendment one protected, they haven't done me any favors. That's where you and I disagree.

That guy you told to start his own organization doesn't have to..there are many others to which he can contribute. You have fallen for the NRA hype that THEY only are the sole protector of your rights, and if you don't give to them, your gun toting days are OVER. Gosh, I hope you are smarter than that! If you aren't, it scares me to death that you have the right to vote.

The NRA has taken credit for a LOT of issues that the Grassroots organization has accomplished. So don't factor that in when you think about ALL they have done for you...was it all their own doing? Maybe not.

Finally, to answer your question about where else your money could go. ..and I'll even, for the sake a debate, exclude GOA, JPFO, and Grassroots. TRY the REPUBLICAN PARTY!!! They are a BIGGER LOBBYIST than the NRA ever could dream of being. the Republicans will fight for all your rights, not just the 2nd Amendment ones. So will the TEA PARTY! Although not a real Party, it is an influencing political ORGANIZATION. How about giving it some help? And please, please, THINK!!! When someone starts to toot their horn so loudly it's hard to hear anything else ( like the NRA does ), it should be a SIGNAL that they aren't doing all they could. For one, they should be spending that time and energy working for you, instead of tooting their horn. Secondly, if they spent that time and energy working for you, the results would be there for all to see, and they wouldn't need to toot their own horn!

It smacks of what the Government is doing too much of today. "Look at all we're doing for you. Send me more money ( read: taxes) so I can do EVEN more."

Sound familiar now?

4. My wife and I went to the Charlotte show, I was eager to drop a load in the NRA store. When we started looking around at all the items I notice most of the STUFF was made In China. It got me thinking that there was some hypocrisy here and chose not to but anything. What happen to supporting the AMERICAN made products, even if I had to pay more for it. Follow the money and you will find the corruption no matter what the cause. (maybe once in awhile there will be an exception)
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

5. Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    That guy you told to start his own organization doesn't have to..there are many others to which he can contribute. You have fallen for the NRA hype that THEY only are the sole protector of your rights, and if you don't give to them, your gun toting days are OVER. Gosh, I hope you are smarter than that! If you aren't, it scares me to death that you have the right to vote.
    Doc's ad hominem argument most likely gives us a glimpse into his thought processes. Arguing with him will prove pointless. He will most likely run through the remaining list of arguments based on logical fallacies and end up accusing you or me ... or anyone who doessn't 100% agree with him ... of causing the Holocaust, the Deep Horizon oil spill, hurricane Katrina and a host of other issues completely unrelated to the NRA-ILA's performance on this bill.

Here are a couple quotations that I think capture the NRA's actions on this issue:

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last."
    Winston Churchill

"If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately."
    Thomas Paine

Reid's past voting record on firearms, as shown below, may be the reason the NRA supports him but he would never get my vote for far to many other reasons.

* Voted YES on allowing firearms in checked baggage on Amtrak trains. (Apr 2009)
    * Voted YES on prohibiting foreign & UN aid that restricts US gun ownership. (Sep 2007)
    * Voted YES on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
    * Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)
    * Voted YES on background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
    * Voted NO on more penalties for gun & drug violations. (May 1999)
    * Voted NO on loosening license & background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
    * Voted YES on maintaining current law: guns sold without trigger locks. (Jul 1998)

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Reid's past voting record on firearms, as shown below, may be the reason the NRA supports him but he would never get my vote for far to many other reasons.

* Voted YES on allowing firearms in checked baggage on Amtrak trains. (Apr 2009)
    * Voted YES on prohibiting foreign & UN aid that restricts US gun ownership. (Sep 2007)
    * Voted YES on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
    * Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)
    * Voted YES on background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
    * Voted NO on more penalties for gun & drug violations. (May 1999)
    * Voted NO on loosening license & background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
    * Voted YES on maintaining current law: guns sold without trigger locks. (Jul 1998)
    IMO, Reid's voting reveals his confused thinking on 2A issues!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Wife & Mom View Post
    IMO, Reid's voting reveals his confused thinking on 2A issues!
    No confussion, he know exactly what he is doing.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

wolfhunter Guest
    Reid voted exactly as needed to keep support from both the NRA and the Liberals. A good tightrope act.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Reid voted exactly as needed to keep support from both the NRA and the Liberals. A good tightrope act.
    I think those NO votes were made when the NRA payoff check was late. LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    You're right, wolf. What a perceptive mind you have, My Friend!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast