Warning you are about to read the Constitution !

Thread: Warning you are about to read the Constitution !

Warning you are about to read the Constitution !

NOW WTF ?

GOPUSA The Loft Warning! You are about to read the U.S. Constitution

Everyone knows that political correctness has gone too far. Prepare a lesson for a class of 20, and if one student is offended, the lesson is canceled for the other 19. Construct a manger scene in public, and face "outrage" from the governing elite. The list goes on and on. But now, a publishing company has taken the absurd a step further by putting a warning label on their publications of historical documents such as the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. Is reading the Constitution now hazardous to our health?

As noted in a story on FoxNews.com, "Wilder Publications warns readers of its reprints of the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, Common Sense, the Articles of Confederation, and the Federalist Papers, among others, that 'This book is a product of its time and does not reflect the same values as it would if it were written today.'" Check out the disclaimer below:

That disclaimer was taken from Wilder's copy of "The Constitution, The Declaration of Independence, and The Articles of Confederation." The question to ask is why is this disclaimer even needed? Is the company so afraid of offending someone with the Constitution that it has to put up a warning?

One Amazon.com reviewer hit the nail on the head by writing:
    Really we need to have a disclaimer on our historic documents? The constitution is more important now than any other time in our nations history. I will check every book I purchase and ensure it is not published by Wilder Publications until they stop printing the constitution with a disclaimer.
    I agree. These documents form the basis of our country. The Constitution, AS WRITTEN, is the law of the land. (Or at least it should be.)
    Political correctness is out of control, and this example should really drive that point home. How about getting back to actually teaching American history and getting kids to thoroughly understand the Constitution? We'd all be in a much better place if we did.

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Warning! Reading the early documents of our country might cause you to have common sense.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Wow, what the **** is this country coming to? If our historic documents offend anyone, they might want to recheck and see where the hell they live. This is America, if you dont like this country get the hell out of it.
    What do people think when they add this stupid nonsense? Im supposed to fight for these idoits? I dont think so. Wilders Co. needs to pack its bags and close shop. Its OFFENSIVE to me to add this crap.......
    Were going down hill in a hurry, thanks to the "Politically Correctness" of the USSA now....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

This is just beyond words, what's next will we have to recite a disclaimer before we speak?

This is the E mail I had recieved from Wilder Publications.

"We never meant for our disclaimer to be taken as political commentary. The disclaimer is on more than 1,000 of our books. I am a liberal libertarian, but that's really beside the point. Wilder Publications only distributes this books. That's the only reason our name is on it. The actual publisher is A&D Books. The Publisher of A&D Books is a life time member of the NRA and describes himself as being to the right of John Birch. I'm taking the point on this because there have been threats made against us over this. I've been a public figure for almost 20 years and the odds of someone disturbed enough to actually follow through on the threats finding me is small. The publisher of A&D Books is a retired history teacher and would be quite easy to find if his name got out. As to why the disclaimer is on the books, that's the ironic part. When I first started publishing classic books I got a lot of complaints from liberals who didn't like the values reflected in books that were 100, 200, 300 or more years old. I wrote a very broad disclaimer so that the liberals would stop bothering me with silly complaints. When A&D Books came on board with us they adopted our disclaimer for the same reason. We were never trying to tell conservatives how to think. I wish that even one of the people who reported the we were would have contacted us first and asked about this. The book has been on sale for 3 years and sold more than 50,000 copies without generating a single complaint. Then a conservative blogger stated as bald fact that this was a liberal plot to attack the Constitution and all hell broke lose. What this was was a conservative blogger's plot to get more people to his website. If I was the kind of person he said I am, I certainly would not be taking the time to respond to every single e-mail I get.
    Sincerely,
    Warren Lapine"

Still outragous
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

A "Liberal Libertarian"?? WTH is that? Must be something along the lines of a Flaming Flambe' or a Gregarious Recluse.
    Perhaps this is why he's confused about the value of the Founding Documents...he doesn't understand them.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    This is the E mail I had recieved from Wilder Publications.

"We never meant for our disclaimer to be taken as political commentary. The disclaimer is on more than 1,000 of our books. I am a liberal libertarian, but that's really beside the point. Wilder Publications only distributes this books. That's the only reason our name is on it. The actual publisher is A&D Books. The Publisher of A&D Books is a life time member of the NRA and describes himself as being to the right of John Birch. I'm taking the point on this because there have been threats made against us over this. I've been a public figure for almost 20 years and the odds of someone disturbed enough to actually follow through on the threats finding me is small. The publisher of A&D Books is a retired history teacher and would be quite easy to find if his name got out. As to why the disclaimer is on the books, that's the ironic part. When I first started publishing classic books I got a lot of complaints from liberals who didn't like the values reflected in books that were 100, 200, 300 or more years old. I wrote a very broad disclaimer so that the liberals would stop bothering me with silly complaints. When A&D Books came on board with us they adopted our disclaimer for the same reason. We were never trying to tell conservatives how to think. I wish that even one of the people who reported the we were would have contacted us first and asked about this. The book has been on sale for 3 years and sold more than 50,000 copies without generating a single complaint. Then a conservative blogger stated as bald fact that this was a liberal plot to attack the Constitution and all hell broke lose. What this was was a conservative blogger's plot to get more people to his website. If I was the kind of person he said I am, I certainly would not be taking the time to respond to every single e-mail I get.
    Sincerely,
    Warren Lapine"

Still outragous
    I guess you could call Newscorp DBA Fox News a conservative blogger since they posted it on their web site after they broke the story on nationally televised news...

FOXNews.com - Publishing Company Under Fire for Putting Warning Label on Constitution

As far as I am concerned this chicken-**** P.O.S. Warren Lapine goes; I think he is simply trying to CYA ...

with his response and a buck you can get a roll of hockey tickets...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    NOW WTF ?

Everyone knows that political correctness has gone too far. Prepare a lesson for a class of 20, and if one student is offended, the lesson is canceled for the other 19. Construct a manger scene in public, and face "outrage" from the governing elite. The list goes on and on. But now, a publishing company has taken the absurd a step further by putting a warning label on their publications of historical documents such as the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. Is reading the Constitution now hazardous to our health?

As noted in a story on FoxNews.com, "Wilder Publications warns readers of its reprints of the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, Common Sense, the Articles of Confederation, and the Federalist Papers, among others, that 'This book is a product of its time and does not reflect the same values as it would if it were written today.'" Check out the disclaimer below:

That disclaimer was taken from Wilder's copy of "The Constitution, The Declaration of Independence, and The Articles of Confederation." The question to ask is why is this disclaimer even needed? Is the company so afraid of offending someone with the Constitution that it has to put up a warning?

One Amazon.com reviewer hit the nail on the head by writing:
    Really we need to have a disclaimer on our historic documents? The constitution is more important now than any other time in our nations history. I will check every book I purchase and ensure it is not published by Wilder Publications until they stop printing the constitution with a disclaimer.
    I agree. These documents form the basis of our country. The Constitution, AS WRITTEN, is the law of the land. (Or at least it should be.)
    Political correctness is out of control, and this example should really drive that point home. How about getting back to actually teaching American history and getting kids to thoroughly understand the Constitution? We'd all be in a much better place if we did.
    strange, my coppy does not have a warning!